Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 29th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Taeblewalker's Customs Ideas Thread post WotC

Now that C3V is in full swing, we will be eagerly awaiting the latest "official" units. To fill in the gap, some friends, including Chas, have been helping me come up with ideas for units we'd like to see, and will probably use in our games. We welcome feedback, and will attempt to get in some playtesting with them when we can. Please share your thoughts - and feel free to use any ideas for your own units! Even if a single power sounds great for a completely different unit you come up with, the purpose of this thread is to generate ideas for the community to work with and play with while waiting for the officials.

Here is the first unit:

Bokaan (uses D&D mini Blackscale Lizardfolk)
Fights for Ullar

Lizardfolk
Unique Hero
Warlord
Fearless
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Points 120 (initial estimate)

SWAMP WALK
Bokaan may count swamp and swamp water spaces as road spaces.

THICK SCALES
When rolling defense dice for Bokaan, add one shield to whatever is rolled. When an opponent's figure rolls a leaving engagement attack against Bokaan, your opponent must reroll any skulls. Thick scales may only be used once per roll.

More are on the way!

Old November 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Re: Taeblewalker's Customs Ideas Thread post WotC

Here's another for thought. I am gonig with a generic name, but he's a unique. I have to decide on a mini for him, but there are definitely candidates.

War Captain
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Captain
Disciplined

Life 5
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 120 (untested)

RALLY THE TROOPS
When you take a turn with a common soldier squad you control with a Range of 1, you may activate on extra figure of that squad. All activated figures must be in clear sight of War Captain.

CALL THE SHOTS
When you attack with common soldiers with a Range of at least four, you may add one to their Range. All affected figures must be in clear sight of War Captain.

Old November 29th, 2010, 06:10 PM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker

I like the War Captain, he would work well in a range army or an Einar army for that matter. His stats are really cool to, they match the theme of some of the classic scape figures.

I would also be interested in joining this thread to create some more knights for the realm of Valhalla. I have some cool ideas I would like to get your opinions on.

The Champion of Weston is Sir Denrick...
in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champion of Weston View Post
I like the War Captain, he would work well in a range army or an Einar army for that matter. His stats are really cool to, they match the theme of some of the classic scape figures.

I would also be interested in joining this thread to create some more knights for the realm of Valhalla. I have some cool ideas I would like to get your opinions on.
What I really like about the Captain is that he boosts Emperium without breaking ranged squads like the 10th. Since he is not a Warlord, you still get only 5 figures activated with Romans or Greeks, the same as if you bonded with a Warlord and then took a turn with a squad of them. He also boosts the Warforged, but since they, like the Emperium, are a high cost unit, this is not a problem. His own cost (even if it needs to be modified) justifies the benefits he bestows. For example, while he makes the 10th and 4th shoot farther, greatly boosting Wait Then Fire, he also costs almost as much as two squads of either.

As for your own ideas, feel free to post them here! What sort of Knights are you considering?

Old November 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker

I have ideas for some French knights and a Joan of Arc to lead them. Also I have plans for a Richard the Lion Heart.

Your Captain is pure genius, if you wouldn't mind could I play test him alongside one of my Einar armies.

in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
I have ideas for some French knights and a Joan of Arc to lead them. Also I have plans for a Richard the Lion Heart.

Your Captain is pure genius, if you wouldn't mind could I play test him alongside one of my Einar armies.

Those are nice ideas. I would like to see the theme coming out of a Joan d'Arc build.

And thank you! Feel free to test him.

Old November 30th, 2010, 12:03 AM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

what were you thinking for the war captain. Roman, Greek, British, or a new class for Einar.
I was thinking this
Spoiler Alert!

stingers>everything else
Old November 30th, 2010, 12:11 AM

Alright here are my stats for Joan of Arc.

Joan of Arc

Jandar
Human
Unique Hero
Soldier
Righteous
Medium 5

Attack 4
Defense 4
Move 5
Range 1
Life 6
Points 150?

Divine Inspiration
When attacking a unit that follows Utgar or Valkrill add two to Joan's attack. And while rolling defense dice add two to her defense.

Divine Protection
When an attack that should kill Joan is rolled, roll the 20d, on a 17 or higher ignore the wounds.

French Liberators

Jandar
Human
common squad
Patriot
Valiant

Life 1
Move 5
Attack 3
Defense 5
Range 1
Points100

Righteous Bonding
Before taking a turn with the French Liberators you may first take a turn with any righteous hero you control

Freedoms charge
The French Liberators may add two to their attack if they use all of their move to engage a unit. You may not move around the figure to use your movement.

in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbirk19 View Post
what were you thinking for the war captain. Roman, Greek, British, or a new class for Einar.
I was thinking this
Spoiler Alert!
While I like the sculpt, I can't help seeing him as not being ranged or helping riflemen. He seems more classic Japanese or some such. As for a figure, I have't settled on one, but I was looking at some that look more modern and occidental.

Quote:
Alright here are my stats for Joan of Arc.

Joan of Arc
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Soldier
Righteous
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 150?

DIVINE INSPIRATION
When Joan of Arc rolls attack dice or defense dice against a unit that follows Utgar or Valkrill, she adds two dice.

DIVINE PROTECTION
When Joan of Arc takes enough wounds to be destroyed, roll the 20d. If you roll a 17 or higher, she ignores the wounds.

French Liberators
Jandar

Human
Common Squad
Patriots
Valiant

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

Points 100

RIGHTEOUS BONDING
Before taking a turn with the French Liberators you may first take a turn with any righteous hero you control.

FREEDOM'S CHARGE
If a French Liberator begins it's turn at least 4 spaces away from a figure, it may add two attack dice when attacking that figure.

I cleaned up some of the grammar and formatting (Patriots, plural, for example). As for the powers, I altered Freedom's Charge to be more in line with the Templar Cavalry. Their points might be a little high. How many are in a squad?

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM

There are 3 in the squad, and how much do you think they are worth. I couldn't settle on a point cost for them so I just started them at 100. Sorry about the grammar I was kinda tired.

in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
There are 3 in the squad, and how much do you think they are worth. I couldn't settle on a point cost for them so I just started them at 100. Sorry about the grammar I was kinda tired.
I would like to see them tested against other units; at a glance, I'm thinking a little less, like maybe 85.

Here is my next custom:

GREENVISE VINE
Aquilla

Plant
Uncommon Hero
Predator
Relentless
Large 7

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4
Cost 90

COILED STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Coiled Strike Special Attack may only target Small figures. Targeted figures may not roll defense dice against Coiled Strike Special Attack.

SERPENTINE STRIKE
When attacking with a normal or special attack, this Greenvise Vine may target a figure whose base is no more than 3 levels higher than its height, and whose height is no more than three levels lower than its base.

ROOT TRAVERSE
If this Greenvise Vine is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, instead of moving normally, you may place it adjacent to any Evergreen Tree or Jungle piece in 5 spaces.

Old December 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM

I like it, good abilities, not indestructable. Solid custom

in the DIAMOND CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards