Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
PK's Super Customs. Updated 4/27

Update 4/27 with Lordi. Updated Metal Sonic and Tails doll.

Most of these aren't exactly super heroes, (though I plan to do a few) but they are super in terms of power and designed to work with Supers. Also, they have nifty GIMP-created cards.

CHAPTER ONE: LAMBDA

Wake up, Misssteer Freemannn. Wake up. My...employers are pleaaased...with your pro-gress, Misssteer Freemannn. I havve gotten severalll offers, all...temp-ting? This is quite posssssibly the....most challen-ging thing you have faced in...re-cent memmmmory, Missster Freeeemannnn...but don't fret. You will not go a...lone. You may find that yourrr...friendssss have joined you-in-this fight...Good luck, Missster Freemann...

Do not disssa-point me.

CHAPTER TWO: RAPTURE

I'm Andrew Ryan and I'm here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected these answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Rapture!

Chapter 3: Domination

Plastecine transfusion
Genetic leak, mass confusion
Bits of brain in a strainer
Rubber fetus in a container

Singularity is nearing
Reality engineering

I have become the man with a plan
With an army of toys and a mechanical band
Ruling the world making everything real
I’m Dr. Steel

With dials and switches and knobs and cogs churning away
I manufacture tomorrow to a Utopian Playland
Build a new army and rise
And when the saucers arrive they’ll get a big toy surprise
I’m Dr. Phineas Waldolf Steel and with my purpose revealed
I feel I could take over the world
I can’t believe I never saw it before
My destiny calls me and I open the door

Now that I’ve lost my mind
Leaving myself behind me
Throughout space and time I find
The alien illuminati

(I have become)
An abstract ideal
(I have begun)
To question what’s real
(I have become)
The one to reveal
(I have become)
The face of Enlil
(I have become)
And they shall all kneel
(I have become)
Before the great Dr. Steel
!

CHAPTER FOUR: CHAOS
No one knows where It came from.

Some say that It was created when Yuji Naka sold his soul to the devil in exchange for consistently good games by Sonic Team. Unfortunately, Naka's poorly-worded wish caused the downfall of the era of Sonic games, plunging him into a deep despair. In addition, when he created Sonic R, an avatar of Satan was created in the form of...It. After It was unleashed upon the world, Naka was powerless to stop it...and that finally drove him insane.

Some say that long ago, when Nintendo and Sega were console rivals, a group of Nintendo fans, wishing the downfall of Sega, got in over their heads. Tehy researched arcane rituals until they found a ceremony that would channel their rage and hatred into a physical form. And what better form than a twisted mockery of one of Sega's beloved characters, Miles "Tails" Prower? When the ritual was done, they sacrificed themselves, one by one, to the creature, in order to bring it to a state of being that was both perversion of life and an abomination to the world. Devouring the souls of these insane Nintendo fanboys, Its rage turned to the thing it was created to destroy; the Sonic franchise. Slowly but surely, it poisoned the minds of each member of Sonic Team until they were but his mindless, souless drones. From this...came Sonic 2006.

Others say that It has no such preplanned intentions. They say the date the final programming of Sonic R was completed...somehow...somehow that action, at that time...caused the universe itself to weep in fear and gnash its teeth. Out from the void a...horror came, and found a physical body in the form of the creature from the Sonic R game. It roams the world in senseless malice, killing everything It sees because it exists.

And still others say that It has always been here, in form or another. The ultimate expression of evil. No one knows why It took the form It did.

Whatever the reason, we know that It is here to stay...He Who Must Not Be Named...the Tails Doll...

And on a mostly-unrelated note, Metal Sonic.

CHAPTER FIVE: COMEDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
As Slapstick, Steve Harmon's body is made out of Electroplasm after exposure to an unknown alien device, which makes him indestructible. Any damage that he takes can be immediately shaken off, as he possesses superhuman durability and virtually unlimited physical malleability in the manner of an animated slapstick cartoon character. Slapstick also possesses superhuman agility and reflexes. It has been shown that the molecular bonds of the Electroplasm can be disrupted by a counter charge of a specific frequency of energy, reducing Slapstick to an immobile "puddle"; however, another energy charge can restore him to "normal".

In addition, Slapstick gets temporarily stronger when electrocuted. However, he must have a consistent feed of electricity to maintain this strength. Certain electrical fields destabilize his electroplasmic form, turning him into a sentient puddle.

Slapstick's gloves also possess alien technology. His left glove has a transformation inducer that allows him to transform to and from Slapstick to his normal Steve Harmon form. His right glove is a materializer that contains an extra-dimensionally sub-spacial storage pocket, which functions similar to cartoon hammerspace, and allows him to store items seemingly nowhere. He can access these items by making a special gesture with that hand, though to anyone observing it would appear he is pulling them out of thin air. He usually keeps a large cartoon-ish mallet in this space. Recent accounts have shown similar pockets in the pants of his costume. Objects stored in these pockets are apparently undetectable by conventional means; for example, Slapstick carried his New Warriors communicator, left forgotten in a pants pocket, into Camp Hammond without any of the base's security measures detecting it. Slapstick is an experienced practical joker, with a highly developed bizarre sense of humor.

It has been noted that Steve Harmon has no genitalia in his Slapstick form, much to his disappointment.

CHAPTER 5: AROCKALYPSE

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn Hard Rock Hallelujah
In God's creation supernatural high

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; April 27th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel-esque, Chapter One: Lambda

Gordon's price goes up heavily for the '*no object' portion of his gravity gun (unless you consider that you have to stand on a glyph to get it's effects). Before that, I would price him around 230-260. After that, I would price him at about 350.

Alyx strikes me as being at least 280 points. Having seven range, three attack and being able to climb ten spaces like it were nothing while using up only two moves is extremely game changing. Then there are all the benefits of having DOg in your army which are caused by Alex. Cover fire is nothing to sneeze at either.

As far as DOg goes, I would tone down his special attack a bit. Make it 4 attack instead of five. That makes it a lot more justifiable to use his normal attack from time to time. I think he is the most reasonable of the three, and would price him at about 220-250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Thanks for the feedback, guido. I meant to put a collary on Gordon's card that the glyph wouldn't count toward your team. With that, maybe 300 points?

I'll change DOg's special; for seems better.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Thanks for the feedback, guido. I meant to put a collary on Gordon's card that the glyph wouldn't count toward your team. With that, maybe 300 points?

I'll change DOg's special; for seems better.
In that case, 300 sounds reasonable. Of course, by no means am I a guru at point estimation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Re: Marvel-esque, Chapter Two: Rapture

Yeah, I'm not done with this quite yet. I updated the Half-Life cards and added a good friend of mine. To my knowledge, I'm the only one who has made a Big Daddy card.
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Re: Marvel-esque Customs, Chapter Three: Domination

http://worlddominationtoys.com/drsteel/enter.html

Old April 21st, 2009, 09:59 PM

Re: PK's Super Customs, Chapter Four: Chaos

Bump. Two new cards. As always, comments are welcome and appreciated.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM

Re: PK's Super Customs, Now With an Actual Superhero: Slapst

Yes, this is a real Marvel character.
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:49 AM

Re: PK's Super Customs, Now With an Actual Superhero: Slapst

I updated the Metal Sonic and Tails Doll cards because I realized I hadn't provided markers. I'm making a lot of card that use markers, and I need to shy away from that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations