Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

I have seen a lot of one-on-one maps use ruins on part of the start zone. Mid-way through the battle, their could be a couple of your opponents stragglers in front of these ruins. You could teleport behind the concealment of the ruins and blast at away. If your opponent decides to move to attack you, just zip away. This works best if the "stragelers" are melee.

Old May 26th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

In another thread, RobertDD asked how Teleport Reinforcements would interact with Sujoah's Poisonous Sting. I think it's actually pretty simple.

Teleport Reinforcements works when Tul-Bak-Ra takes wounds from a special or normal attack, but is not destroyed.

So, tally up how many wounds Poisonous Sting does. See if TBR is dead at the end. TBR can Teleport Reinforcements equal to the number of wounds he took from the entire attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; May 26th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
In another thread, RobertDD asked how Teleport Reinforcements would interact with Sujoah's Poisonous Sting. I think it's actually pretty simple.

Teleport Reinforcements works when Tul-Bak-Ra takes wounds from a special or normal attack, but is not destroyed.

So, tally up how many wounds Poisonous Sting does. See if TBR is dead at the end. TBR can Teleport Reinforcements equal to the number of wounds he took from the entire attack.
You beat me to it, but came to a different conclusion than I did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Sujoah
- POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Ignore wound(s) just received OR all wounds?
If a power that "ignores wounds just received" (like Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree Aura) triggers on the poison roll, does it allow the defending figure to ignore ALL wounds from the attack?
No. Only the wound(s) that were just inflicted when the power was triggered. (Hasbro FAQ)

Tul-Bak-Ra's wording uses the phrase "just received" and the ruling above seems to indicate that each "step" of the Poison Sting would be handled separately. I'd think, based on that ruling, that Tul-Bak-Ra gets to roll every time poison inflicts wounds, but only gets to Teleport 1 figure at a time (since Sujoah only inflicts 1 wound per "step".

I secretly hope I am wrong and you are right, Jexik, because this seems needlessly complicated to me. The above quoted ruling is actually one I would not mind being reversed if it came to that (because I think that it would be really weird to have Leaf of the Home Tree work one way, and Teleport Reinforcements another)

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post

I seem to disagree. Every time he takes a wound but is not destroyed, he may teleport Marro. That seems to suggest that it may be done every step, as mentioned before.

But it is all one attack, so I am sorta confused on that one.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

You know what, I think you guys (RobertDD, Mr Migraine) might be right. The trigger seems to be receiving one or more wound(s) from an attack- not the result of the entire attack.

(The funny thing about this is that I don't think I'll ever play a game where Sujoah kills Tul-Bak-Ra).

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Either way I think it makes the most sense to see how many wounds were dealt without destroying him, then place the Marro after the entire attack. Say he does take enough damage to be destroyed, you would still place one Marro for each wound on the way there (except the last one), since each wound is a separate trigger.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:54 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know, Necro. The card says "when TBR receives one or more wounds," but you don't usually wait until the end of Sujoah's turn to apply the wound markers. I think the reinforcements should show up right when the wound markers do.

And it does make a difference, because the appearance of a couple of Stingers might make your opponent think twice about continuing with Poison Sting. Probably not, but you never know.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Either way I think it makes the most sense to see how many wounds were dealt without destroying him, then place the Marro after the entire attack. Say he does take enough damage to be destroyed, you would still place one Marro for each wound on the way there (except the last one), since each wound is a separate trigger.
If each wound is a separate trigger, you also have to take into account that you need to make a separate roll after each wound!

Now, Poison Sting does not affect adjacent units, but imagine that wave 9 contains a new unit with Poison splash damage (stepped, damage, affects adjacent.) Now all of a sudden it gets important when you place your figures!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
If each wound is a separate trigger, you also have to take into account that you need to make a separate roll after each wound!
There's no roll associated with Teleport Reinforcements. If he takes a wound, a guy gets teleported, unless you're referring to Poisonous Sting...

Quote:
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart

I think TBR may bring Kelda up a little bit in the Power Rankings due to the fact that she will, for once, be providing more of a benefit than Raelin, as TBR can tear up the enemy lines and teleport in more Marro, then teleport back to Kelda, heal, then go out and do even more damage.

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaScaper 2.0 View Post
I think TBR may bring Kelda up a little bit in the Power Rankings due to the fact that she will, for once, be providing more of a benefit than Raelin, as TBR can tear up the enemy lines and teleport in more Marro, then teleport back to Kelda, heal, then go out and do even more damage.
I thought this first too. Then I realized that TBR probably won't be attacked until the Marrow squads are destroyed. Why attack TBR and bring Marro squads in that will generally attack with 3 attacks of 3, when you can ignore TBR and let him attack with 4 (or 3 special)? Unless you need to keep a certain figure alive, I will ignore TBR.

This should make Grimnak and Braxas good counters to TBR. I'm in favor of almost anything that brings Grimnak into more games.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

I think Kelda's ranking should be a little higher, but definitely not because of Tul-Bak-Ra. Bringing the two of them to a tournament together would be one of the silliest things ever.

In a typical round, you would: 1) Move forward and make one attack of 3 or 4. 2) Teleport away without attacking something. 3) Heal yourself. What is your opponent doing on those three turns?

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units