Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:02 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3G Playtesting Sign-up

Any tips on how to write up a neat clean playtest? I'm swamped with homework and life. Luckily no one else is singing up for enchantress so it's not a big deal, but I hate how long this is taking me.

Questions.
Do I only have to put what the tested figure did?
My problem is I think it's important that I document every movement that happens even with the non-test team.

Helping me will help us, and again I'm sorry for how long this test has taken.

Old February 22nd, 2016, 06:05 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Any tips on how to write up a neat clean playtest? I'm swamped with homework and life. Luckily no one else is singing up for enchantress so it's not a big deal, but I hate how long this is taking me.

Questions.
Do I only have to put what the tested figure did?
My problem is I think it's important that I document every movement that happens even with the non-test team.

Helping me will help us, and again I'm sorry for how long this test has taken.
Look at some of mine. Just put down key moments under a notes section, such as when a figure takes wounds, and how. Or if a figure is enhanced by a marker etc. Other than that though, you don't need to note when someone moved, attacks, defends etc. if nothing comes of it. Then have a section just for the attack damage and any power effectiveness the tested figure does.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 06:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've struggled with a strong desire to include everything in my tests too, but I'll try to help give you some guidance. Here are the things I most look for when reviewing a PT report.

What units were in each army?
Which army won and by how much?
What type of map was used and was one army able to better take advantage?
What did the unit being tested do in particular to help the team in terms of tactics/powers?
How much damage did the tested unit directly dish out?
How many and why types of attacks were directed at the unit being tested?
Did any of the other units have a really big out of character contribution for either side?
Did any of the other units have a quick exit or otherwise not really participate in the results?
Old February 22nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great stuff there YK.

I would look at TB's PT reports for inspiration. The Power Summary is really helpful snap shot of a figure's output. Viegon and Bats are probably my other favorites but really any experienced tester is worth reading for inspiration.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 22nd, 2016, 09:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've probably included more than I need to lately, which is a result of taking down notes as I play rather than summarizing afterwards. I could probably include just a bit less detail and get stuff done faster.

Everything Yodaking notes is spot on. I especially like the power breakdown section Arkham mentions as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:23 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

And also make sure to put notifiers on things like botched defenses or lucky/unlucky rolls with dice or the d20. Results aren't always as they appear at face value, so it's important to point out if you feel certain things factored into said results. I've had games where a team won, but it was clear it wasn't because they were that powerful, it was more due to good/bad luck of one of the teams. Often times I feel wins/losses get pointed out, without the details being taken into account on what led to them.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:26 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks everyone, I normally make my tests the way I do because I cant get the whole test done in one sitting, so incase I forget anything then I can go back and reference what happened.

Old February 23rd, 2016, 01:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Thanks everyone, I normally make my tests the way I do because I cant get the whole test done in one sitting, so incase I forget anything then I can go back and reference what happened.
I tend to put a lot of info in mine as well but mainly because I'm going to do something strategy wise that was probably not the best idea and I don't want my report to skew something the wrong way due to my insufficient competitiveness. I figure the experienced guys would see if I did something that affected the test in a negative way and could weigh it in their decisions. But that's just me knowing my strengths and weaknesses.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@bsbush7690
@Eraguy816

Either of you guys still out there. Corsair just needs one of you guys to come through here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Atlas is now available for testing!
Old February 24th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Just a heads up - I will be able to do testing soon, but won't be available to do so for the rest of the week. Early next week, though, almost certainly! Better late than never, eh?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 24th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looking forward to it!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy