Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 18th, 2018, 04:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Initial Playtesting

The fact that odds wise (more skulls than shields on a die) he should be giving an auto wound on nearly every attack on or against him it's hard to imagine his getting owned by Leo in a one on one battle. Just about every time Leo attacks him and doesn't destroy him Leo should be getting a wound AND nearly every time Leo rolls defense against Master Splinter he should probably be taking a wound...In a single round, one on one that's 6 opportunities to receive a wound not counting Splinter's actual attack results. If Leo isn't getting 3 wounds a round from that alone then it may have just been luck.

Also you have your turns and round labels backward...there are 3 turns in a Round so I'm assuming 1R T5 is meant to be 5th round, turn 1.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would rather see a few more tests before any changes.
4 tests vs. the same figure is limited.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
The fact that odds wise (more skulls than shields on a die) he should be giving an auto wound on nearly every attack on or against him it's hard to imagine his getting owned by Leo in a one on one battle. Just about every time Leo attacks him and doesn't destroy him Leo should be getting a wound AND nearly every time Leo rolls defense against Master Splinter he should probably be taking a wound...In a single round, one on one that's 6 opportunities to receive a wound not counting Splinter's actual attack results. If Leo isn't getting 3 wounds a round from that alone then it may have just been luck.

Also you have your turns and round labels backward...there are 3 turns in a Round so I'm assuming 1R T5 is meant to be 5th round, turn 1.
No, it's the fifth turn of the round, counting each player turn as one.

And, yeah, Leo was taking quite a bit of damage from BB, but he was shredding through Splinter fast enough with those two attacks of 5 that it didn't matter so much. Splinter really wasn't feeling right here - too fragile.
And no, it wasn't nearly every time - 50%, a little higher, at most, and most of the time Leo's taking damage from BB, he's inflicting more damage on Splinter. It's not completely one sided, but Leo's murdering him far too much right now - I'd ideally like it to be close but in Splinter's favour, and it really, really isn't.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2018, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

No, it's the fifth turn of the round, counting each player turn as one.

And, yeah, Leo was taking quite a bit of damage from BB, but he was shredding through Splinter fast enough with those two attacks of 5 that it didn't matter so much. Splinter really wasn't feeling right here - too fragile.
And no, it wasn't nearly every time - 50%, a little higher, at most, and most of the time Leo's taking damage from BB, he's inflicting more damage on Splinter. It's not completely one sided, but Leo's murdering him far too much right now - I'd ideally like it to be close but in Splinter's favour, and it really, really isn't.
Thanks for clarifying...I get it now. I was confused as to how Leonardo managed to last 5 round with Splinter. Higher than 50% is what I would expect.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 18th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, here's a larger number of Heavy Hitter tests... I'd still like to tweak him so he doesn't get minced by Leo as much. I actually like Yodaking's suggestion - it feels more thematic for someone being able to get his opponent off balance.

Map: Blackroot (no glyphs)

TEST 1
Units: Master Splinter vs. Leonardo (210)
Leo struck first, and kept getting heavy hits against his Master, defeating him in only three blows. However, he also overextended with each strike, taking a wound from Breaking Balance for the first two and only avoiding it the last time by finishing Splinter. Splinter only struck once, to no avail.

Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T5: Leonardo with 2/5 wounds.

TEST 2

Leo took three wounds from Splinter, one on a normal hit, one when his Balance was Broken on defence, and once when it was on offence, but his attacks were savage enough that Splinter couldn’t compete.

Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T6: Leonardo with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 3
Leo strikes first, inflicting two wounds to no reprisal, before Splinter struck Leo, breaking his balance and inflicting a wound that way. Leo retaliates, not overextending and inflicting a wound. Splinter then struck Leo, rolling two skulls - Leo fails to block whatsoever, taking two wounds normally and one from BB. Leo then hits Splinter with a devastating blow - he would take a wound from BB, being taken out, but takes Splinter out and survives instead.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T5: Leonardo with 4/5 wounds.

TEST 4

Leo strikes first, inflicting a wound while taking one himself due to overextending. Splinter strikes Leo, inflicting a wound with BB but none normally. Leo strikes Splinter for a wound, but takes one himself. Splinter fails to harm Leo. Leo maintains the initiative, and rolls an all-skull attack, eliminating his Master.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R2T1: Leonardo with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 5

Leo took a couple of wounds from BB, one on attack and one on defence, but his two blows that landed were devastating enough to slaughter Splinter

TEST 6

Splinter, for the first time in all these tests, counterstruck Leo while taking no damage himself - twice. He inflicted two wounds this way, two wounds counterstriking while being hurt himself, and one wound while overbalancing Leo on the offensive - this is what I was looking for from Splinter, but he’s not doing it enough, at least not vs. Leo.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R2T1: Master Splinter with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 7

Splinter was doing pretty well, receiving two wounds in Leo’s first assault, but inflicting two wounds against him during it as well, blocking one of the blows and taking two wounds from one. He then retaliated, inflicting a wound through Balance Breaking on the offensive. Leo then got a deadly 3 skull to no shield attack, annihilating his Master.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T5: Leonardo with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 8
Splinter received three wounds from Leo’s first attack, but inflicted two wounds during it, before retaliating, striking Leo for two wounds (one normally and one through BB). Leo then strikes Splinter for a wound, but overextends in doing so, and his father lays him flat.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T5: Master Splinter with 4/5 wounds.

TEST 9
Pretty much the usual story - Leo takes a couple of wounds from BB on the offence, but does enough damage to Splinter quickly enough for it not to matter.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T6 Leonardo with 2/5 wounds.

TEST 10
Yeah, it’s the usual story again, though at least Splinter got a wound through a normal attack

TEST 11
Units: Master Splinter vs. Sandman (William Baker) (210)
Sand Construction allows Sandman to account for the one wound he receives through counterstrike, and for the wound he receives when Splinter breaks his balance on the offensive, and he just crushes the rat.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R2T1: Sandman with 0/5 wounds.

TEST 12

Sandman couldn’t roll defence to save his life... literally.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T6: Master Splinter with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 13

Sandman’s attacks were too heavy, and, while they resulted in BB, it didn’t matter, especially with Sand Construction alleviating it.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T6: Sandman with 1/5 wounds.

TEST 14

If Splinter gets a high skull roll and his opponent doesn’t roll many shields, it can be really punishing. That being said, Sandman was able to kill him quickly enough for it not to matter.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T5: Master Splinter with 3/5 wounds.

TEST 15

Sandman got some big attacks here... unfortunately, he also couldn’t roll shields on defence, rolling one below the number of skulls Splinter rolled both times, taking one wound normally and one from BB, and, on his last attack, he was one wound short of finishing the rat, and died on account of it.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R1T6: Master Splinter with 4/5 wounds.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Seems to be doing reasonably well at 210, without his other 2 support type powers coming into play. So 230-250 possibly as-is?
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I really like YK's suggestion. Here's a slight modification that may make it more useful though:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE
When an adjacent opponent's figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against Master Splinter, or rolls defense dice against an attack from Master Splinter, if they roll more skulls than shields, you may change one of the opponent's dice to any result and if Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:30 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I really like YK's suggestion. Here's a slight modification that may make it more useful though:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE
When an adjacent opponent's figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against Master Splinter, or rolls defense dice against an attack from Master Splinter, if they roll more skulls than shields, you may change one of the opponent's dice to any result and if Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.
Rather than the subtract one shield thing wouldn't it be easier to just say Splinter "add one automatic skull Shield to whatever is rolled"

Same thing and it's common language.

Last edited by japes; January 18th, 2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE
Rather than the subtract one shield thing wouldn't it be easier to just say Splinter "add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled"

Because that's not going to help in defence, which is really where I'm having the problem - I have no issues with his offensive capability or the amount of damage he's doing, just how quickly he's getting killed. I really do like that power, though. It's going to make him expensive, but I'm okay with that - 250 is my top level for this guy, and I'm absolutely happy if he ends up that high. Shredder's 255, after them all - Splinter being equal to Human Shredder doesn't seem unreasonable. Honestly, though, the more I think about it, quozl's tweak could make it too powerful on attack... maybe Yodaking's original is better?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE
Rather than the subtract one shield thing wouldn't it be easier to just say Splinter "add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled"

Because you can do crazy stuff with this power, like change a blank that Flash needs to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:56 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE

Because that's not going to help in defence, which is really where I'm having the problem - I have no issues with his offensive capability or the amount of damage he's doing, just how quickly he's getting killed. I really do like that power, though. It's going to make him expensive, but I'm okay with that - 250 is my top level for this guy, and I'm absolutely happy if he ends up that high. Shredder's 255, after them all - Splinter being equal to Human Shredder doesn't seem unreasonable. Honestly, though, the more I think about it, quozl's tweak could make it too powerful on attack... maybe Yodaking's original is better?
How is him adding an auto shield (or subtracting a Skull from his opponent...same idea) to his roll not going to help his defense?

Old January 18th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE

How is him adding an auto shield (or subtracting a Skull from his opponent...same idea) to his roll not going to help his defense?
You said automatic skull, not shield....

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library