Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 14th, 2009, 05:02 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sir Dupuis

Dupuis really loses out by lacking bonding and multiple attacks.

First Dupuis is the only 150 point Hero that can't kill multiple figures with 1 order marker, something Cyprien, Mimring, Q10, and Ulginesh with Mindlink can do.

Second the instances he is worth using are pretty limited. Even against a high defense Hero like Q9 I would rather take 4 or so attacks of 3 or 4 than 1 attack of 7. Yeah he can sneak past an army with Tactial Disengagement to try to take out a Raelin or Taelord but willingly replacing 4 attacks with 1 is typically not ideal plus if he does put an important piece in danger will likely be swarmed on his opponents turn.

Finally he does not even do that great as a Stand alone hero whereas others like Krug are more versatile who works well even outside of a Beast army
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Simple Question here. I had a minor disagreement with a beginner and I'd like someone to clarify. That Sir Dupris does not count himself toward the bonus for knights within 4 spaces despite the fact that he is a knight. Thankyou.
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Dupuis does not count himself as a knight for that power; only other knights that you control.
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:20 AM

mobius Woo who?

Will be doing playteting shortly but I think we may see ole' Dupuis rolling out with the Phantom Knights. The use would be the PK as shock troops to bait out the enemy and use Dupuis as a cruise missle right up the center to a key target. Would work very well if the timing was correct.

Mobius

-Chargin up a road paved by phantoms.
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius View Post
Will be doing playteting shortly but I think we may see ole' Dupuis rolling out with the Phantom Knights. The use would be the PK as shock troops to bait out the enemy and use Dupuis as a cruise missle right up the center to a key target. Would work very well if the timing was correct.

Mobius

-Chargin up a road paved by phantoms.
Vs. Q9 maybe? Unfortunately, Insubstantial 3 doesn't work against him...

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:17 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really like Dupuis as a heavy hitter to use with the PK's. Don't forget about his Tactical Disengagement, which means the entire army has a way to disengage without taking wounds. Even the Grut armies can't say that (if they're playing Grimnak)!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't see the PK going with Sir Dupuis very much. Even though they give him a bonus if he's near them, I suspect that one would want to use 150 points more wisely in a tourney. In casual, maybe. I just say that if the KoW don't go well with SD, neither will the PK.
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I don't see the PK going with Sir Dupuis very much. Even though they give him a bonus if he's near them, I suspect that one would want to use 150 points more wisely in a tourney. In casual, maybe. I just say that if the KoW don't go well with SD, neither will the PK.
Well, yeah. Sir Dupuis doesn't see much Tournament action anyways. The Phantom Knights are a unit that works well with him in fun games, but they will stand alone in tournaments. I doubt very much that anyone is seriously considering taking Dupuis and the PK's to a tournament, but I could be wrong.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I think that the PKs make great teammates for Sir Dupuis. The problem with teaming him with the KoW is that those Knights move so slowly you have to check Sir D's movement to keep him nearby for the Attack boost, and if they become engaged he has to stop and wait for them. With Stealth Flying 6 the PKs will be able to lead the charge to the enemy unimpeded, and with Insubstantial 3 they will easily be able to swarm ranged squads allowing Sir D to key in on the hero. I even like this team against armies with Special Attacks because the PKs still have a Defense of 4 against them, giving them a decent chance to close the gap. I'm seriously looking at Sir Dupuis + PKs x3 for the upcoming Northern CA tourney (we have a GPA limit, but still...)

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Phantom Knights need to be mentioned on the front page under synergies.

PK have a link here, but not vice versa.
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:19 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

I'm think of taking him with Phantom Knights too, but I'm vacillating on whether or not his possible single attack of 7 is worth those 150 points. I've found that adding Concan to the mix really helps out Dupuis AND the PKs, though. If you're more worried about protecting Dupuis, Concan can sit back and shield him, but more likely he will be sitting out front boosting PKs.
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I have no idea about this guy. In some situations he can be a monster killer, but he can also die very fast. If he was a champion, he would be rediculus. Knights of Weston do survive long enough to be able to set up purly to help him out. Only one attack makes it hard for me to trust him vs a army that is squad based. Aganced a hero army, with low move and on a open battlefield, I'll take my chances with him, besides that situation or something like that, he's weak and expensive.

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units