Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM

paintu2 has disabled reputation
Raelin/more help

On Raelins card its read that you need a clear line of sight for the defense to work if i want to attack my sir gilbert to raise up my scots and didn't want raelin to work could i just set her up facing away from the army.
Also dose it take a turn to make your figure face a different direction.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think (but am not sure) clear line of sight means the figure wanting the bonus can see Raelin. Someone else will know though. If it's the other way around, Raelin can see 360 degrees, so it doesn't matter if she's "looking" at them or not.

And yes, you must take a turn with a figure in order to change its facing. You can't just move people any time you want, then everyone would be reaching in to try to hide their guys and stuff like that. EDIT: Or on your turn. *Shrug* Never had that come up before.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:23 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Single space figures may be rotated freely on your turn.

LOS for Raelin is 360 degrees. Of course, she can't see through her own wings. I think you will have a hard time positioning her so that she can't see a figure that isn't blocked by something else. And a harder time convincing your opponent.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:26 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I think (but am not sure) clear line of sight means the figure wanting the bonus can see Raelin. Someone else will know though. If it's the other way around, Raelin can see 360 degrees, so it doesn't matter if she's "looking" at them or not.

And yes, you must take a turn with a figure in order to change its facing. You can't just move people any time you want, then everyone would be reaching in to try to hide their guys and stuff like that.
She needs to to see them.

You can repostition any of your single space figs on your turn whether you are taking a turn with that fig or not.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:31 PM

paintu2 has disabled reputation
Thanks for the input . now i have another problem i wanted to us3 gilbert in my scot army and raelin to help with the scots defense but i think she would make it harder to wound gilbert my first turn with the four mass. Any help would be great.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:33 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
She doesn't have to be looking at them. Raelin's aura extends behind her as well. They just can't be blocked completely by LOS.

And don't argue something stupid like this to get away with some kind of gimmick. Your opponent will turn it against you later when you WANT the aura, but you loopholed yourself out of it for such a stupid reason.
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:38 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In your starting zone just make sure gilbet is 5 spaces away from Raelin
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:33 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Just use Allastair Mcdirk better attack & he can injure himself

Giggity, giggity, giggity, giggity!

You must be this beautiful to ride the Quagmire!

Lose the zero, get with the hero!

Dear diary: Jackpot!

Fat chicks need love too...they just have to PAY!
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade

And yes, you must take a turn with a figure in order to change its facing. You can't just move people any time you want, then everyone would be reaching in to try to hide their guys and stuff like that.
She needs to to see them.

You can repostition any of your single space figs on your turn whether you are taking a turn with that fig or not.
Told you others would know better than I. Like I said, never really had those situations come up.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
I think (but am not sure) clear line of sight means the figure wanting the bonus can see Raelin.
We actually play that way. I think we got an official ruling that it's the other way around (the person with the aura must be able to see those who get the bonus) but I really dislike that rule, particularly with flagbearers. The whole point of the flagbearer is that you're somehow inspired by the sight of the flag, so we play that as long as a figure can see any part of the flag you get those aura-like bonuses. Makes more logical sense, plus it adds a bit of power I think the flagbearers kind of need.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
I think (but am not sure) clear line of sight means the figure wanting the bonus can see Raelin.
We actually play that way. I think we got an official ruling that it's the other way around (the person with the aura must be able to see those who get the bonus) but I really dislike that rule, particularly with flagbearers. The whole point of the flagbearer is that you're somehow inspired by the sight of the flag, so we play that as long as a figure can see any part of the flag you get those aura-like bonuses. Makes more logical sense, plus it adds a bit of power I think the flagbearers kind of need.
I agree. I always think of auras as more of an inspiration thing as opposed to Raelin (etc) going "Hey! You! I see you over there! Have some defence!" *Realin throws two dice to friend*

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's