Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation
Re: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 attendance/prizes plus

I just wanted to mention that an army swap tournament would keep my kids out of it. They had an awesome time...I expected one or the other would get bored and drop out, but neither did. But suddenly getting handed an army they don't understand and having to read all the cards would overwhelm them. It took my daughter about three games to get up to speed with her elf army. My son got up to speed more quickly with rats and Q9 because, well, they were rats and Q9, but also because he'd had a couple of games to practice with me before hand.
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Sgt, I'm sure we could easily make exceptions for the Juniorscapers to make it easier for them that no one would have a problem with. We have to keep it fun for everyone.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Okay, my computer-challenged self has finally gotten up my awful pictures and video to Youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJ7EYA0pJk. Had to open a new account since apparently you can't reset forgotten Youtube passwords?

Last edited by warriorneedsfoodbadly; October 29th, 2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:16 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Please vote on choosing a preferred date for a game day next month either in my apartment's clubhouse or at a different location.
Thanks,
wnfb
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...79#post1356779
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Well the date is getting closer, is it time to start talking about the 2011 Socal Slaughter? Looks like the date is set to be 10/15/11!!!

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread

Last edited by GamerHusband; August 22nd, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
Well the date is getting closer, is it time to start talking about the 2011 Socal Slaughter!! Looks like the date is set to be 10/15/11.
Yeah! Lets talk, shall we? Date sounds good as any. Scape is always a blast, and I need to play some more.

We should think about a format. Personally I'm up for anything. Classic, classic with marvel, classic with C3G... some awesomely original format like an army swap or something? Lets mix it up!

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
Well the date is getting closer, is it time to start talking about the 2011 Socal Slaughter!! Looks like the date is set to be 10/15/11.
I say let's keep the tradition going and keep it where it is and how it is. But I'm open to change as well.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

Please no army swap :/
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:40 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I like the format of the last two years. Its always been a blast. I think what we need right now is to figure out the location.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old August 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Is there any reason why the tournament wouldn't be held at WarriorNeedsFoodBadly's place? That's where the event has happened the last 2-3 years, and it suits the needs of the majority.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe to switch around the format a little bit we could do a modified draft. Each player has a core army of say 400 points and has a 300 or so point draft pool to draft an extra 120 points of units. Drafting order would be timed, with a d20 determining order.

Example:
I bring a core of Cyprien Nilfheim Stingers x1 (395) and a draft pool of Sonya, Raelin, Stingers x2 Marro Warriors (295).

My opponent brings Rats x1 Raelin Q9 Krav (400) and a draft pool of Rats x2, Fen Hydra, James Murphy and Marcu (295).

We roll d20s and I win with a 20 to his 1. I pick one unit, then he picks, and so on until we've selected our last 120 points. Even though I could draft to a total of 520 like my opponent, my core is 5 points light so my max is thus 515.

I'm not picky about the points I threw out there (although after writing that it seems like the draft pool should be a bit bigger). Thoughts?
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
SoCal Slaughter! 2011 FORMAT/LOCATION DISCUSSION!

I know we always talk about varying formats and some people get left out. I've always been up for the simplicity of a basic classic game since I don't get to play that often. I'm not sure if there is a way to give everyone what they want to play but we certainly could try something different or even unique to add to it all. Back in my D&D Miniatures days we had a game series called the Grand Campaign where we played a series of games using the 100 point, 200 point and 500 point formats. How about something like this:

GRAND CAMPAIGN!

Players pick a large pool of 750 points of army figures they can utilize and list on their army sheets. From that pool they create an army for that round of battle.

Round 1 - 350 points of available miniatures in your pool.
Round 2 - 450 points of available miniatures in your pool.
Round 3 - 550 points of available miniatures in your pool.
Round 4 - 650 points of available miniatures in your pool. (Marvel allowed)
Round 5 - 750 points of available miniatures in your pool. (Marvel allowed)

This forces players to create an army pool that is varied enough to change each round without complete limitations on what army they will play and gives those who have always been clamoring for something different and/or to include Marvel a chance to do so. In effect players end up drafting from their own pool rather than their own and their opponent's, the strategies of which may be a tad complex for less experienced/younger players. Any thoughts?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day