Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tournament in Rochester MN

Just a minor insignificant request, but could you update the first post?

Also, the twist; the X marker is basically a "use instead of any OM" marker? So if I reveal my #3 marker I can instead use my X marker(ed) card?

Do I actually need to reveal the marker I'm choosing to replace? It would allow me to better conceal the markers I haven't used yet, opposed to my opponent knowing which figures are now going to move.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Do I actually need to reveal the marker I'm choosing to replace? It would allow me to better conceal the markers I haven't used yet, opposed to my opponent knowing which figures are now going to move.
I was wondering the same thing.

I played some 615 (well, 610) games last night. They ran smoothly, easily in an hour.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM

Micre Woo who?

You will not need to reveal the skipped order marker.
I will update the first post when I have a chance.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well then, can we activate the X in place of 2 and then reveal 2 instead of 3?
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
That's just crazy talk.

Any armies yet? I've got one I want to play, but I'd need to borrow 4 squads...

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
That's just crazy talk.

Any armies yet? I've got one I want to play, but I'd need to borrow 4 squads...
Ulginesh
Arkmer
Jorhdawn
Chardris
Acolarh
Kyntela
Emirroon
Isamu

Kato
Harqs x2
Yari x2
Kaemon
Crixus
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Possibly
4x Minions
2x Reavers
Atlaga

OR

4x Minions
Concan
Atlaga

OR

3x Minions
Taelord
1x Snipers

OR

4x Knights
Sir Gilbert
3x 4th
(Needs to be revised due to start zone)

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
............. snip...............

I played some 615 (well, 610) games last night. They ran smoothly, easily in an hour.
I am not saying what to do ..... I just wanted to point out what may be an issue, I know we played each other last year in Rochester, I don't remember how fast you played but all people are different. I can tell you that a couple years ago we did 540 point ( 75 points less that we are talking here ) and if remember correctly we always had 3 or even 4 tables go to time every round. In other threads this seems to be a big issue not finishing a game during reg time. Thus I just made an observation if Micre wanted to look into it ... at least he is aware of it if he did not think of it.

I myself would like to try a larger army - I just wanted the organizers to go into this with their eyes open.... I want all the HS tournies to be a good/great experience for the good of the game. I myself would also like to attend more tourneys. The best way to make sure this happens is have quality events. So if or when I see something that may be an issue I think I should say something.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
............. snip...............

I am not saying what to do ..... I just wanted to point out what may be an issue, I know we played each other last year in Rochester, I don't remember how fast you played but all people are different. I can tell you that a couple years ago we did 540 point ( 75 points less that we are talking here ) and if remember correctly we always had 3 or even 4 tables go to time every round. In other threads this seems to be a big issue not finishing a game during reg time. Thus I just made an observation if Micre wanted to look into it ... at least he is aware of it if he did not think of it.

I myself would like to try a larger army - I just wanted the organizers to go into this with their eyes open.... I want all the HS tournies to be a good/great experience for the good of the game. I myself would also like to attend more tourneys. The best way to make sure this happens is have quality events. So if or when I see something that may be an issue I think I should say something.
I do tend to play fairly fast. And I always forget when people are playing Ahsigaru or Glad/Blast to let them move their second squad.
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM

PCServbot Woo who?

Is the tournament open to anyone? If so, I'd definitely be interested in trying to make it, and I know a couple of other guys from my area might be willing to make the drive.
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Micre Woo who?

This tournament is open to all ages and skill. As of right not I am not looking to be setting an entrance fee.

I would like to be able to put the time thing to rest so I would greatly appreciate it if people would time their games and post here how it went. I have only played two practice games, but my brother is no good and got stomped in less than 20 minutes both times so I probably can't use that.

I hope no one feels I am snubbing them in any way shape or form. As this is my first HS tournament I greatly appreciate any concerns and/or suggestions. I would like this first tourney of mine to be a success so that I may continue and people will want to come and play.

For the X order marker it takes the place of the number that you use it for. So if you use it during turn 2 the 2 becomes the X order marker. You do not need to switch the order markers. Your opponent may still have to guess where that 2 (or whatever number) is.

Any map ideas? This is an excellent opportunity to get one of your new maps into a tournament. Targanth, I was unable to find your Forks in the Road version with the glyphs. Could you please post it here or pm me with it? I do plan on testing that other map as well.

I am greatly looking forward to this tournament. I thank each and every one of you in advance for help in planning and showing up to play!
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:42 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any prizes? I'd be more likely to come if there are prizes.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events