Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old July 10th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You got any Skeletons of Annellintia? I've been playing them recently online and I'm a big fan. I'd love to play them in person if anybody can bring them.
I in fact have a metric sh't-ton of Skeletons of Annellintia. Just tell me how many you need.

Still need to hear from @hivelord how many Death Chasers he's looking for.

Quote:
I plan on bringing the Wildwood faction that's in development in the C3V, if that's cool with you folks.
Absolutely! I have some of those too, FWIW, so I could also bring some. No cards for those guys, of course (as I don't think they exist yet).

Someone should confirm that I'm not supposed to be bringing any terrain. And I'm still hunting my Otonashi, so it might not hurt if someone brings her along ... heck, just bring all your 10-and-20-pointers. And if anyone has an extra squad of Deepwyrms it would save me from having to rip open my last BftU.

Oh, BTW: hivelord, I have your contact info JIC we need to text each other; @superfrog , if you like, you can PM me yours too. I swear I thought I got it last year, but I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:18 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
how many Death Chasers he's looking for.
Do you have 4? Or 3 and a Pel the Hill Giant?

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:04 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
I have both, although Pel is definitely not rebased and possibly doesn't have a card. I have 3x Death Chasers opened and there should be a 4th pack in the closet somewhere.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I work until around 12:30 or 1:00 on Saturdays, so I'll drive the 30 minutes over as soon as I'm done there.

I can bring a map or two, depending on what we need.

Could you bring at least 3 squads of Skeletons and either Nicholas or Cyprien?
Old July 11th, 2019, 07:01 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have both, although Pel is definitely not rebased and possibly doesn't have a card. I have 3x Death Chasers opened and there should be a 4th pack in the closet somewhere.
Rad. I'm okay with fudging the basing. Gothlok prolly won't be fully based either.

[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old July 11th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I work until around 12:30 or 1:00 on Saturdays, so I'll drive the 30 minutes over as soon as I'm done there.
Sounds good. I plan to just pop on over to the restaurant that hivelord suggested around 11-ish and maybe text him when we get there, then just wait for a return text that he's arrived. So that way we should be only minutes behind him.

Quote:
I can bring a map or two, depending on what we need.
Well, I think I can confirm that we will be 4.5. If it's only the 2 of you joining, we'd need only 3 maps. Maybe 4 JIC someone else from the forums here swings by (which you all should do, you lurkers out there!). Just a reminder that I'm not planning to bring any terrain, unless you guys tell me otherwise. Just armies. Lots and lots of armies. I think I just enjoy building wacky armies sometimes ...

Quote:
Could you bring at least 3 squads of Skeletons and either Nicholas or Cyprien?
No problem. Cyprien is already packed for an experimental Crypt Guardian army anyway, and I'll probably bring the same thrall army I brought last year, since it's still in the box. So there's Nicholas as well. I'll just toss some skellies in a box and call it a day (and I have the card as well, I'm 99% sure). As long as you don't need Iskra ... she went AWOL a couple of years ago and I still can't locate her stupid vampire butt.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rad. I'm okay with fudging the basing. Gothlok prolly won't be fully based either.
I think I managed to slip Pel in with my card printing order at the last minute, so hopefully I will have a card for him, but you'll definitely have to deal with the oversized base. I also may open up that other pack of Orcs & Bugbears too tho, so that way you'd have the option.

In other news, I had some ideas on where my Otonashi is, and maybe even where that last squad of Deepwyrms is hiding, so I might not need them. But we shall see. Overall, I will have 20 armies at minimum, and probably several more. But there's also some overlap (I think Elaria is in like 4 of the armies ), so it's not like we could use them all at once. But at a smaller event like this I figured that didn't matter that much.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 12th, 2019, 02:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I have a couple extra large single Yodajunkie bases if you'd like one for Pel, btw.
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
I have a couple extra large single Yodajunkie bases if you'd like one for Pel, btw.
Oh, I have bases ... just not enough time to do the work. Although, typically my "repair" kit is also my rebasing kit, so anyone with too much time on their hands could feel free to do the rebasing on the spot.

(FTM, I will probably have some doubles that @hivelord could use for Gothy, if he needs one.)

BTW, how long are we planning on playing? My family crew is super-flexible, but the Smaller Animal's friend's mom is asking. (Side note: the "Smaller" Animal is about as tall as I am these days, though still smaller than the elder one. So the nomenclature is really only true in the most technical of senses. )

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 13th, 2019, 05:47 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Okay, updated list of what I will be bringing:
  • Me (playing with the little one), Quillon, Smaller Animal, & SA's friend W.
  • 25 520 pt armies, but with a decent amount of overlap.
  • Death Chasers x4 + Pel (with cards), for hivelord.
  • Skeletons of Annellintia x4 (with card), for superfrog.
  • A bunch of filler units (i.e. units at 50pts and under).
  • All my cards.
  • No terrain.
  • ~8 sets of dice and markers + misc extra bits.
  • Misc glyphs.
  • My repair/rebasing kit + extra bases and stickers.
  • Loan tracking sheet for swapping bits and making sure they get back where they came from.
  • No snacks, really ... perhaps we should pick something on the way. Or perhaps the store has snacks; always nice to support the FLGS by buying their snacks, if they have them.

And that's pretty much it. I'm all packed and ready to rumble. Hopefully I get to sleep soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 13th, 2019, 11:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

Nice seeing you guys today and getting a few games in! We even roped in a guy from the game store who used to play, so that was super fun!

Now to think about NHSD...
Old July 14th, 2019, 02:45 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Nice seeing you guys today and getting a few games in!
Ditto! I think the kids had a great time too. I liked that venue a lot, although Quillon felt it was a bit crowded. Overstimulation, I suppose. But I really dug it.

Quote:
We even roped in a guy from the game store who used to play, so that was super fun!
Yeah, I was wondering where that guy came from. I guess he just randomly stumbled on us? How crazy is that? It's fate, I tells ya.

Quote:
Indeed! Do we want to do something similar to what we did last year? something brand new? Let's start throwing around some ideas now so that, by the time it rolls around, we know what we're doing.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 15th, 2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Nice seeing you guys today and getting a few games in!
Ditto! I think the kids had a great time too. I liked that venue a lot, although Quillon felt it was a bit crowded. Overstimulation, I suppose. But I really dug it.
It's a nice place. Most game stores tend to get that crowded I find. Which is good news for the hobby I guess!

Quote:
Quote:
We even roped in a guy from the game store who used to play, so that was super fun!
Yeah, I was wondering where that guy came from. I guess he just randomly stumbled on us? How crazy is that? It's fate, I tells ya.
Yeah. He saw me setting up maps and said "Ooh! Heroscape! I used to play that!"

Quote:
Quote:
Indeed! Do we want to do something similar to what we did last year? something brand new? Let's start throwing around some ideas now so that, by the time it rolls around, we know what we're doing.
I'm up for whatever. Maybe a mega-battle? I do miss those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers