Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
The only two sources for figures that I'm aware of (that are close in scale) are the Star Wars Epic Duels game, and the Star Wars Miniatures game. Both are expensive. I got Star Wars Epic Duels for 50 bucks on e-bay. I justified it b/c I was getting a complete game on its own, plus basically a Star Wars Master set for Heroscape (once I made all the cards myself...)

Then I purchased some of the cheaper Star Wars minis to fill out my set - I watched for sales on web pages, and I managed to get some boosters for really cheap at half price books, which got me a bunch of stormtroopers and battle droids to make squads out of.

For 50 bucks, at best, you can probably buy 5 of the main characters from the movies if you bought the Star Wars minis - but I've seen one figure cost as much as 30-60 bucks, depending on who it is.

I am continuing my work on my star wars customs and I think I'm going to start a new thread when I post them to open up discussion/criticism. I'll post on here when I do that...

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM

4525paintball has disabled reputation
holy crap. why are miniatures so expensive
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4525paintball
holy crap. why are miniatures so expensive
Supply and demand.

I just picked up the new Star Wars Miniatures starter set. For $15 I got a Darth Vader, an Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep 4 version -- i.e. old man) and a couple rebel troopers and stormtroopers.

The main SW characters can be a little pricey, but you can get stormtroopers, clone troopers, gamorreans, battle droid, rebel troopers, and other such figs pretty cheap on ebay.

There is a new 2-figure set called Rebels and Imperials ($4.99 MSRP) that most of the major retail chains are selling now. You get two random figs. There are some nice figs in there that are otherwise pretty expensive, but you are most likely to get just a couple stormtroopers.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:42 AM

4525paintball has disabled reputation
thanks for the tips
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM

ensignoftheunit has disabled reputation
Re: Star Wars Custom Figures

Been working on my first customs, hoping to play test them. I'll post the Star Wars ones here; hoping to get the Snowtrooper with E-web soon. Would really appreciate feedback on this one in particular; tried to balance it out

Old September 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

He actually seems too expensive. He doesn't need to be 200 points.

Yes, I know it has 9 range and 6 attack, but all it will take is one little troop of Marro Warriors to run in on it and destory it's 2 defense/2 life.

It's fragile. That's the problem. Definetely not an anti-squad card (although it could give Heroes a headache).

Go ahead and make it have higher defense, or make it cost far far cheaper.

It is a good concept though, you're definetely on to something.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM

rcbevco is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My first post ever! Been surfing for a while and finally have some thing to say.... I've been working on a conversion of epic proportions. It is in excel an will cover almost everthing. I plan on posting it next week. When I do I would like all of your input.

It is as much as possible a straight conversion. I have an 8 year old who loves SW and I want it to be accesable to him.

A few tweaks I'm planning to use.
1. Ad Hoc attachments A squad may "attach" other units to it (no more than 1 of each type.) This will allow for more figures to be in play without making turn length to long. These "attachments" are now considerd as part of that squad.
Eg. Storm Trooper Commander can be attached to a squad and give them the benefit of doule fire. A Spy/ Scout would give a targeting bonus. etc...
2. I am using force sensitivity.
3. I don not want 10 different Vader's. Just one that captures the essence of the big guy. Some Characters will have more than one like Luke, Palpatine, etc...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards