Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Are these cards poorly done or are they good quality?
Good Quality? 36 87.80%
Poorly Done? 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 21st, 2021, 11:35 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: William099's customs!! Back to classic!

Thanks Tornado. Turns out I can link my customs from Facebook without the annoying photobucket overlay. Gotta work on transferring my customs over to there. @Dragnaxx32 I know I promised to do that along time ago and didn’t get around to it. Idk if you’re still on the boards but I’ll be updating those pics soon!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:32 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sir Elam looks fantastic. Have you run many games with him?

I like that he supports with heals and a movement ability. Loyalty strike is an interesting name for the ability, definitely looks like something I'd associate with a Paladin.

Coward's reward is just icing on the cake but it probably is worthwhile considering how you can use his power to rotate into an engagement. He's going to be saving Raelin quite often lol.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 22nd, 2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:45 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just one game so far. He was going up against gladiators on one side and elf wizard pod on the other. Gladiators weren’t to bad but the wizards chewed him up.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 23rd, 2021, 02:26 AM
the above

Warcraft 3 customs updated No more pesky photobucket overlays on those at least

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 23rd, 2021, 10:47 PM
the above

And now that I’m all shiny and functional two new designs posted in the op

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 27th, 2021, 03:05 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like quite a few of the customs that you've come up with here. Here are some thoughts and suggestions on the most recent ones:
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Glaiphen is simple but interesting, and I really like the sculpt that you chose. Have you considered the Warlord class to allow for Armoc Viper Bonding? The Armocs at least get the Azurite Warlord through VC, but I feel like they could still use a little more variety. The main concern of course would be bonding with Romans, who might appreciate the Special Attack as well. I think that the cost is high enough that the Romans would probably still prefer their other options, though. The ranged nature of the heal makes it potentially quite good with the right setup, though the lack of range probably helps keep it in line right now from being too reliable to depend upon.

As a minor quibble, I feel like "Poison Fang" more closely matches Sujoah's "Poison Sting" as a power name, rather than the plural form on the card. It also makes sense thematically since despite holding two blades, only one attack is actually rolled for to determine whether it hits. I'm not sure if this was a typo or not, but I figured that it was worth mentioning.

Quote:
I feel like I saw in passing somewhere that this was intended to be Sonlen's dragon as an adult? That's pretty cool if so, though I feel like it's a bit weird to not retain the Dragon Swoop ability (even though it would probably have to be instead of attacking and increase the cost accordingly with its pseudo-range). I like Improved Dragon Healing as a callback to Sonlen, though. The range and lowered cutoff make it feel distinct from other healers, though the lack of offensive power will probably stop any slower strategies of healing up tanks from being reliable.

Aesthetically, I think that the card would look a bit better if Flying was the last power, rather than the first, since most players don't need to read Flying very often. I can't remember off the top of my head if this convention was flipped on one of the existing cards before, but it feels more "natural" to me to have Flying last.

Quote:
I like how Lay On Hands evokes Rhogar, the other Paladin. They're pretty similar overall, but each feels distinct (I'd probably rather have Loyalty Strike and A Coward's Reward over Dragon Breath SA in several cases, but Rhogar at least has +1 life for 20 points less).

I don't quite see the theme of Loyalty Strike, though. It might be that it's an ability from D&D that I don't recognize, but in general it feels like a more aggressive power than a "loyal" one, unless the idea is that he's protecting the engaged figure that he swapped out. I feel like a slightly different name might help it come across better, but I don't really have any better suggestions off the top of my head.
Old January 28th, 2021, 01:59 PM
the above

Spoiler Alert!

1.) I had not considered Warlord as he looks a little more like scout and not quite brutish enough to be a warlord. A suggestion had been made to go with Hunter and I rather like that suggestion. I assume your second comment was aimed at the dragon rather than the snake?

2.) You are correct that the dragon is supposed to be Sonlen's dragon at a larger stage in development. I choose not to keep dragon swoop because I always imagined mechanically that the dragon was swooping down from Sonlen's shoulder and then returning to its perch. Well he's too big to sit on anyone's shoulder now. I could see an argument that he's swooping from other heights now however.

3.) The name loyalty strike comes from exactly that thought. He's being loyal to the figure he is removing from combat by striking the enemy who threatened them. Thus the name Loyalty Strike. Its basically the bugbears barge into battle power but rethemed to more accurately match a paladin's motivation behind such a choice.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 28th, 2021, 02:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
1.) I had not considered Warlord as he looks a little more like scout and not quite brutish enough to be a warlord. A suggestion had been made to go with Hunter and I rather like that suggestion. I assume your second comment was aimed at the dragon rather than the snake?
Fair enough. Another suggestion could also be Scout for the Venoc Warlord synergy, but I think that Hunter would also work well.

And whoops, yeah, that healing comment was originally on Shawnstar. My computer had a minor panic attack when I refreshed the page, and I thought that sentence had gotten deleted in the update rather than simply moved.

Quote:
3.) The name loyalty strike comes from exactly that thought. He's being loyal to the figure he is removing from combat by striking the enemy who threatened them. Thus the name Loyalty Strike. Its basically the bugbears barge into battle power but rethemed to more accurately match a paladin's motivation behind such a choice.
I thought that might be the case because of A Coward's Reward, but I wasn't completely sure because the power still has the offensive aspect of Barge Into Battle by gaining extra movement to be able to attack the figure. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old January 29th, 2021, 01:51 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sir Elam is certainly my favorite, though I agree that Loyalty Strike seems like an odd name. With that shield and warhammer it looks like Elam is certainly a fan of Barging Into Battle albeit for the cause of good, and I don't think it's an inherently evil-sounding power (paladins are the epitome of righteous brawling and smashing after all). Nonetheless I think he's a great example of taking preexisting powers and mashing them together to make a new unique design.

~TAF

P.S. Also is there any meaning to his name being Male backwards? Is he super-manly?

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 29th, 2021, 02:08 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That Glaiphen looks sweet! What's the mini?
Old March 28th, 2022, 12:56 AM
the above

I’m happy to announce this thread is now permanently fixed and the images shouldn’t disappear again. I’ll be putting up some new content soon

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 28th, 2022, 01:47 AM
the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
That Glaiphen looks sweet! What's the mini?
Sorry I never answered this, it’s a Yuan-ti Champion of Zehir.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards