Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 31st, 2014, 03:27 PM
AMIS AMIS is offline
 
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 956
AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
AMIS customs

Okay,
So I've been on this site a while now and have never really been a huge fan of customs. BIV's welsh Archers, a number of Sherman Davis' and some C3G ones are about all I ever used...or so I thought.

Recently I did a quick tally of the custom's I use and found that I have 99 of them. I have never really share these with the greater community.Mostly because my computer skills are tremendously lacking and joining this site is the most computer savy thing I've ever done - but I digress.

Spoiler Alert!


Here's one I'm still working on...

Leeh
Figure Used - Ogre given to me as a present to help build up a goblin army I'm putting together so I'm not sure. He holds a door as a shield and a large club.

Ogre
Unique Hero
Beast
Tormenting
Large 6

Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 5
Points: 180 (ish?)

Mob Direction
Prior to Leeh`s turn, you may move up to 8 Goblins that you control up to 4 spaces.

Goblin Fear
Each Goblin adjacent to Leeh may add one attack and defense die when required.

Clamber Over
After attacking with Leeh, all adjacent small Goblins may move to another adjacent hex up to 6 levels higher or lower without taking leaving engagement strikes.

Any suggestions on points or abilities is more than welcome...this is a work in progress...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 21st, 2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: What do you know, I found the figures.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
Sherman Davies's Avatar
Sherman Davies Sherman Davies is offline
The Dark Lord on his dark throne
 
Join Date: July 16, 2007
Location: NY - Brooklyn
Posts: 11,350
Images: 355
Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: AMIS customs

You may want to check out this thread to find people who can turn your ideas into printable cards. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM
AMIS AMIS is offline
 
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 956
AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AMIS customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
You may want to check out this thread to find people who can turn your ideas into printable cards. Good luck!
Thanks but I have my own cards created (I just generally suck when it comes to working on computers - excel and word I'm good with the rest not so much). Joining this site is the most technologically challenging thing I've done.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 1st, 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: If I could upload I would but AMIS and computer just don't really mix.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 1st, 2014, 07:37 PM
CrzyRaccoon's Avatar
CrzyRaccoon CrzyRaccoon is offline
 
Join Date: August 30, 2014
Location: Canada - ON - Stoney Creek
Posts: 33
CrzyRaccoon is surprisingly tart
Re: AMIS customs

Argumentative should be if you roll 1 or 2 to not attack or move. In heroscape, with the D20, you want to roll high, so having a negative effect by rolling a 20 seem weird.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 1st, 2014, 08:48 PM
AMIS AMIS is offline
 
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 956
AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AMIS customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyRaccoon View Post
Argumentative should be if you roll 1 or 2 to not attack or move. In heroscape, with the D20, you want to roll high, so having a negative effect by rolling a 20 seem weird.
Actually I went with 1 or 20 to show the opposite arguments between the two heads. But I do see what you mean.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 1st, 2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Although looking at it, it always looked like a typo to me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 1st, 2014, 10:17 PM
CrzyRaccoon's Avatar
CrzyRaccoon CrzyRaccoon is offline
 
Join Date: August 30, 2014
Location: Canada - ON - Stoney Creek
Posts: 33
CrzyRaccoon is surprisingly tart
Re: AMIS customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyRaccoon View Post
Argumentative should be if you roll 1 or 2 to not attack or move. In heroscape, with the D20, you want to roll high, so having a negative effect by rolling a 20 seem weird.
Actually I went with 1 or 20 to show the opposite arguments between the two heads. But I do see what you mean.
I see, but may I ask, why is he arguing himself, is he like two personalities in 1 body or what?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Tornado's Avatar
Tornado Tornado is offline
Fan Fiction Prompt Master
 
Join Date: August 11, 2010
Location: USA - MI - Kalamazoo (Climax)
Posts: 24,059
Images: 253
Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: AMIS customs

That is fairly typical for Ettins. The two heads are in conflict with each other.

Tornado is the Nagrub...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:42 PM
IshMEL's Avatar
IshMEL IshMEL is offline
 
Join Date: August 17, 2011
Location: US - NY - Brooklyn
Posts: 1,435
Images: 471
IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: AMIS customs

Looks cool!

A couple of suggestions on language that would be more "official" sounding:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure is destroyed.

At least I think this is what you mean by "strikes with three skulls" and not "causes three wounds." Also would the defender roll defense dice? It would matter for something like Counterstrike I suppose. If you meant for the figure to not roll defense, perhaps just say:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure does not roll defense dice. Destroy the defending figure.

Ruthless Gaze 15
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Hamilton. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card.

Since this is slightly different from Dund's Crippling Gaze (Unique Heroes only) you should consider renaming the power. The rest just mirrors that power's wording. Usually you write out "roll the 20-sided die" instead of "d20" and don't describe what's happening with the power, it's implied by what happens and the power's name.

Just suggestions of course, for your own play you may not care so much. Look forward to seeing more!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
CrzyRaccoon's Avatar
CrzyRaccoon CrzyRaccoon is offline
 
Join Date: August 30, 2014
Location: Canada - ON - Stoney Creek
Posts: 33
CrzyRaccoon is surprisingly tart
Re: AMIS customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is fairly typical for Ettins. The two heads are in conflict with each other.
Ok I see.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Ixe's Avatar
Ixe Ixe is offline
 
Join Date: August 21, 2013
Location: USA - MD - Sparks
Posts: 1,864
Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AMIS customs

Hamilton
I'm all for seeing weretigers. His stats seem like an interesting trade off with the Werewolf Lord, but Lethal Claw downright terrifies me in a match. If the attack functions like Lethal Sting from the Rechets of Bodgan, there is a 43.75% chance that he will immediately destroy anything he attacks except for huger figures. If he is able to claim any sort of height, it shoots up to an even 50% chance with any further bonuses exacerbating the matter (over 65% at 6 attack). While this is not a problem for squads that he'd be destroying anyway, it is pretty devastating when he has such a high chance of obliterating even the sturdiest of heroes in a single swipe. Couple in the fact that he is a bonding hero and so fast, I fear that he is generally undercosted without even considering Crippling Gaze. The latter ability is certainly better on a bonding, although limiting it to Unique Heroes only definitely diminishes its use.

Ettin
I assume the lycanthrope part is a mistake. Also, I am uncertain when Argumentative should be rolled since you say it is before attacking but then is not able to move if the roll is failed. Dissenting Attack is an interesting variant on double attack that can potentially hurt your own side so I'm sure it is fun to work around. The hero seems solid for his points, especially if you add VC units to your game and pair him with Crypt Guardians.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:54 PM
AMIS AMIS is offline
 
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 956
AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AMIS customs

@ Crzyracoon - I always have Ettins argue with themselves so this seemed very stereotypical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Looks cool!

A couple of suggestions on language that would be more "official" sounding:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure is destroyed.

At least I think this is what you mean by "strikes with three skulls" and not "causes three wounds." Also would the defender roll defense dice? It would matter for something like Counterstrike I suppose. If you meant for the figure to not roll defense, perhaps just say:

Lethal Claw
When making a normal attack on a small, medium, or large figure, if Hamilton rolls at least three skulls, the figure does not roll defense dice. Destroy the defending figure.

Ruthless Gaze 15
Before moving, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Hamilton. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card.

Since this is slightly different from Dund's Crippling Gaze (Unique Heroes only) you should consider renaming the power. The rest just mirrors that power's wording. Usually you write out "roll the 20-sided die" instead of "d20" and don't describe what's happening with the power, it's implied by what happens and the power's name.

Just suggestions of course, for your own play you may not care so much. Look forward to seeing more!
I like those suggestions, Thanks!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 3rd, 2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I'll edit the op soon - at least for lethal claw.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 10:02 PM
AMIS AMIS is offline
 
Join Date: February 4, 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 956
AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AMIS customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Hamilton
I'm all for seeing weretigers. His stats seem like an interesting trade off with the Werewolf Lord, but Lethal Claw downright terrifies me in a match. If the attack functions like Lethal Sting from the Rechets of Bodgan, there is a 43.75% chance that he will immediately destroy anything he attacks except for huger figures. If he is able to claim any sort of height, it shoots up to an even 50% chance with any further bonuses exacerbating the matter (over 65% at 6 attack). While this is not a problem for squads that he'd be destroying anyway, it is pretty devastating when he has such a high chance of obliterating even the sturdiest of heroes in a single swipe. Couple in the fact that he is a bonding hero and so fast, I fear that he is generally undercosted without even considering Crippling Gaze. The latter ability is certainly better on a bonding, although limiting it to Unique Heroes only definitely diminishes its use.

Ettin
I assume the lycanthrope part is a mistake. Also, I am uncertain when Argumentative should be rolled since you say it is before attacking but then is not able to move if the roll is failed. Dissenting Attack is an interesting variant on double attack that can potentially hurt your own side so I'm sure it is fun to work around. The hero seems solid for his points, especially if you add VC units to your game and pair him with Crypt Guardians.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.
LOL, yes the Ettin is an Ettin and not a Lycanthrope...although that would be an interesting character indeed!

You would roll for Argumentative before taking the turn, ie before moving and/or attacking.

At first I had Hamilton at 160 but he has been play tested aound here for a long time. 120 seems to be the best balance. He's actually relatively easy to take down with any one squad with WTF. It's an easy and simple counter.
Include the bonding and you have WoB and Hamilton vs 2 squads of WTF (with point room for more options).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 3rd, 2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: We all love more options!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.