Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 5th, 2018, 08:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

The name Lewis doesn't ring any bells for me but I only pay so much attention to what the Redskins are doing. So he's hurt too, just a rash of bad luck then. I would not have expected to see Colt go down as well.

Mark's first play was pretty incredible, too bad he had little to do with it. Was shocked to see the final stat line for AP had him not breaking 100 yards after picking up 90 in one run. That drive of Mark's to end the half looked promising, he made several completions, but it looks like that was just because it was the 2 min drill/prevent defense combo as he didn't do much in the second half. Maybe with another week of practice, this time with the first team, Mark will be able to give them a little something to be hopeful about. The Redskins schedule isn't too difficult, unlike the Eagles who have to play the Cowboys/Rams/Texans.
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Washington just signed a guy to QB who hasn't thrown an NFL pass since 2011. Their starter is Mark Sanchez. This team is 1 game out of the playoffs. This is a team that also just signed a player with multiple domestic violence allegations.

The league's handling of these matters is shameful.
Do you buy this?
There is no system where Sanchez is a better choice than Kaep, to say nothing of the new guy. 2011!

Last edited by dok; December 5th, 2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I've posted EXTENSIVELY on how the "can't play in the pocket" stuff about Kaep is BS.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I got nuthin' to explain the Redskins. Vile organization, just as the Cowboys are vile for signing Greg Hardy after his conviction (among other, similar things), and the Bengals are vile for pretty much everything they do in the front office.
This is a different, distinct flavor of vile. The contrast of the willingness to sign an abuser, with the insistence on throwing away a potential playoff berth before signing someone who protested peacefully, is jarring, to say the least.

While I won't exactly say the franchise is dear to my heart, any more, I grew up rooting for them. At some point, I had to acknowledge many things about the team, past and present, that are loathsome. At least the period when I was there cheering for them, in addition to containing their three championships, is roughly the least shameful period of the franchise's history.

Quote:
I liked this thread more when it was Lions fans trading sob stories with whoever would listen. Now it's basically Colin Kaepernick talk, every time it shows up in my feed. People prodding dok, or dok prodding people, or people responding to being prodded. Oh well.
The NFL colluding in plain sight is a notable thing. Teams in back-to-back seasons (Packers last year, Washington this year) throwing away viable playoff runs because they went with an incompetent QB when a superior option was available, is a notable thing.

I liked this thread better when you didn't whine about posts on this subject. Oh well.

Would you prefer we discussed Flacco versus Jackson? I'll give you two guesses of what I would do.

Quote:
Yodaking, it looks to me like they basically had two quarterbacks - Lewis and McCoy - at the start of the season, and now they're both broken.
You mean Smith, not Lewis.

Last edited by dok; December 7th, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Right, right. Smith. Thank you.

Surely, dok, as important as this is to you, you must sometimes wish for a conversation about football again.

I think Flacco gives a better chance to win. But it's close. And Jackson is more fun to watch.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 5th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I saw this thread had new posts and I was going to drop a joke post about Kaep but ... yeah ... I mean, just give the guy his own thread. I'll be right back to unsubscribing since I don't have anything more to say about Kaepernick and that's the only topic in this thread. Carry on, gents.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What everyone here should be doing is offering my 49ers some sympathy. At various points in the season we have been minus our #s 1&2 QBs, WRs, RBs, Safeties, and a couple of LBs. Man I was hoping for some magic this year...

Happy for the Rams fans, the Saints fans, the Chargers fans, and the KC fans. Would love for that to be the final four this year. All very deserving teams.

~Aldin, there's always next year-ly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't think I've seen a 49ers game in a long time. They just aren't on when I'm watching, which I guess makes sense. They haven't been doing well so they don't get the prime time games.

Always next year, Aldin, as you say.

= =
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:42 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’m curious as to why you guys feel that being a ‘domestic abuser’ disqualifies someone from holding a job in the nfl?

-Raider30
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I don't think I've seen a 49ers game in a long time. They just aren't on when I'm watching, which I guess makes sense. They haven't been doing well so they don't get the prime time games.

Always next year, Aldin, as you say.
It's worse than you think. They were supposed to be amazing this year with Jimmy G and McKinnon so they had several prime time games on the schedule... and have been flexed out of them. May I have the benefit of the world's smallest violin playing for my misery?

~Aldin, who should be rooting for the 'still in it' Titans

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

You got it, Aldin. I think most of my other friends here are having years that are ok or better, compared to expectations. So we can play the small violin for you and the 49ers.

= =
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
I’m curious as to why you guys feel that being a ‘domestic abuser’ disqualifies someone from holding a job in the nfl?

-Raider30
Because they are entertainers and I don't want to pay a domestic abuser to entertain me.

I'm actually pretty upset about the Foster situation. I really believed that he hadn't done anything in the incident last year, and his acquittal seemed at the time to justify that belief. Seeing the new accusations and the girlfriend saying she lied when she recanted I just find I don't believe him any more. So I was cheering on a guy who was hurting women. I am so not okay with that.

And playing amateur psychologist here, even if the answer is for an abuser to seek treatment I struggle to believe that engaging in a highly aggressive daily activity is conducive to healing. So even if I wanted redemption instead of punishment, I wouldn't want them in competitive sports.

~Aldin, unhappily

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post

-Raider30
One of the things I love about Joe Flacco is that he's been deeply involved in Baltimore-area charities since before his rookie season even started. He is unbelievably kind and thoughtful in his treatment of fans - I know from firsthand experience - and he almost never has an unkind word about anybody.

That kind of thing matters to me.

Conversely, others - Foster, Greg Hardy, and others I've discussed here - disgust me. As Aldin said, it's entertainment. It's gross enough when it's someone else's team; I'm glad that Aldin's team cut ties with Foster, for Aldin's sake.

"Disqualified"? They aren't disqualified. They're allowed to have those jobs. And I'm allowed to think it's disgraceful. I wouldn't want a man who regularly beats his wife in the office next to mine, and I wouldn't (knowingly) root for one on the football field. It's my prerogative, and it's my entertainment.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV