Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 12th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 5

WISDOM OF THE RAT

Once per round, when an Order Marker is removed from any Ninja Army Card you control, you may immediately place that Order Marker on this army card or any Ninja Army Card you control. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Ninja you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Opponent’s figures adjacent to Master Splinter may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control with two or more wound markers on their card. When a Ninja Turtle you control receives two or more wounds from a single attack or special power, Master Splinter may immediately move up to 5 spaces. Master Splinter will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Father's Devotion.

NINJITSU STRIKE/BALANCE BREAKING/KUZUSHI/BETTER NAME?

When an adjacent opponent's figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against Master Splinter, or rolls defence dice against an attack from Master Splinter, if they roll more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.
Since I'm pretty happy with where we are right now, I'm going to call in the mandatory sanity check. @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer - any issues?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just to make sure I understand it correctly - Wisdom of the Rat would allow me to take an extra turn with Turtle Power, then return that OM to one of the turtles so I can still use that OM when it comes around again (or to activate with Turtle Power)? So in a full turtle build, it's "take one extra Turtle turn per round".

Overall, he's strong, a nice addition to the TMNT build. Father's Devotion (not so different from Daring Decoy) combined with a defensive power seems quite annoying, but I can't think of an easy way to supercharge it using other defensive abilities.

The attacking element of Ninjitsu Strike makes me wonder if you really need an attack of 4. Splinter is going to do damage pretty consistently just from people rolling more skulls than shields (a pretty common event).
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Just to make sure I understand it correctly - Wisdom of the Rat would allow me to take an extra turn with Turtle Power, then return that OM to one of the turtles so I can still use that OM when it comes around again (or to activate with Turtle Power)? So in a full turtle build, it's "take one extra Turtle turn per round".
Yep, that's right - or you could use it to place the removed OM on Splinter himself (or, theoretically, any other Ninja figures you happen to have in your army).

Quote:
Overall, he's strong, a nice addition to the TMNT build. Father's Devotion (not so different from Daring Decoy) combined with a defensive power seems quite annoying, but I can't think of an easy way to supercharge it using other defensive abilities.
Cool! Yeah, I'm hoping he ends up pretty strong, but I'm glad yo hear it's not really exploitable.
Quote:
The attacking element of Ninjitsu Strike makes me wonder if you really need an attack of 4. Splinter is going to do damage pretty consistently just from people rolling more skulls than shields (a pretty common event).
Eh... I'll see how it goes in testing, but I'm in no hurry to drop his attack. I want Splinter to be strong and one of the premier martial artists in the C3G universe, and I want his normal attack to at least have a shot of doing something normally rather than seeing him in a Scorpion (Carmilla Black) situation.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:47 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Looks ok. I don't really get why he inflicts wounds on people when they make strong attacks though, that doesn't seem that 'off balance' to me. Especially since attack re-roll powers (which the power really hates on) usually represent people being skilled/in the zone/whatever.

I do think the Pied Piper thing should just be nipped in the bud at Piper's end, not like it was ever meant to work like that anyway.

Sidenote: Since this is the IDW version, should he have a Hamato Yoshi secret id? He's Hamato Yoshi's reincarnation in a rat body in that continuity IIRC.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

the possibility of an Auto wound when he attacks or is being attacked already gets that point across...especially when he has the Daring Decoy power and you are forced to attack him or take a LEA. I wouldn't get hung up on the Attack number printed on the card = showing he's a strong fighter. with an Attack of 3 he'd show that. You almost want him to attack a figure with a high defense since the more dice rolled would lead to more of a possibility of more skulls rolled.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Looks ok. I don't really get why he inflicts wounds on people when they make strong attacks though, that doesn't seem that 'off balance' to me. Especially since attack re-roll powers (which the power really hates on) usually represent people being skilled/in the zone/whatever.

Sidenote: Since this is the IDW version, should he have a Hamato Yoshi secret id? He's Hamato Yoshi's reincarnation in a rat body in that continuity IIRC.
I agree. Master Martial Artist is a better choice. It's been used before and conveys the theme well.

And yes, Hamato Yoshi should be the secret identity if we're going IDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If we start including reincarnations on secret identities, the Hawkpeople are gonna look VERY confusing.

Finally got a chance to sit down and look at this. I like where we're at with the design posted on this page. The Ninjitsu Strike power is really awesome for me - it reminds me a lot of what I was hoping to do with Guile's Flash Kick, in theme, but executed in a stronger way in mechanics and, uh, goodness.

The first two powers do seem a bit too complex for me, though. I think the "moves when a Ninja Turtle takes 2+ wounds" is a bit too specific a trigger for the amount of space it takes up, and from my limited experience with the character, feels strange. Splinter has always felt more like a "bring the enemy to me" character than a "spring into action" guy.
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Finally got a chance to sit down and look at this. I like where we're at with the design posted on this page. The Ninjitsu Strike power is really awesome for me - it reminds me a lot of what I was hoping to do with Guile's Flash Kick, in theme, but executed in a stronger way in mechanics and, uh, goodness.
I'm glad you like it - I know quozl and Soundwarp are skeptical, but it's a theme I really wanted to convey, and I think this does a good job of it.
Quote:
The first two powers do seem a bit too complex for me, though. I think the "moves when a Ninja Turtle takes 2+ wounds" is a bit too specific a trigger for the amount of space it takes up, and from my limited experience with the character, feels strange. Splinter has always felt more like a "bring the enemy to me" character than a "spring into action" guy.
Hmmm... that's a point I can kind of get, he is deliberate in that regard, but I'm not sure how you could cleanly convey that and, if he believed one of his sons to be in danger, he absolutely would spring into action.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 13th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Here's one idea for a slightly reoriented take on it:

FATHER'S DEVOTION
As long as a Ninja Turtle within 2 clear sight spaces of Splinter has two or more Wound Markers on their card:
- Opponent's figures adjacent to Master Splinter cannot attack that Ninja Turtle, and
- Instead of moving with Master Splinter, you may switch him and that Ninja Turtle. Figures moved with Father's Devotion never take leaving engagement attacks.

We could also limit it to just adjacency, but, I dunno, it's a rough draft. "Splinter suddenly jumps into the fray" seems weird to me, but "Splinter sees his boy in trouble and deliberately puts both of them where they need to be" feels more strategic. The sort of thing a wise old master would do.
Old January 15th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Here's one idea for a slightly reoriented take on it:

FATHER'S DEVOTION
As long as a Ninja Turtle within 2 clear sight spaces of Splinter has two or more Wound Markers on their card:
- Opponent's figures adjacent to Master Splinter cannot attack that Ninja Turtle, and
- Instead of moving with Master Splinter, you may switch him and that Ninja Turtle. Figures moved with Father's Devotion never take leaving engagement attacks.

We could also limit it to just adjacency, but, I dunno, it's a rough draft. "Splinter suddenly jumps into the fray" seems weird to me, but "Splinter sees his boy in trouble and deliberately puts both of them where they need to be" feels more strategic. The sort of thing a wise old master would do.
Hmm... I like the swapping rather than blindly charging, but I also liked that Yodaking's version allowed him to act quickly to help a Turtle presently under attack, esp. vs. multi attacks. How about something like:

FATHER'S DEVOTION
- Whenever thart Ninja Turtle receives one or more wounds, you may switch him and that Ninja Turtle. Figures moved with Father's Devotion never take leaving engagement attacks.

I'm about to update the SP with my present version - I'll be proposing a vote to move this forwards tomorrow.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 15th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd streamline that a little to make the switch-trigger a little less finicky.

Quote:
Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Whenever a Ninja Turtle you control within 2 spaces of Master Splinter receives 2 or more wounds from a single attack or special power, you may switch him and that Ninja Turtle. Switched figures will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Old January 16th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd streamline that a little to make the switch-trigger a little less finicky.

Quote:
Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Whenever a Ninja Turtle you control within 2 spaces of Master Splinter receives 2 or more wounds from a single attack or special power, you may switch him and that Ninja Turtle. Switched figures will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Updated.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library