Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 13th, 2019, 02:46 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Storm Design

The end result of her levitation is the same as flying so I don't think there is a need to come up with a new mechanic that is sufficiently different to require a new name but does the same thing as Flying.

Question, was the intent that you continue to roll for Phoenix Force even after affected by it? If not you may want to add that as the initial condition of the power. If the intent is that she does roll every combat so she has the chance to wound all adjacent figures then ignore the suggested start of the power below.

Also do you need to specify attacking & defending at all? isn't it all just combat?

Remaining rounds = rest of game. ?

All the effects can be listed together.

Also because you have given the effect a name I don't think you need to specify it as a "special power" in this text. Of course when referencing the Telekinetic Link Special Power that still would be correct.

Something like:
Quote:
PHOENIX FORCE
If Jean Grey is in combat and isn't already affected by Phoenix Force before rolling combat dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll 19 or higher, all figures adjacent to Jean Grey immediately receive 1 wound and Jean Grey is affected by Phoenix Force for the rest of the game. When affected by Phoenix Force add 3 to the Range, Attack and Defense values on this card and Jean Grey cannot use her Telekinetic Link Special Power.
Old October 13th, 2019, 03:16 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Also...

Old October 13th, 2019, 10:31 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome card as usual! Thanks for being there for me and the boys every time. We cannot wait to put an Order Marker on an actual Storm card rather than a piece of printed paper with ink edits on it. Love it.

As for the Jean Grey edits, I love your suggestion. You are correct in that we don't want the wounds inflicted after she is affected and I like the wording you propose. The only question I have is the wording on "is in combat". Is that official language used somewhere? If so, than I'm good with it. Otherwise, what do you think of adding back in the attacking/defending reference (I know you are not a fan of the original way I phrased it, and with good reason)? Something like:

Quote:
PHOENIX FORCE
When Jean Grey is attacking or defending, and isn't already affected by Phoenix Force, before rolling combat dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll 19 or higher, all figures adjacent to Jean Grey immediately receive 1 wound and Jean Grey is affected by Phoenix Force for all remaining rounds until Jean Grey is destroyed. When affected by Phoenix Force add 3 to the Range, Attack and Defense values on this card and Jean Grey cannot use her Telekinetic Link Special Power.
Although I like your "rest of the game" suggestion, the one thing I have to stay aware of in the HelmAverse is Rasputin's ability to raise the dead. Do I want him to resurrect an automatic Phoenix zombie? or a Jean Grey zombie? I think since she comes back with no wounds, we want to limit her to zombie Jean Grey with the possibility of zombie Phoenix. That's why I limited the duration of Phoenix Force until she is destroyed and not the rest of the game.

I'm open to thoughts though. Thanks again.

One last question, are you still open to edits on older cards? I have a handful that need wording changes to their powers. A few of them need class changes to work the synergy with a brand new design that I'll probably post next. Although Cyclops has been pending for two years, I continually update his direction radically and he needs more play testing.

I do have 3 new designs that are itching for exposure. And the kids loved them so much, that they were inspired to work on their own designs. Believe it or not, they came up with some really good designs. With a few tweaks to wording, both Helm Jr. and Lil' Helm will actually have submissions good enough for the HelmAverse. Very exciting times at the Helm household, poor Mrs. Helm is getting bombarded with scape card idea discussions 24/7. That's what happens when you root for the Mets, Jets, Isles and Knicks... sports conversations go away quickly.
Old October 14th, 2019, 01:31 AM

Re: HelmAverse Supers - Storm card and Jean Grey design

Looks good mate.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

While Storm and Jean Grey finally went public, Cyclops is unfortunately delayed. He's gone through several overhauls and although I'm feeling good about his newest design, he hasn't gone through enough proper play testing. Therefore, I'm going to keep him behind the curtain a little longer.

I still have one other older design that was created concurrently with the TMNT but she will also wait just a tad longer because the boys don't really care for the character that much. What they do want me to release are some of the brand new ones I just came up with quite recently. They went through play testing fairly quickly and are ready to go. But before I share them, I do have a few minor card edits that have been pending for a long time. It's not as much fun playing with A3n's beautiful cards when there are errata index cards attached to some of them.

Now since these edits primarily have to do with power wording edits, I did re-write out all of the powers even if some didn't change. I hope this makes it easier to edit when their are font match concerns.

I'm going to post each one in a separate post so that I can link to them from the first page and anyone who wants to try a card can see the latest version.

Excelsior.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Captain Underpants

FLASH

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
SPEEDSTER
TRICKY
MEDIUM 5

TRIPLE ATTACK
When Flash Attacks, he may attack two additional times.

SUPER SPEED
Flash does not have to stop his movement when entering a water or molten lava space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Flash can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

SPEEDSTER ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 11
If Flash moves no more than 9 spaces this turn, instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different figures Flash passed through this turn. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll an 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. Speedster Engagement Strike does not affect Speedsters or any figure occupying a Slippery Ice space.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Captain Underpants

QUICKSILVER

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
SPEEDSTER
ARROGANT
MEDIUM 5

SUPER SPEED
Quicksilver does not have to stop his movement when entering a water or molten lava space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Quicksilver can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

CIRCLING PUNCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Quicksilver may attack all adjacent figures. Roll attack dice separately for each figure. After Quicksilver uses his Circling Punch Special Attack, he may use his Circling Punch Special Attack one additional time.

SUPERSONIC STRIKE 15
After taking a turn with Quicksilver, Quicksilver may move up to an additional 4 spaces. You may choose 1 figure that Quicksilver passed through in those 4 spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. Supersonic Strike does not affect Speedsters. Quicksilver cannot use Supersonic Strike on the same turn he uses his Circling Punch Special Attack.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Captain Underpants

WONDER WOMAN

LASSO OF TRUTH 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Wonder Woman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move the chosen figure to any empty space adjacent to Wonder Woman. Engaged figures moved by Lasso of Truth will not take leaving engagement attacks.

BULLETS AND BRACELETS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may re-roll all defense dice that did not show shields. Bullets and Bracelets can be used only once for each defense roll.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Wonder Woman's movement, ignore elevations. Wonder Woman may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Wonder Woman starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Captain Underpants

DOCTOR OCTOPUS

ENHANCED CLIMB X3
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Doctor Octopus may triple his Height and count each 3 levels of terrain as 1 space.

TENTACLE GRAB AND SLAM 16
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one adjacent small or medium figure and place it on any empty space, other than a molten lava space, within 2 clear sight spaces of Doctor Octopus and no more than 6 levels above Doctor Octopus’ height or 6 levels below Doctor Octopus’ base. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for slamming damage. If you roll a 16 or higher, the slammed figure receives 2 wounds. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Tentacle Grab and Slam, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For Circling Punch SA, the mechanics are a bit confusing. Is the double attack aspect meant to apply, separately, to each separate attack on each defending figure, or is it just one additional attack overall? Or is it that he attacks all adjacent figures, then attacks all adjacent figures again? (Trying to figure out the order of operations as well).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 16th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Captain Underpants

LEX LUTHOR

220 POINTS

MASTER PLANNER
If you win initiative, after the last numbered Order Marker is revealed and the final turn is taken by the last player in the round, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this Army Card and take a turn with any Unique Hero you control.

KRYPTONITE SHARD
Kryptonians adjacent to Lex Luthor roll 3 less attack dice. When Lex Luthor defends against an adjacent Kryptonian, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

STOLEN BOOM TUBE
Instead of his normal movement, Lex Luthor may use his Stolen Boom Tube. Choose a straight line from Lex Luthor and roll the 20-sided die to determine the number of spaces that Lex Luthor may move along that straight line, ignoring elevations, to a maximum of 10 spaces. Lex Luthor may boom tube over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. If Lex Luthor is engaged when he starts his Stolen Boom Tube move, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 17th, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
LASSO OF TRUTH 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Wonder Woman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move the chosen figure to any other empty space adjacent to Wonder Woman. Engaged figures moved by Lasso of Truth will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Other than what? What's the purpose of the bolded "other"?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations