Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 7th, 2018, 05:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's customs: Republic Commandos 10/06/18

revised

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:50 AM.
Old October 7th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I love the variety! You can take the basic Clone Troopers or pay a little extra for a special unit. Squad Training is a neat thematic power for the faction. It makes the faction very vulnerable to explosion attacks as a trade off to its power.

The 41st Elite Corps & the 501st are my favorites. I think you could safely take the Marines down to 65; their power isn't very good and is only usable against heroes. They'd be very good against low-defense heroes, however.

If we could redo HoSS figures, It'd be cool to do something similar with the Stormtrooper variants. Make them all nearly identical 4-man squads but the specialty troops get a terrain bonus and a point bump.
Old October 7th, 2018, 06:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I love the variety! You can take the basic Clone Troopers or pay a little extra for a special unit. Squad Training is a neat thematic power for the faction. It makes the faction very vulnerable to explosion attacks as a trade off to its power.

The 41st Elite Corps & the 501st are my favorites. I think you could safely take the Marines down to 65; their power isn't very good and is only usable against heroes. They'd be very good against low-defense heroes, however.

If we could redo HoSS figures, It'd be cool to do something similar with the Stormtrooper variants. Make them all nearly identical 4-man squads but the specialty troops get a terrain bonus and a point bump.
Thanks Arch. I'll drop the Marines down to 65 to see how they do there. Any thoughts on the 41st Elite Corps Special Attack name. It feels like the name could be better. I'm having to really think about the Commanders abilities before revamping them. I'll be doing:
*Commander Cody
*Commander Bacara
*Commander Gree
*Commander Appo
I also have a generic Clone Commander for the Phase 1 clones and an ARC trooper Commando that I plan on making cards for.

As for a Re-do on HoSS figures, I agree to an extent on some. The problem I think that is there for the Imperial squads is a simple one. The Regular storm troopers overshadow the rest of them a little.
Stats for the different types are:
Storm Troopers, 4man, M5 R6 A1 D3-80pts
Snow Troopers, 3man, M4 R6 A1 D3-70pts They do get snow bonuses
Death Star Troopers, 3man, M5 R6 A1 D2 Road bonus
Scout Troopers, 2man, M6 R5 A1 D3 Recon and sniper bonuses
How I'd fix this, and how I'll do it for my own collection is by doing two things.
-Make a 3 man Storm Trooper Squad at 60 pts
-Change the Heavy Storm Trooper to be able to simply bond with an Imperial Common squad of soldiers instead of sitting one of them out.
This allows the rest of the Imperial units to shine. The snowtroopers will be the best pick for a snow map, the DST will be a good option for a road heavy map, though they are balanced out by having one less defense than an original stormtrooper, and the scout troopers will have one less attack while still getting to do their stuff. What do you think?

Old October 7th, 2018, 07:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Trex's customs: Star Wars Republic Forces 10/07/18

I've actually used your Delta Squad cards before. I liked them. I liked how Sev, Fixer and Scorch could be used as stand alone figures in a clone army, especially Fixer's covering fire, or by take Boss and the other three for a nice army on their own. Boss is the only one that needs another Delta Squad figure and that's nice for variety.

As for your commanders...Could I persuade you to think of Captain Rex as well?

I'll have to dig up my Cody and Rex cards. I had them work both as leaders but differently and also they worked well together in a larger army.

If I ever had a balanced set of Clone Wars era cards I'd be happy. Although I'm not a huge fan of the prequels, I do like that they brought us the Clone Wars show and that section of the universe to life. Loved the early battlefront video games and started getting into Heroscape Star Wars to recreate those experiences on the table top.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 7th, 2018, 07:15 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I've actually used your Delta Squad cards before. I liked them. I liked how Sev, Fixer and Scorch could be used as stand alone figures in a clone army, especially Fixer's covering fire, or by take Boss and the other three for a nice army on their own. Boss is the only one that needs another Delta Squad figure and that's nice for variety.

As for your commanders...Could I persuade you to think of Captain Rex as well?

I'll have to dig up my Cody and Rex cards. I had them work both as leaders but differently and also they worked well together in a larger army.

If I ever had a balanced set of Clone Wars era cards I'd be happy. Although I'm not a huge fan of the prequels, I do like that they brought us the Clone Wars show and that section of the universe to life. Loved the early battlefront video games and started getting into Heroscape Star Wars to recreate those experiences on the table top.
Thanks for the feedback @japes . The 501st Commander I have could be Rex. He is in Phase II Armor. Unfortunately I borrowed my DVD sets of clone wars to someone ages ago and they have seemed to have forgotten they were mine. That was before I could watch more than a few episodes. Ill check to see if its on netflix so I can get a better feel for how Rex is. I was going to wait to develop these cards with HOSS but I feel that ship has passed. I'll take whatever feed back you can throw at me as I put these together.

Old October 7th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks Arch. I'll drop the Marines down to 65 to see how they do there. Any thoughts on the 41st Elite Corps Special Attack name. It feels like the name could be better.
Personally, I would name them as simply as possible so people can predict the powers just by hearing the name. So something like this:
  • Clone Troopers
  • Airborne Clone Troopers
  • Elite Clone Troopers
  • Marine Clone Troopers
  • Sniper Clone Troopers
You lose a lot of the theme of the individual names and unit numbers, though that could be included as flavor text similar to where the faction name is now.

Quote:
How I'd fix this, and how I'll do it for my own collection is by doing two things.
-Change the Heavy Storm Trooper to be able to simply bond with an Imperial Common squad of soldiers instead of sitting one of them out.
This allows the rest of the Imperial units to shine. The snowtroopers will be the best pick for a snow map, the DST will be a good option for a road heavy map, though they are balanced out by having one less defense than an original stormtrooper, and the scout troopers will have one less attack while still getting to do their stuff. What do you think?
That'd be pretty cool. You'd always bring multiple Heavy Stormtroopers, but maybe you could make a Heavy Snowtrooper, Heavy Scout Trooper, etc. too so there is some variety there too. And maybe the Officers could also bond instead of the Heavy.
Old October 7th, 2018, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Thanks Arch. I'll drop the Marines down to 65 to see how they do there. Any thoughts on the 41st Elite Corps Special Attack name. It feels like the name could be better.
Personally, I would name them as simply as possible so people can predict the powers just by hearing the name. So something like this:
  • Clone Troopers
  • Airborne Clone Troopers
  • Elite Clone Troopers
  • Marine Clone Troopers
  • Sniper Clone Troopers
You lose a lot of the theme of the individual names and unit numbers, though that could be included as flavor text similar to where the faction name is now.

Quote:
That'd be pretty cool. You'd always bring multiple Heavy Stormtroopers, but maybe you could make a Heavy Snowtrooper, Heavy Scout Trooper, etc. too so there is some variety there too. And maybe the Officers could also bond instead of the Heavy.
Generic Names on the Clone trooper types is not a bad idea for folks less inclined to star wars. I already mocked up the card for the 3 man storm trooper squad and changed the heavy card. Instead of Heavy Scout trooper, Heavy Snowtrooper, I had some cool ideas for some other units you could insert in there: Some are from my Imperial Assault sets. A riot shield Stormtrooper, and an Imperial Jet Trooper. Could be pretty awesome.

Old October 7th, 2018, 08:42 PM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:51 AM.
Old October 7th, 2018, 08:52 PM
"like" happy

@Arch-vile , if I change the names of the different corps of clone troopers I think I will also need to re work the wording in their first Squad Training Power. I'll see if I can come up with a way to make that work while simplifying the names for people less star wars inclined. Thanks a bunch for the feed back. I really want to get the rest of my star wars minis off the shelf more often.

Old October 7th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Archie

Cool stuff TREX. I've recently gotten a couple friends into 'scape and so I've come to appreciate simplifying stuff when possible. I didn't know Imperial Assault had all those neat Stormtrooper variants; they'd definitely fit as thematic alternates for the Heavies.
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:50 PM
"like" happy

revised

Old October 7th, 2018, 11:45 PM
"like" happy

revised

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards