Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old April 10th, 2020, 12:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: AOTV General Discussion - Pod 2 starting soon!

It's great to see people interested!

As a quick reminder, we're aiming for 5 public volunteers and 2 Pod Leaders for a total group size of 7 people. These people will essentially be leading four units from the Master Set, designing a vision for their powers and place in the box (naturally, it helps to be familiar with the other units in production so that you know what roles are missing and which are already being designed).

We also want pod members to be involved in playtesting the units when the time comes, because that's one of the big hurdles for getting stuff finalized. That's just something to keep in mind; we totally understand that sometimes life just gets in the way, especially with the current situation.

If a decent chunk of time passes and we're still short on volunteers for Pod 2, then we could start the pod early and let people join late if they want to (but we're going to wait a bit before doing that, because it really helps people feel involved and invested if they're helping to build the unit from the beginning).

I look forward to getting another pod going and more people involved. Good luck, everyone!
Old April 10th, 2020, 04:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Four down! Was that enough?

Edit: Ninja'd
Old April 10th, 2020, 05:29 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'm up for helping design a pod.
Old April 10th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Revisiting this is quite the blast from the past. Check out my How Would YOU article series.

I'm down for group thinking some conversions.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 10th, 2020, 08:01 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Excellent. I think long eared bat is still on the previous team, though.
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:02 PM

I think we need three more people?
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:36 PM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart

I'll volunteer for pod 2
Old April 14th, 2020, 10:04 PM

Wonderful!

Where are we at in terms of what we can do? Can we push any units right now?
Old April 15th, 2020, 12:32 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Wonderful!

Where are we at in terms of what we can do? Can we push any units right now?
Right now we are need of playtesting. IMO, the best units to really crank out will be Pyria, Tetsuo, and Ozuul. If we can get some more testing in with the 3 glyphs, that would be awesome too.

Regarding Pyria’s testing:
A few more Death Knights builds can’t hurt.
Kevindola (I think) felt that 6 range normal attack might be better fitting. I’d say we give a couple games with that range (with or without DKs).

Tetsuo:
I feel he needs a bunch more testing done. Maybe try Laglor builds?
At least a few more games on lava maps as well. I’d like to see if he is unfun to play against.

Ozuul:
Big purple naturally demands at least a few swarms tests.
I’d also be willing to see how he performs against hero-podges, like the elf wizards.

Knowledge:
The glyph has been shown to be pretty weak in 1v1, but not to the point where I feel a redesign is neccesary. I think if we hold a “playtest tournement”, we will get a lot more information on this one.
Some more 3+ player games with this glyph will also be nice.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:34 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Whoops, we let this sit here for a bit longer than we needed to. Given that each pod consists of 5 public members and 2 Pod Leaders, here's a list of the first five people who expressed interest but aren't currently in a pod:

@Amarant
@Captain Stupendous
@Owlman
@Zetsubo
@Confred

@The Long eared bat and @Ketchupgeek , thanks for staying invested. In the interest of impartiality, I've limited the above list to the first 5 users who aren't currently in a different Pod. Now that we have a lot of public interest, though, hopefully we'll be able to keep cranking those units out and get another pod started before too long! I hope to keep seeing y'all around.

If anyone's not interested anymore, then please let us know. Otherwise, we're just about ready to start kicking things into gear. Normally at this point, we'd have a big public poll for which 4 units to include in the pod, but we've been thinking about restructuring that to a method that makes a little more sense.

What we're considering for setting up future pods is letting two Pod Leaders discuss the remaining units, pick a set of 4, and then ask for public volunteers. This will hopefully ensure that people get to work on their desired units, instead of volunteering and then having a big vote that might not go the way they want.

Now, it hardly seems fair to impose this change on anyone after they've signed up, so I wanted to run that by everyone here. If you have concerns or worries about this approach, please feel free to share them here (this is a general discussion thread, after all!).

If the Pod 2 volunteers would prefer to proceed as we did for Pod 1, with a big public vote for everyone's 4 favorite units, then we can keep that method for now. We're pretty flexible.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:27 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Whoops, we let this sit here for a bit longer than we needed to. Given that each pod consists of 5 public members and 2 Pod Leaders, here's a list of the first five people who expressed interest but aren't currently in a pod:

@Amarant
@Captain Stupendous
@Owlman
@Zetsubo
@Confred

@The Long eared bat and @Ketchupgeek , thanks for staying invested. In the interest of impartiality, I've limited the above list to the first 5 users who aren't currently in a different Pod. Now that we have a lot of public interest, though, hopefully we'll be able to keep cranking those units out and get another pod started before too long! I hope to keep seeing y'all around.

If anyone's not interested anymore, then please let us know. Otherwise, we're just about ready to start kicking things into gear. Normally at this point, we'd have a big public poll for which 4 units to include in the pod, but we've been thinking about restructuring that to a method that makes a little more sense.

What we're considering for setting up future pods is letting two Pod Leaders discuss the remaining units, pick a set of 4, and then ask for public volunteers. This will hopefully ensure that people get to work on their desired units, instead of volunteering and then having a big vote that might not go the way they want.

Now, it hardly seems fair to impose this change on anyone after they've signed up, so I wanted to run that by everyone here. If you have concerns or worries about this approach, please feel free to share them here (this is a general discussion thread, after all!).

If the Pod 2 volunteers would prefer to proceed as we did for Pod 1, with a big public vote for everyone's 4 favorite units, then we can keep that method for now. We're pretty flexible.
Could all the volunteers vote on the 4 figures to work on? "Sorin" *coughcough*... :P

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old April 23rd, 2020, 08:57 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am still interested, but I lead/mod several different groups already and do not wish to lead the pod people, but I will if need be.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs