Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 10th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
For double-sided cards, I personally dont use this method : I print both front and back sides on the same page (If possible, side by side) and then I stick them together. The best configuration is if you can put them side by side and only need to folder the page to get them together (+ add some glue or scotch tape or whatever you want to old the whole thing together).

I you want to keep trying a both-sides printing, I recommend going through a software like Word and place your card image on the correct size and place on this page. This way you should get both images on the same place.
I recommend doing the tests with an image like this one to see if it matches. So that you don't loose to much ink, and can do multiple tests on the same draft page.
Yeah Word was what I was going to try next.
I purchased card stock and don't plan to glue

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 19th, 2017, 11:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey, what might be a very silly question - where can I get darker Valkrill template? Closet to what C3V uses than what's built in.
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Confred & @DanieLoche - To print MSE exports 3/page, see Combine any 3 cards 3/page with GIMP Script-Fu, and make the margins 60 in the prompt. Flipping pages for backs can be tricky, however, as not all printers (and even print drivers) are aligned properly.
@Pumpkin_King - see @robbdaman 's Valkrill Template and/or @mac122 's Valkrill Hi-Res Blank for MSE

What I really want is SotM and RotV style High-Res (300 dpi) templates, so my CUC/CUA cards look better.
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Confred & @DanieLoche - To print MSE exports 3/page, see Combine any 3 cards 3/page with GIMP Script-Fu, and make the margins 60 in the prompt. Flipping pages for backs can be tricky, however, as not all printers (and even print drivers) are aligned properly.

@Pumpkin_King - see @robbdaman 's Valkrill Template and/or @mac122 's Valkrill Hi-Res Blank for MSE

What I really want is SotM and RotV style High-Res (300 dpi) templates, so my CUC/CUA cards look better.
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:10 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Thanks! I was messing around with blanks last night, I'll have to get that one to work. The darker one looks much better.
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

The Valkrill's template I updated for the High-res asset is exactly the same, but adding the nice effects at the bottom of the image zone (see link in my previous post).

I though about the same thing lefton4ya for the basic and vine blanks in high-res. But I absolutely don't know how it would be possible... High-res scans and photoshop ..?
When using basic/vine army card images to put into MSE High-res templates, I can recommend you to enable the "custom size" setting on the MSE image insertion window. Consequently, you can compress a little the weight of the images (~90%) to hide better the appearing frames. Here are some examples : (Cyprien), (Marcu),
(Jotun - not perfect).

I used printing with the "old" windows' Paint UI, and got all my army cards printed perfectly (3/pages). But since 2-3 years ago, they went to the current general Printing driver that is really really bad (like you can't print something a it's actual size, but is forced to print a predefined sizes that fits the page... ARHHH). Hopefully, IMO my collection is complete thus I don't need to print any new army card ahah... But thanks for remembering this link, might be useful for others who don't know about it.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:18 PM

Hmmmm. I'm having trouble using either of those. The hi-res one doesn't seem to want to work, and the smaller one doesn't have the proper text on it to work with MSE.
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:39 PM

Alright, I figured something out! One more question - how do you change the color of text? The points and word "points" in MSE on Valkrill is black, and it doesn't show up very well on the darker cards. Can I make that white?
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Alright, I figured something out! One more question - how do you change the color of text? The points and word "points" in MSE on Valkrill is black, and it doesn't show up very well on the darker cards. Can I make that white?
The word "points" is likely on the card blank in that color. You can change the color of the font for the number of points by editing the style file for the set you are using. Open the file in a text editor, like Notepad, and look for a section of code titled "init script:" . A few lines below that you should see something like this: else if to_lower(input) = "valkrill" then rgb(#,#,#) where the #'s represent the RGB color values. Change those numbers to 255,255,255 to get white font.

If you can tell me which MSE card set you are using, I might be able to edit a card blank to change the font on "points" to white.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:38 PM

Oops! I can edit the "points" logo, I realized after I posted that the word "points" was on the card image itself. Editing the style document will help though! Thank you!
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:44 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Anyone wanna help an Old Fart figure out how to use this? I am stuck trying to Export the patch to Magic Set Editor 2. I frankly, don't have the know how on how to do this. I'd love to be able to do use this program, but just getting to the point that it shows the Heroscape card would be nice! Please help! Both files are downloaded to my computer, just need to figure out how to get the templates into the MSE.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Anyone wanna help an Old Fart figure out how to use this? I am stuck trying to Export the patch to Magic Set Editor 2. I frankly, don't have the know how on how to do this. I'd love to be able to do use this program, but just getting to the point that it shows the Heroscape card would be nice! Please help! Both files are downloaded to my computer, just need to figure out how to get the templates into the MSE.
I'll give it a shot. You've downloaded the files. Have you run the install program? If so, you should have a folder called Magic Set Editor 2 where you told the program to install. Inside this folder you should see the program, mse.exe, and at least one folder titled data (there will be some other files, too). This is the folder the program will look in to get the style files, card backs, etc to build your cards. Once you extract the files from the patch, you should see several folders named something like this: heroscape-basicrotv.mse-style. Copy all these folders into the data folder. When you start the program, and select New set, you should now see several options to choose from.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software