Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old March 24th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: NEW CONTEST - The Spartan Scrolls

Yep, we’re just happy y’all are getting so involved! We’re excited to see what you have!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 30th, 2020, 04:50 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

So for some reason I thought the submissions for this contest were due April 1st and I needed to hurry haha, but it looks like I have another week. I've been at it a lot the past couple days, and the good news is I finished both of my maps and am very happy with them. They don't feel rushed, either, even though I was rushing to meet the imaginary deadline.

Here is my first submission, a jungle map called Sacrifice:

Sacrifice:

Download

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

It uses 2 random Power Glyphs, and requires 1 SotM and 1 TJ to make.

Backstory:
Spoiler Alert!

I've been trying to build this map for a long time. I wanted to have the raised hive in the middle and land beneath it like that on a map, but whenever I would go for a map with that placement I never came up with anything I liked. So with this contest starting up, I decided to take another stab at it and came up with something I really like.

The concept behind it is it's a sacrificial ritual area found in the Uncharted Swamp that the Marro use. The raised swamp with the hive is the main altar that's sacrificed to and there's four surrounding altars ranging in material (Rock, Grass, Sand) that are used in rituals. The six jungle trees and bushes circle the area and main altar. Glyphs are found between the two small altars on each side and in alignment with the hive.

My second submission is a 1 RotV + 1 TT map, and not the 1 RotV + 1 FotA map I was working on before (I couldn't work out the kinks for the build I had going, maybe I'll figure it out and post it in my thread after these two submissions). I'll post that one soon, I kinda want some time after posting this one before putting it up but I might just get antsy and post it tomorrow haha.
Old March 30th, 2020, 03:39 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's my first submission. It was pretty challenging working with 1 BftU and 1 expansion and retaining bilateral symmetry. It's not perfect, but has been through several revisions and lots of playtests. Someone also mentioned in a different forum that they weren't sure if the map qualifies for the contest since I've placed the fortress doorway on level zero. I can maybe fix that if necessary, but here I thought I was just cleverly conserving terrain. Without further ado:

Drider
Requires: 1 BftU and 1 FotA

Backstory: As you and your party struggle through the rough-hewn, labyrinthine passageways of the Underdark, the walls begin to open up, and just as you feel a prickle on your neck, your boot finds an uneven step. With an echoing crunch, you look down to see what appears to be the molted exoskeleton of some sort of giant black arachnid. You lift your torch to see a yawning cavern with smooth walls and stalagmites carved in the likeness of the drow queen, Lolth. ‘Drider territory!’ you croak to your party as they ready their weapons.

Thanks for doing this contest folks. I love seeing all the new maps!

Last edited by Ulysses; March 30th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old March 30th, 2020, 06:23 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Woot! That’s 4 submission now!! Keep me coming! This is exciting!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 30th, 2020, 11:25 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the submissions @Cleon and @Ulysses ! Excited to see both of your other submissions!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 31st, 2020, 04:53 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Version 2

Special thanks to Sir Heroscape for helping me out with the VirtualScaping, for my official submission, I present:

The Island of Nazibarr

"Though the centuries have past, the island of Nazibarr has always been shrouded in mystery, intrigue, and deadly secrets. Considered to be one of the most savage and treacherous places in all Valhalla, it has been said that not even the cruel and fearless Valkyrie warlord, Utgar himself, would dare set foot upon that cursed ground. Located along Valhalla’s southern coastline, where Anund and Kinsland meet, the lone island is home to the elusive and cultish race of beings known as the Kiri-Naga. Virtually nothing is known about these fierce and zealous warriors origin, except that they protect whatever mysterious enigma the island holds. What IS known, however, is that only one Kyrie for certain managed to survive an encounter with Nazibarr: Zanafor himself.

Though it has been nearly ten years since he was last sighted near upper Bleakewood, the legend says that he made a discovery…. one so vile, so dark, and so profoundly, supernaturally evil, that he vowed never to share the island’s secret with anyone, thus departing into exile.

Find Zanafor, and you will discover the origin of Nazibarr. But beware, young Kyrie...for nothing but death and destruction await you there..."

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 31st, 2020, 06:00 PM

Looks Great @Owlman ! Thanks for the submission! Now on to submission #2

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 31st, 2020, 06:26 PM

Just 8 Days left before the contest closes.

Remember that there's Custom ARV Dice to be had for the winner. Let's see some more submissions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 31st, 2020, 06:29 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Looks Great @Owlman ! Thanks for the submission! Now on to submission #2
*starts hyperventilating...*

LOL

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 31st, 2020, 08:33 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome entries so far. Remember, you can submit a previously created map - I have seen some awesome 1 expansion terrain + 1 master created the last couple of years.
Old April 1st, 2020, 09:11 PM

Herofly knows what's in an order marker Herofly knows what's in an order marker

Presenting my submission: Around the Bend
Sets: RotV, FotA

Bio: An ancient wellspring, a pair of scrolls each teasing of it's location, and two armies marching to the marked destination. Only fate knows what will be found around the bend.

I set out to make a dense, compact map so that everyone could get to the fun parts as quickly as possible. Enjoy

~Herofly.
Old April 1st, 2020, 09:37 PM

Great looking map! Thanks for the submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla