Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 15th, 2019, 05:38 PM

Ambientjoe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Castle STL set

Hi all I'm from the UK and heroscape items are a bit thin on the ground. Whenever they do pop up on eBay they're massively over priced.

My question is has anyone found any STL files of the castle set or found anything similar?

I've seen the list of STL files here (thank you everyone) and I've printed a few items off there. Also used thingiverse as well.
Check out some of my prints on my Instagram page

Thanks in advance

Joe
https://www.instagram.com/joeymcboom
Old September 17th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Castle STL set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambientjoe View Post
Hi all I'm from the UK and heroscape items are a bit thin on the ground. Whenever they do pop up on eBay they're massively over priced.

My question is has anyone found any STL files of the castle set or found anything similar?

I've seen the list of STL files here (thank you everyone) and I've printed a few items off there. Also used thingiverse as well.

Thanks in advance

Joe
I don't think anyone has done the castle pieces yet. The main pieces should be easy to model, since I have parametric models of the hexes already. The ladders are a bit more complex. I don't know how well they'll fit over such long attachment distances.

Give me a few days to look at the pieces and play with my models and see if I can make some workable pieces.
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Thumbs up Re: Castle STL set

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

Edit:
I'm currently trying to make my own. I've just finished a simple castle wall that'll take about an hour to print. My Ender 3 is currently busy so I'll have to wait to test it. If theyre good I''ll add them the thingierse

Thanks in advance

Joe
I don't think anyone has done the castle pieces yet. The main pieces should be easy to model, since I have parametric models of the hexes already. The ladders are a bit more complex. I don't know how well they'll fit over such long attachment distances.

Give me a few days to look at the pieces and play with my models and see if I can make some workable pieces.

You are a legend!
I've been thinking about making my own using Mesh Mixer and taking a few designs n mashing them together and see what happens.
I think I can easiy make the castle walls but getting a base terrain that is smooth amd simply extending it up to a certain hight, but that wouldnt have any detail on it unless I mesh mix'd something into them. Does mean I can make the hollow for a faster print at least.
I would be greatful for anything you design - or even if you could point me in the direction of education resources to try and make my own from scratch.

Last edited by Ambientjoe; September 19th, 2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edit
Old December 4th, 2019, 08:43 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I made these a long time ago for 3D map viewing, I'm quite sure they aren't accurate for printing and may even not be manyfold.

Anyways, I thought they might be useful as a start point for someone willing to make printable models.

Non accurate 3D pieces
Old December 5th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I made these a long time ago for 3D map viewing, I'm quite sure they aren't accurate for printing and may even not be manyfold.

Anyways, I thought they might be useful as a start point for someone willing to make printable models.

Non accurate 3D pieces
Wow thank you. I'm not used to .dae format. I'll see if I can view them in Cura.
Thanks
Old December 5th, 2019, 04:23 PM

I can confirm they open in Cura!
Thank you
Also they look great.

Just got to figure out which is the best way. 1 hour lying down 13 standing up... Go figure! AHA Thanks again
Old December 5th, 2019, 04:23 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Non accurate 3D pieces
Wow thank you. I'm not used to .dae format. I'll see if I can view them in Cura.
Thanks
I'm sorry, I haven't gotten any farther than recording measurements for the castle pieces. I just need to find time to sit down and model them.
Old December 5th, 2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Non accurate 3D pieces
Thanks
I'm sorry, I haven't gotten any farther than recording measurements for the castle pieces. I just need to find time to sit down and model them.
Dont worry, this guys shared his and I think theyll work well. Thank you anyway
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:19 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

What worries me are measurements. As I said I did this for viewing 3d maps in a map database, and I reckon I printed one of the regular 1hex tiles and it didn't fit game tiles.
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
What worries me are measurements. As I said I did this for viewing 3d maps in a map database, and I reckon I printed one of the regular 1hex tiles and it didn't fit game tiles.
I have hex models that fit pretty well. I'll try to get the models done by Christmas.
Old December 10th, 2019, 08:45 PM

I've printed your hexes without problem. I just tried one of my old ones to see if I had been able to take measures right, and they weren't totally accurate.

This was done several years ago, before I had access to a printer, so never tried to fix the files.
Old December 10th, 2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I've printed your hexes without problem. I just tried one of my old ones to see if I had been able to take measures right, and they weren't totally accurate.

This was done several years ago, before I had access to a printer, so never tried to fix the files.
I worked with a guy named Rico on Facebook to get them right. He had a more accurate printer than I had at the time. He would tell me what to tweak and I'd change the models.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles