Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Dominion.

I played my first game of this today and it was a lot of fun. I played it with my brother-in-law and his 2 kids ages 13 and 9 and they both picked it up within the first 3 rounds. I love that it has such a great replay ability aspect with only using 10 out of the 25 different supply cards at one time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I played this a couple of times recently, and I got it for Christmas from my Boardgamegeek Secret Santa. Great game!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fantastic game!! Played it for the first time at BGG.con and enjoyed it immensely!!

Newb.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:46 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Just got this for Christmas, and can't wait to get my first game in. I'm hoping tomorrow might just be that day. Crossing my fingers.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just don't forget that there is one of each card that is a "placeholder" card with a slightly different back (it has a blue stripe around the outside) which are not used in the game itself.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 28th, 2008, 06:39 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree, great game all around...my wife and I are having a blast with this one.
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:04 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll add my praises for the game. Got it for Christmas. Easy to learn, quick to teach, and lots of fun. I played with my son yesterday and he really enjoyed it, and that's saying something as I have a very hard time pulling him away from the video games. We actually played twice! He beat me the first game and I managed a victory in the second. It was fun watching him get into throwing down combinations of action cards with no coaching at all.

My wife likes card games so I am hoping to get her hooked. I haven't played yet with my youngest son, but it seems like he will be able to handle it.

Thanks for the tip about the place holder card. I knew that one of each of the kingdom cards needed to be left out of the game, but I hadn't noticed the variation on the back.

Last edited by jbbnbsmith; December 30th, 2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:58 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

In case anyone didn't know, there will be a new card available through BoardGameGeek.com. I'll try to remember to post a direct link once the Geek's back up.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/39707 - info page about the Envoy card

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/355947 - news thread

Environmentalists make great compost.

Last edited by ej; December 31st, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:20 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sure enough, my wife loves this game. It's nice to actually have her ask me if I want to play a game. I have no idea many games we've played so far, but we have been playing about 4 times a week, and each session will include at least 6 games. On a cost per number of plays basis, this was my best game purchase of all time!

The down side is that I have not yet been able to get her to try Agricola.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:46 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Sure enough, my wife loves this game. It's nice to actually have her ask me if I want to play a game. I have no idea many games we've played so far, but we have been playing about 4 times a week, and each session will include at least 6 games. On a cost per number of plays basis, this was my best game purchase of all time!

The down side is that I have not yet been able to get her to try Agricola.
Smart wife.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old March 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM

Did anyone else pre-order the new Dominion cards from BGG? They should hopefully arrive in the next week or two. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Oh, and EJ, my wife has now played Agricola and she likes it. I hope that does not negatively impact your opinion of her.
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:46 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I did, I am also looking forward to the expansion later in the Spring.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games