Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 8th, 2014, 06:29 PM

ScottyZ is surprisingly tart
Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

How about a sneak peek at the kickstarter pledge levels.

My custom Units and Terrain (coming soon).
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:02 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, looks great!
I have to admit that years of diligent eBay/craigslist/classified scouring have given me an "adequate" collection of classic terrain. Never quite enough, but "adequate" enough that my wife sighs with disgust frequently and insisted on placing 'scape boxes out of sight so she doesn't have to look at the logo.
Anyway.
I'll probably have to pledge at least a little, but any official VC endorsement of a given set would make it an insta-buy for four copies. HoSS too, now that I think of it...

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old August 9th, 2014, 12:20 AM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker

Just saw this on Instagram -http://instagram.com/p/rba3vBkDGY/
Ice caves? Not just ice terrain, not even just nice terrain - ICE CAVES!

I'm just sayin', isn't it time someone posted this on the front page? I know there's probably a rule about promoting something or whatever, but this feels like the biggest thing we've had to get excited about in a long time.

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old August 10th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

That does look awesome. But those don't look like Scape tiles. I had boxes of proper sized Scape tiles laser cut from all types of acrylic a while back. 3D printing is still very expensive and my friend that has a laser cutter said it took HOURS AND HOURS to cut the tiles we made. Injection molding on a large commercial scale is the only way right now to keep end costs down.

I plan on buying my own 3D printer here soon and if raw materials (spools of plastic) get cheaper, I'll be willing to print some of this stuff out for sure.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old August 10th, 2014, 11:16 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
That does look awesome. But those don't look like Scape tiles. I had boxes of proper sized Scape tiles laser cut from all types of acrylic a while back. 3D printing is still very expensive and my friend that has a laser cutter said it took HOURS AND HOURS to cut the tiles we made. Injection molding on a large commercial scale is the only way right now to keep end costs down.
That's their plan, the 3D-printed hexes are prototypes only. The line will be injection-molded plastic.
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Brease is surprisingly tart

We are live on Kickstarter now. Thanks for your support!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-terrain-tiles
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, pretty pricey unless I am missing something. Nice though.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Doesn't seem all that spendy to me.

I think it's important to remember that Heroscape is out of print. Also, if your FLAGS sells stuff like resin molded terrain, look at those prices. I won't go so far as to say this is a bargain but it's within the grasp of mortals.

Old August 11th, 2014, 01:05 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good luck. Too rich for me when I only want a few things not an entire set.
Old August 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll be surprised if it meets that $150,000 goal. The wood based gaming terrain kickstarters I backed did not clear $100,000. Especially when those who are not interested in the base $70 set can't order any of the add-on sets. I went from a potential backer interested in the Ewok village, the Forrest Set, the Dock (but not the water), that Giant Flower, and a few other single hex items to not a backer at all. That Chasm Mat is really cool too, I certainly would have at least bought that if nothing else.
Old August 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM

Perhaps more backing options would make the offer more attractive.

Old August 11th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Good luck. Too rich for me when I only want a few things not an entire set.
That's pretty much where I'm at. I've got plenty of regular terrain and it doesn't look like this will work side-by-side with Scape tiles, unless you leave a gap like the Chasm mat was designed for. I'll still consider backing it if the treehouse/bridge set isn't too much extra.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion