Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The C3V doesn't like giving single squad figures turns that don't activate the rest of the squad, which is what happens when you get to attack using Dwarf Fling. You'll likely see a significant amount of push back for that. If it was only giving Shatterhead & Greymace the additional attack, you might be able to push it through as just an additional attack, and not an entirely new turn activation, but because it can activate another squad's figure, that will push some boundaries that they don't like pushing. They wouldn't have designed Omegacron the way he currently is if they made him today.
Old November 9th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Another concept I've been working on I'd like thoughts on. Adding a ranged aspect to the Dwarves. The only thing I've ran across in testing is whether to have his life at 4 or 5.

Shield Dwarf Wizard #8/55 D&D Icons of the Realms: Rage of Demons

NAME=ARGUS CRYSTALSPLITTER
GENERAL = AQUILLA
PLANET = TORIL
SPECIES = DWARF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

SHARD SHATTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack Special.
Choose a figure to attack. Roll 4 attack dice against the chosen figure. If the defending figure receives at least 1 wound, you may also choose two other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Shard Shatter Special Attack. Then roll 2 attack die for all adjacent figures next to the chosen figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

MYSTIC SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a special attack, add one die for Argus Crystalsplitter and any dwarf figures adjacent to him.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; November 9th, 2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old November 9th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Leaf_It is spot on. Out-of-turn attacks are a no-no, for a number of reasons. Simply put, the game can't handle it.

Argus Crystalsplitter
Pretty cool design. I think I would prefer Shard Shatter to automatically affect all adjacent, including Argus, to give him some reason to use his normal attack. And I don't think it would be a significant power boost. Really just a suggestion/preference, though. My only real complaint is the mix of Small and 4. Should be Small 3 (Feylund) or Medium 4 (Toril or Eberron).
Old November 9th, 2019, 01:15 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Would it be ok if "If you moved the dwarf figure at least one space, you may also attack with it." is removed from the Dwarf Fling power. Or I could just make it that only Shatterhead & Graymace can be moved by Dwarf Fling.

Long live heroscape
Old November 9th, 2019, 01:20 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Would it be ok if "If you moved the dwarf figure at least one space, you may also attack with it." is removed from the Dwarf Fling power. Or I could just make it that only Shatterhead & Graymace can be moved by Dwarf Fling.
It would be ok with that line removed. If you want to keep it with Shatterhead and Graymace only, you should change it to "may attack one additional time this turn" instead. That seems strange to me, though. I would just go with an attack boost instead in that case.
Old November 9th, 2019, 01:23 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
It would be ok with that line removed. If you want to keep it with Shatterhead and Graymace only, you should change it to "may attack one additional time this turn" instead. That seems strange to me, though. I would just go with an attack boost instead in that case.
Well they currently already have double attack. I also thought of adding an attack boost after Flinging.

Long live heroscape
Old November 9th, 2019, 01:31 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post

Argus Crystalsplitter
Pretty cool design. I think I would prefer Shard Shatter to automatically affect all adjacent, including Argus, to give him some reason to use his normal attack. And I don't think it would be a significant power boost. Really just a suggestion/preference, though. My only real complaint is the mix of Small and 4. Should be Small 3 (Feylund) or Medium 4 (Toril or Eberron).
Ah yes should be Medium for size, I've adjusted for that. I agree the suggestion to effect all adjacent including himself to force use of normal attack is a good idea given it is weaker. His speed is slow enough that I've not been able to target a much larger cluster than 3-4 at a time anyway. I'll give that a test but I'd think that shouldn't change much as if he gets into melee he's already in trouble.

Old November 15th, 2019, 11:06 AM

Just minor changes as discussed. Testing so far has shown some change in overall level of utility. He still tends to show up after axegrinders have engaged which makes using the special more difficult as he'll blast his allies but against the right opponent it's a risk possibly worth taking. Works okay for ranged units a bit as well, mainly because they're more concerned with the Axes running them down.

Shield Dwarf Wizard #8/55 D&D Icons of the Realms: Rage of Demons

NAME=ARGUS CRYSTALSPLITTER
GENERAL = AQUILLA
PLANET = TORIL
SPECIES = DWARF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = PRECISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

SHARD SHATTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack Special.
Choose a figure to attack. Roll 4 attack dice against the chosen figure. If the defending figure receives at least 1 wound, all adjacent figures to the chosen figure are also affected by Shard Shatter Special Attack. Then roll 2 attack die for all adjacent figures next to the chosen figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

MYSTIC SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a special attack, Argus Crystalsplitter and adjacent Dwarf figures you control roll an additional defense dice.

Last edited by robbdaman; November 15th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old November 15th, 2019, 11:32 AM

I like the changes. I'm a little confused about Mystic Shield, though. Is it supposed to be:

Quote:
MYSTIC SHEILD
When Argus Crystalsplitter rolls defense dice against a special attack, roll one additional dice plus another additional dice for each adjacent Dwarf figure you control.
or
Quote:
MYSTIC SHIELD
Argus Crystalsplitter and adjacent Dwarf figures you control roll an defense dice against special attacks.
It could be read either way.
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Ah the intent is:

Quote:
MYSTIC SHIELD
Argus Crystalsplitter and adjacent Dwarf figures you control roll an additional defense dice against special attacks.
Probably overthinking the necessary wording.

Old November 16th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Here is a custom that I have been working on for a long time.
Figures used: Sade: Lightfoot Halfling Rogue #06 Icons of the Realm Epic Level Starter

Sade's Doppleganger: Invisible Lightfoot Halfling Rogue #07 Icons of the Realm Epic Level Starter.

Long live heroscape

Last edited by The Long eared bat; November 17th, 2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old November 16th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

As-is I'd say this is too custom-y for making heroscape canon. Otherwise looks like a fun "home brewed unit"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards