Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM

Redeadifier is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Life Drain and Marro Revivement Clarifications

Hi guys.

I have two unrelated questions this morning but i thought I would cram them into one thread rather than clutter up the front page.
As always, I have searched through the threads and faq for the answers so I apologize if I missed them.

1. For characters with life drain, (i.e. cyprien, sonya, iskra) when someone dies as a result of a leaving engagement attack from them, do they get to remove a wound? What if a wolf of badru fails to pounce on cyprien and dies?

2. Can marro that didn't start on the board due to hex restrictions be revived? If i have 25 hexes worth of characters and decide to leave off a single marro warrior or stinger/drudge assuming I have the hive, can they still be brought into the game even if they didn't start in it?

Thanks in advance for any responses and sorry again if this has been said.

~Zach
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:56 AM

phantomclone has disabled reputation
Re: Life Drain and Marro Revivement Clarifications

1. Cyprien has to destroy the figure.
2. I would say if you use the rules for hex placement, then reviving figures not placed into the game initially would not be allowed.

Hope that helped!

Never smell what you can hear????
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1) In each case he destroys the figure so "yes".
2) phantom clone nailed the second one - you cannot revive a figure not initially on the map.

~Aldin, secondly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

For question #1, the leaving egagement attacks would trigger powers like Life Drain, Bloodlust, and Rise Again. However, Pounce Special Attack would not. It is in the FAQ.

Wolves of Badru
“Defenders of Kinsland”

If one of the Wolves of Badru attempts to Pounce and fails to destroy the defending figure, the attacking Wolf is destroyed. For figures like Cyprian Esenwein, Zombies of Morindan, and Tagawa Samurai, does the defending figure get “credit” for destroying the figure? They each have powers that trigger when destroying an opponent’s figure.
No. The defending figure does not get credit for the kill when a Wolf of Badru fails in it’s Pounce Special Attack.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 23rd, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:19 PM

Redeadifier is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks guys!
This all makes sense, I just had to be sure

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's