Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Chardris Revealed!

Neither Darklord nor Utgar.

Last edited by Cavalier; May 23rd, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Chardis Revealed!

As I said on the front page I am very surprised he's an ullar wizard. I was kinda hoping he'd be an utgar darklord or perhaps even a vampire. but oh well, good news for elves! He seems pretty cool. nothing too special, another elf wizard with the possibility of a 5 attack special attack at 6 range. That's pretty cool. I was hoping he'd have some range but his special is pretty decent. 90 pts is nice a cheap as well for a 6 life figure. I like it. Thanks for the preview!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh, COME ON! How is Chardis not an Utgar elf? That alone is very dissapointing to me. But hey, he's cool, and if I manage to ignore that eventually, he'll probably be awesome. He's better than Johrdawn in hero killing, and way better than Arkmer.
I find it funny that this guy is so much better than Arkmer... now there really IS no reason to use Arkmer in your Elf Wizard army. Poor guy.
Here's the primary elven wizard army, in my opinion:
Emiroon
Kyntella
Uglinesh
Johrdawn
Chardis
Zetacron
Granted, Zetacron has no reason to be there. But he's probably a better choice than Arkmer, IMO. There quite literally is nothing going for Arkmer compared to Johrdawn and Chardis... I'll be willing to get that Arkmer is the worst thing we get out of this wave solely because every other Elf Wizard beats him in usefulness.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I shall have to disagree with you Bloody the Marro Stinger. I think Arkmer is still awesome. For one he has a ranged attack of 4 base value, which none of the elves have. He can also get the highest amount of defense of any heroscape character up to date. he has the icing on hte cake with the engagement strike, and all for 50 pts. He's really cheap, and stands a good chance of doing some damage. I think he can belong in any elf army.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Oh, COME ON! How is Chardis not an Utgar elf? That alone is very dissapointing to me. But hey, he's cool, and if I manage to ignore that eventually, he'll probably be awesome. He's better than Johrdawn in hero killing, and way better than Arkmer.
I find it funny that this guy is so much better than Arkmer... now there really IS no reason to use Arkmer in your Elf Wizard army. Poor guy.
Emiroon
Kyntella
Uglinesh
Johrdawn
Chardis
Zetacron
Granted, Zetacron has no reason to be there. But he's probably a better choice than Arkmer, IMO. There quite literally is nothing going for Arkmer compared to Johrdawn and Chardis... I'll be willing to get that Arkmer is the worst thing we get out of this wave solely because every other Elf Wizard beats him in usefulness.
Get rid of Zeta, and add DeD, than you have an all Ullar army!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

I'm also surprised he's not Utgar, since Utgar always has a hero in the Heroes pack, but I'm not at all disappointed. Utgar's got too much, anyway.

It's curious that he's not included in the elf pack, leaving room for another hero, but I suppose that's because of the sheer size of Ulginesh's sculpt. I saw one comment on the front page complaining that both sets have a two-space figure, but Ulgy's sculpt looks significantly larger than Sir Dupuis. After all, his horse has WINGS!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Anybody else notice he was valiant along with Kyntela and Jorhdawn?

Chardis - 90
J-Dawn - 190
KG - 210
4th Mass x 4 - 490

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

So that makes the elves round out to an even 700 points with all the wizards. I'll have to try that army out in a bigger game.

I like him - I think he'll help the elves out, though i still don't know if they can beat squads.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Emiroon
Kyntella
Uglinesh
Johrdawn
Chardis
Zetacron
Hmm. I actually think that Arkmer plus Isamu would be a lot better in that army. Because after they take down Chardis you won't have much firepower left to take down any hero figures left. I mean four attack with Arkmer with him getting height pretty easily is nothing to sneeze about. Plus Kyntella will probably still be alive so just her next to Arkmer gives him four defense. Plus the other elves will still be all bunched up towards the front of the battle while Zetacron will be left back in the starting zone taking a little while to get into the heat of the battle. As I see it, after Chardis goes down you will still probably have at least two to three other elf wizards left and if you summon Arkmer to the right spot with Emiroon then you will probably be adjacent to at least two other elves. So that right there equals four defense which is as good as Zetacron's defense plus he has one more life than Zetacron. His five range doesn't matter very much because when you summon with Emiroon he will probably get summoned right into the heat of the battle where he can start attacking with that five range. Plus his staff works with ALL elves you control not just elf wizards. Overall I think that Arkmer will be played a lot in my elf armies.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

I actually think Arkmer is a better deal, point for point, than this guy.

Attack: Chardris can exceed Arkmer only if 3 elf wizards are nearby and there is no height, glyph, taelord, or any other attack modifier. Otherwise Arkmer will have a better attack. Chardris has a special attack, true, but Jordawn will probably be nearby either way anyway. So Chardris might be slightly better here but I'm not even sure of that due to the restrictions involved in setting up the conditions for his attack (using Emirroon to help out, for example, reduces the number of order markers you can use for extra attacks). Arkmer's attack is easier to use, more efficient per order marker (meaning he's more likely to get in more attacks per round average)

Defense: Chardris has twice as much life, but Arkmer can have a much higher defense. Since Arkmer's defense is conditional, and might waste order markers to keep in effect, and the consensus tends to be that higher life is usually better than higher defense, Chardris is probably a little better here, but does this make him worth twice as much? I'm not certain that it does.

Note also for the adjacent effects that while Chardris requires his allies to be elf wizards, Arkmer only needs them to be elves of any sort, so he has more flexibility in terms of setting up his group special ability.

Arkmer is a great, great, buy at only 50 points. Chardris looks better overall but doesn't appear to be all that much better for almost twice as many points, but I won't know for certain until I get to play with him.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gamjuven and Rifier Ace, I don't see any reason at all to use Arkmer (this post is not meant to sound condencsing, so sorry if it does). First, without Emiroon, Arkmer is TERRIBLE. You have to use 2 order markers just to move a squad of elves and Arkmer 5 spaces, and if you use the WoA as your elven bodyguards, pretty much every ranged unit in existence beats you since Arkmer sports an unimpressive 5 range. Really, the thing that kills Arkmer is the fact he sports five range but has to remain trenched in one place. The difference between him and the Stingers is that the Stingers are best when they can charge. They aren't hampered by anything that would require them to stay still. Arkmer, however, has a defense that is terrible in every way, shape, and form if he isn't entrenched, and if he is trenched, you're going to have trouble hitting any ranged unit not named a Stinger with him. If you use the Aubriens as your bodyguards, you might as well not have Arkmer because they have the better range.
But what about if you HAVE Uglinesh? Then you really have no reason to use Arkmer, because Chardis and Johrdawn buffed by Kyntella equals two 6 life 3 defense slaughterhouses that can move on a whim due to the fact that the Elf Wizards that buff them can be within 3 spaces. If you replaced Chardis with Arkmer, you'd have to remove him from his trench to attack anything due to his 5 range, losing his defense buffs and thus being fodder. At least Zetacron makes a DECENT back up hero killer - Arkmer has literally no chance of surviving anything most heroes can throw at him.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM

Myrkridia Giant knows what's in an order marker Myrkridia Giant knows what's in an order marker

I am loving this. Since the elf wizards rely so much on other elf wizards to stay powerful this is exactly what I wanted to see!

In my proxy games the elf wizards almost always had height for +1 defense and Kyntela for +1 more giving most of them 4 defense. With Jorhdawn, Arkmer, and Chardis your opponent will have to shut down TWO wizards before the wizards lose their double ranged attack. Without Chardis they could shut you down by just killing one.

I think a special attack of 5 at range 6 (followed by a special cluster attack of 4 at ranged 7) coming from units with a defense of 4 and decent life COULD even be competitive.

It's like heroscape just keep evolving in new and exciting ways! I won't be surprised if this becomes my favorite wave yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units