Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: War Horse of Troy -- MegaSilver's Customs

Glad to see you got him back into the SoV queue.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

I think this is a beautiful idea.

We have been doing something similar for a long time, and it has really given us different strategic options as well as making the game more interesting.

We did not give disengage as a standard power.
We differentiated by having "transport horses", usually just for moving figures and equipment, and "war horses" which were used in combat- and a trained war horse could contribute to the combat.
We also have some mage horses, which are specifically designed to carry magic users and augment their abilities.

We have recently updated our Falloff rules. Originally every figure (except expert horsemen) were stunned for one turn or wounded, depending on the 20d when their horse went down. We have kept those two conditions but added in a "no damage" as well.

Long ago Chas suggested a "Racer" special ability that we are very fond of- it gives +2D to unengaged mounts from ranged attack.

Once we had horses we started having them haul equipment because in our game we sometimes use cannons, mortars and lately wagons. We're just making chariots now.

For us it was important that the figures were actually on the horses, but finding minis that could carrying anyone was rather impossible. We ended up making our own out of wood. They aren't the prettiest thing, but they can carry small and medium figures (and of course the Templar horses can carry two figures)
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

When I first saw the name of this thread, I thought someone came up with a Heroscape version of the historical/mythological Trojan Horse. I imagined it would be Huge, and carry at least 4 figures.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
When I first saw the name of this thread, I thought someone came up with a Heroscape version of the historical/mythological Trojan Horse. I imagined it would be Huge, and carry at least 4 figures.

That would be quite epic, but a little weird for a custom.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

If a suitable mini exists, I would love to create a Trojan Horse custom. Breaking into a castle via giant wooden horse- awesome.

I thought the same thing as Kolakoski, 4 months ago as well.
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, it's been a long time since I posted here. Maybe this time I'll create the stats for the card first before I post it so I won't have to update it so much.

Anyway, the long awaited Drudge Overlord:

KE-JAR-RA

Marro
Unique Hero
Overlord
Wild
Medium 4

Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

MARRO HUNTER DEFENSIVE ENHANCEMENT
All Marro Hunters you control add one to their defense dice.

SWAMP WATER TUNNEL
If Ke-Jar-Ra ends his normal movement on a swamp water space, you may immediately him on any empty same-level swamp water space within 5 spaces. If Ke-Jar-Ra is engaged when he starts to tunnel, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Ke-Jar-Ra attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Ke-Jar-Ra is a Marro Drudge Repaint.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Now, as a special treat, here is my take on the Armoc Warlord!

EDIT: This version is now outdated.

C3V/SoV pay attention.

ARMOC WARLORD

Viper
Unique Hero
Warlord
Relentless
Medium 4

Life: 3
Move: 7
Range: 1

VIPER DEFENSIVE ENHANCEMENT
All Vipers you control add one to their defense dice. Armoc Warlord is not affected by Viper Defensive Enhancement.

SCALE 2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Armoc Warlord may add 2 to her height.

SLITHER
Armoc Warlord does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces.

She is a Yuan-Ti Swiftscale from the DnD Starter set.

Backstory:

Wielding the sword and shield of Raptorian Supreme, Daenoterrix, the young Viper earned her rank after leading the Raptorian's assassination prior to the war.

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 7th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Armoc Warlord and Drudge Overlord -- MegaSilver's Custom

Viper Defense Enhancement is super powerful. Without a line of sight or aura clause, that becomes a really big deal. Is it too powerful on the Vipers? No. Is it too powerful for a 40 point figure? I would say yes. I like the idea of boosting their defense, but I think that the figure itself is too cheap. Nice choice of figure by the way.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Viper Defense Enhancement is super powerful. Without a line of sight or aura clause, that becomes a really big deal. Is it too powerful on the Vipers? No. Is it too powerful for a 40 point figure? I would say yes. I like the idea of boosting their defense, but I think that the figure itself is too cheap. Nice choice of figure by the way.
I want Armoc Warlord cheap so it's worth it to even play her in an army. At 80 points (my intial idea), It's not worth it to drop two squads of Vipers for that +1 defense that won't even come into play most of the time. That's why she is so weak (3 life and 3 defense.) I had considered making her even have 2 Life if need be, to keep her points down. Any more than 40-60 points, and she's not worth if for the Vipers.

Thanks for the comments still! Keep them coming.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This sounds really critical, but I feel the Armoc Warlord is really bland... VDE is boring. The bio has a lot of potential, but, like Taelord's, it leaves you scratching your head. There's nothing in the stats that justifies the cool sculpt, either. A shield and sword, with no benefit to defense or attack? An assassin with no first strike powers? Mittens fills the MDG roll for Vipers, so I think you need to Spartacus this gal up. "Shield Sling: When a Viper within 6 clear sight spaces of Armoc Warlord rolls defense dice, you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card to add one automatic shield to that roll." "Viper Leadership: If there is an unrevealed order marker on this card, all Vipers you control add 1 to their attack and defense." 120 points, 6 life, 4/3, Inspiring personality. Humbly yours, Shedim.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; November 15th, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Sparta, Sparti, Party, Parteh.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and criticism, Shedim. I've taken your idea into account, and redesigned her slightly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Now, as a special treat, here is my take on the Armoc Warlord!

C3V/SoV pay attention.

ARMOC WARLORD

Viper
Unique Hero
Warlord
Relentless
Medium 4

Life: 3
Move: 7
Range: 1

SWIFT STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Figures defending against Swift Strike Special Attack cannot roll any defense dice.

VIPER DEFENSIVE ENHANCEMENT
All Vipers you control add one to their defense dice. Armoc Warlord is not affected by Viper Defensive Enhancement.

SLITHER
Armoc Warlord does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces.

She is a Yuan-Ti Swiftscale from the DnD Starter set.

Backstory:

Wielding the sword and shield of Raptorian Supreme, Daenoterrix, the young Viper earned her rank after leading the Raptorian's assassination prior to the war.

As to the attack/defense dice issue, compare her to Venoc Warlord. She is much smaller than Venoc Warlord, and in fact the Vipers themselves. I would imagine that without the sword and shield, she would like as fragile as Kyntela Gwyn (2A/2D). With the sword and shield, I do see her getting a boost of +1A/+1D. So initially when you look at the card, it looks like she doesn't recieve any boosts, but compared to the other minis-wise she does get one.
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is she really that tiny? Depressing.

Swift Strike is interesting; good strategic question between using the regular attack and her special. Should it be Small and Medium? I'm neutral on the issue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards