Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Dice tower, Dice box or plain ole shake and roll which do you perfer?
Dice tower 32 40.51%
Dice box 9 11.39%
Good Ole shake and roll 38 48.10%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2006, 02:56 AM

Country_Dragon has disabled reputation
Dice tower, Dice box or Good ole shake and roll?

I recently built a metal dice tower (thanks Velenne) and I like it but I sometimes miss the the ole shake and roll seeing as how with 13 years + of gaming thats what Ive done. Anyway what does everyone else use? I know there are other threads with dice tower relatd materials but I couldnt find a poll anywhere so here it is.

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:19 AM

Discussion is Appreciated and welcome.

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I used to roll them in some tupperware lids so that it was easy to call for rerolls (anything outside of the lid). Now, thanks to fuzzysadist's girlfriend and my prize at the Seattle tourney I have a cool dice tower to use.
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:31 AM

I used to roll them in a heroscape box. You know the colorful lil slide out box like came with RTTFF and such but I needed somthing that allowed for more room.

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Something I really like about the dice tower is the kids can't try to cheat the die rolls. Just drop a bunch in and they are a random result.
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:46 AM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
My good ol' shake n' roll rolls are legendary bad. I'm now proud owner of two VIXENTOR-GAMES dice towers. Test rolls are looking very good. I feel like I'm finally able to keep up with my opponent's dice rolls.
So I voted for towers of course!

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:41 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Never liked/used/trusted shake-and-roll, and dice pot is just plain boring

Use dice towers now, and will never look back! Proud owner (like DragonSlayer) of two Vixentor Dice Towers, and would fully recommend them to anyone out there! The clickety-clackety-clack noise that the dice make as they fall down the tower really adds something different to our games!
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This may not shock anyone, but I vastly prefer dice towers. The dice are controlled (to keep them from bouncing around everywhere and sending Drake into the lava pit) and the effect is guaranteed to be randomized. Oh, and I make them, being as I own VixenTor Games (thanks DS and Rob!)
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I bounce back and forth between all of these but prefer a dice tower,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't use a dice tower.
From here on out, I use a Dice Dungeon!
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:40 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dice Tower all the way.
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:07 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I don't use a dice tower.
From here on out, I use a Dice Dungeon!
Dice Dungeon? Pictures you have, yes?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion