Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 18th, 2021, 03:09 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Amarant's Customs [Warhammer Quest + More] (Updated 2/18

Added King Yowie to the HeroClix customs section.

Old April 16th, 2021, 04:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Alexandros's Customs [Warhammer + More] (Updated 2/18)

I recall seeing the King on discord a while back.

I think you have some good themes of intimidation and rage on this guy. The life almost seems kinda low for the gains on that sculpt but I understand that numbers need to be reigned in for balance and not biceps lol.

He can definitely smack down a threat with his 10 dice after getting angry and threat display acts as a nice support ability for whatever you are running. He will definitely be potent in a late game scenario with his anger markers where he can just say no to kiting once or twice. Really good themes for a beast-king I think he fits in alongside the quasatch hunters even without any hard synergy between them.
Old April 27th, 2021, 10:16 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Stopping in for another round of feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Adversaries
Horrors of Tzeentch
Spoiler Alert!

Skaven Deathrunner
Spoiler Alert!

Skaven Deathrunner
Spoiler Alert!

Tzaangors
Spoiler Alert!

Grot Scutlings
Spoiler Alert!

Gaunt Summoner
Spoiler Alert!
Horrors of Tzeentch
I really like the splitting concept here. The power names leave a bit to be desired, I think, in that each "Horrors of Tzeentch" power is actually distinct from the rest (the Pink and Blue Horror Splits are also different despite the same name). An easy fix could be to name them "Greater Horrors of Tzeentch," "Horrors of Tzeentch," and "Lesser Horrors of Tzeentch," for example, which would also make the power hierarchy easy to immediately parse. A good example could be the Wildwoods from C3V--they have a similar ordered structure of different army cards, but the stats and names insinuate this to make it more immediately apparent. The decreasing sizes here help, but perhaps some more evocative names could make that aspect even stronger.

I think that it's also worth mentioning that the Blue and Brimstone Horrors shouldn't start on the battlefield normally, akin to some other units like the Airborne Elite or Retchets of Bogdan with special placement rules.

I'm also curious as to how these guys play. On paper, 180 points for the full set seems a bit expensive for what they bring to the table and their frailty, but they should be relatively easy to develop thanks to spawning more figures where they die, and armies with few attacks per OM will struggle to kill more than will spawn. They'd be pretty cool as a dungeon crawl enemy, and it's a really fun concept either way.

Skaven Deathrunner
I like the illusionary twin concept here, but the mechanics are a bit unclear from the card to me. Is the additional figure always tracked separately from the first one, and if so, is it intended to be able to be placed adjacent to the original Skaven Deathrunner even when it was already on the battlefield? As currently worded, I think that's how it would work, but it seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

Thematically, it feels a bit weird to me that wounding either Deathrunner will still wound the hero (and if the "illusion" is killed, then the actual Deathrunner is also healed), but sharing Unique figures like this is a neat idea. It might be possible to achieve a similar effect with a Unique Squad and some Markers to represent wounds, too.

Tzaangors
I don't have much to say on this one. It's a solid design; they're tough but capable of dealing a lot of damage in the right situation. Perhaps renaming the power to "Greatblade Assault" to better reflect the structure of Whirlwind/Shaolin/Master's Assault would be a good idea to immediately portray the mechanics to people familiar with those figures.

Grot Scutlings
These guys probably aren't too strong, but it's worth noting that they're the cheapest price-per-figure unit in the game, since you get four of them for just 30 points. Web Em Up is just a nice bonus to their stats for that price, and their real strength is probably just in sheer numbers, especially if there isn't a starting zone hex limit.

It's also worth noting that I would very rarely consider taking the Stabba Grots over the Huntin Grots. +4 range will often let them grab height to still get two attack, and the added flexibility is probably worth losing out on one attack die since it gives them a lot of utility in being able to bypass nasty stuff like Samurai or the Quorik Warwitch.

Gaunt Summoner
This guy's pretty terrifying against heroes between Warptongue Blade and his Book of Profane Secrets SA. Replacing Minions of Utgar is a strong utility given their price and defensive durability, but potentially restarting another Horror infestation is another big use here (and it definitely puts their 180 points into a new light... Although I'd argue that the cost for that synergy should be represented on this card anyway, which it seems to be for his 180 points).

I think that Warptongue Blade is already really frightening even without the added +2 to the D20 for each wound on the opposing hero, for what it's worth. Even if it's just a 30% chance to trigger, that's pretty terrifying to add on to a 6 range SA with 4 dice on a flying figure, and the Summoner is probably a pretty effective hero assassin.

This does make me wonder about whether the Horrors' Split is intended to work again with the revival. If so, then I'm not sure why a player would choose not to revive the Pink Horror, unless all of them have been revived already.

Once again, nice work on these guys. I think that the horrors are a really cool concept, and they look like a fun and terrifying force to go up against.
Old August 8th, 2021, 01:20 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's been some time!

Added Enclave Hellfire Team to the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare customs section.
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:50 PM

A lot of my old stuff needs cleaned up but I've been kicking this idea around. Would love feedback on syntax and pricing.

Quote:
Guerilla Fighter
Primadon
Uncommon Hero
Fighter
Tricky

4 Life
5 Move
6 Range
4 Attack
3 Defense

TACTICAL ADVANTAGE
After attacking with a Guerilla Fighter, you may move that Guerilla Fighter up to three spaces as long as he ends in a space:
-Of a higher level than the space he previously occupied, or
-That is adjacent to an obstacle or destructible object, or
-That is a shadow tile.

TOGETHER STRONG
After taking a turn with a Guerilla Fighter, for each skull that Guerilla Fighter rolled while attacking this turn, you may move a Primadon who did not attack this turn up to two spaces. A Primadon may only be moved by TOGETHER STRONG once per turn.

Last edited by Alexandros; August 13th, 2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:53 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

oh yes!

Lots of fun stuff going on here. The conditional moving for tactical advantage is quite interesting. I understand the flow chart, might have to chew on the idea if there is any better wording. I'm guessing that the obstacle call out is to get them adjacent to jungle terrain for the +1 defense. Overall I like the idea that they fight and then retreat to a better position.

I think i'd start these guys at 80 to see how good their movement abilities are in theory. Uncommon heroes having this much to offer is really great.
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
oh yes!

Lots of fun stuff going on here. The conditional moving for tactical advantage is quite interesting. I understand the flow chart, might have to chew on the idea if there is any better wording. I'm guessing that the obstacle call out is to get them adjacent to jungle terrain for the +1 defense. Overall I like the idea that they fight and then retreat to a better position.

I think i'd start these guys at 80 to see how good their movement abilities are in theory. Uncommon heroes having this much to offer is really great.
Thank you for the feedback. I agree that it's kind of a flowchart. I think the wording isn't smooth, but the gameplay feels like it might be. I suppose the only way to tell is to get it on a board and try it. Maybe 85 is an okay place to start?
Old August 12th, 2022, 05:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

TACTICAL ADVANTAGE is a neat idea! It does suffer from the problem the Kozuke Samurai have; powers that are dependent on a condition that can't be resolved until after the power has been used. It's a thorny rules hole. For various reasons people usually suggest imitating the exact wording of the Kozuke Samurai as much as possible on such powers. I usually suggest just avoiding them outright, for instance by just making it a single space onto a qualifying hex that can be up to X spaces higher.

Presumably you mean for it to be a hex that meets any of the three conditions, and not all three of them? Might want to clarify that as well.

TOGETHER STRONG is a really cool idea.

Why so much attack?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 13th, 2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
TACTICAL ADVANTAGE is a neat idea! It does suffer from the problem the Kozuke Samurai have; powers that are dependent on a condition that can't be resolved until after the power has been used. It's a thorny rules hole. For various reasons people usually suggest imitating the exact wording of the Kozuke Samurai as much as possible on such powers. I usually suggest just avoiding them outright, for instance by just making it a single space onto a qualifying hex that can be up to X spaces higher.

Presumably you mean for it to be a hex that meets any of the three conditions, and not all three of them? Might want to clarify that as well.

TOGETHER STRONG is a really cool idea.

Why so much attack?
Good call on the conditions - it's definitely supposed to be an or effect.

Re: the attack thing- it just didn't seem like you'd want to use an OM on him if he only has 3 attack and he only attacks once. I know this is a little high for most Primadons, but VC got away with 5 attack Gorillatroopers so I figure I'll try it this way and see. If it ends up too high, we'll address.
Old August 13th, 2022, 11:49 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Lowering the attack value lets you lower his point value as well and makes him easier to fit into gorillinator armies. But you're right; why make a single attack of 3 to get some variable bonus movement when you could just activate the gorillinators and get 3 attacks?

Even with 4 attack you can probably go closer to 80 points to start playtesting.

--
--
--

--
Old August 14th, 2022, 01:35 AM

Re: Alexandros's Customs (Updated 2/18)

Another weird one. Working at a larger theme- will probably update the first post once I have a few I'm more comfortable with.

Yakeera Hunter
Yakeera
Uncommon Hero
Predator
Disciplined

5 Life
7 Move
6 Range
3 Attack
4 Defense

ACTIVE CAMOFLAUGE
As long as there are no wound markers on this Hunter's card, while occupying a non-water space, this Hunter cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

PRECISION TARGETING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4, Attack 4
A figure defending against Precision Targeting may not roll more dice than it's printed Defense number.

FOR THE HONOR OF THE TRIBE
The first time Hunter destroys an opposing figure with a normal attack each turn, he may attack again.

Points: 105? Worried about Fyorlag bonding. Doesn't fly or drag people around like Wyvern does but does seem fairly versatile. Still probably not a better bonding option than something like Quahon, though.

Old August 15th, 2022, 02:37 PM

Lots of questions from me on this design; don't take them personally.

Nothing about this figure says "range," "4 defense," or even necessarily "5 life" to me. Why those design decisions? What's the story you're telling with the "Disciplined" personality? I like Active Camoflauge; why do wound markers disable it, though? I don't think the name of "For the Honor of the Tribe" really ties to the mechanics of the power.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards