Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 6th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Rachel Summers is one that we've talked about a little bit in the not so distant past. I think we'd have her by now if TB was still around.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yes...the prep does suck...

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 6th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I was wondering about what blind spots we have, actually - New Mutants are definitely a big one. In fact, despite having SO MANY Mutants already made... there's still probably 20+ prominent, "hundreds of appearances" characters left. There's way too many X-Men.
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:33 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Man, I missed a lot.

I understand and mostly agree with where Spidey is coming from from the stand point of where C3G was during it's first 100 designs or so. However, C3G has slowly evolved and sprawl has occurred to such an extend that we are where we are now and so I try to embrace not what I once saw as what the project was but what it has now become.

I was also not at all excited about Street Fighter when it first joined the C3G ranks, but I've slowly warmed up to the idea of video game characters from fighting games being included. This is a game about fighting and video game combatants all have super natural skills and abilities just like superheroes do. That combined with the Predator and Alien cross over comic books are what lead to that slippery slope for me.

Sci-fi is one of my passions and I really enjoyed the Batman vs. Alien graphic novel I picked up when it was made. The joining of two of my favorite things made me happy then and joining them together on a C3G board made me happy all over again. So while I'm not a huge Who fan, I can understand the joy it might bring to others who are big Who fans to include them in C3G and Who is in the sci-fi wheelhouse.

That being said, I still think their should be guidelines and limits to where the project expands into. Archie is a comic book, but I don't see what he could do for someone in a combat strategy game. If someone really started pushing to include Sabrina the teenage witch though, I could see it happening.

Also for the record, even though I've contributed quite a bit to HoSS, I would have no problem if C3G made a C3G Vader, or Maul, or Boba Fett. The reason why is simply because the power scale of the two projects is quite different. HoSS tried to stay true to the Classic scape scale and they have a bunch of 2-3 dice powers as a result, rolling 5 attack or defense die in Classic is significant. C3G long ago moved up to a wider range of values, where 5 is often thought of as solid but average. I think the HoSS Vader could step right into a C3G game and be okay, but some other characters would be underwhelming.

The problem I personally have long had with bringing in Star Wars to C3G is the number of characters in SW. Where do you stop once you get going on a few SW cards? I do prefer the lighter cross over touch of a few cards from a new IP. Spawn, Hellboy, Predator, & Alien all have small footprints in C3G and they feel like great additions to me as a result. SW is such a big world though that they could have a 50 card run in C3G, and that just feels like too big an impact to me on what started out as a comic book based project.

Anyway, moving on...when you all were having this heated discussion I was catching an early viewing of Captain Marvel and it was pretty great! Movie had a lot of heart in it and helped fill in a previously untold chapter of the MCU. Two post credit scenes, the first one comes after the first set of credits and it was cool, the second one doesn't come until after all the credits have run and it was pretty minor, not really worth the long wait. I'm expecting to see some card ideas for a new member of the pet avengers soon as a result of the movie.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 7th, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Well said YK.

My first instinct to everything said today is to write a big paragraph defending my precious Who designs, but I think I’ve really said all I need to say. I stand by thinking it’s a good fit because it shares many tonal similarities with superhero media. But clearly it’s a sticking point for a lot of people on here, more than I originally realized. I am sorry if anyone has felt I barged in and made such a big move with my first design, because that was really never my intention. The Daleks are already done and wrapped, but if the scope of Doctor Who’s inclusion in the project going forward is something that needs to be discussed, I’ll be ready to listen.

I’ve always felt like HoSS has that universe on lock and that C3G versions would just be redundant. The few mixed games I’ve played with both have gone down pretty well. But on the other hand I get that it might feel unsatisfying to have Luke knocked out after 2 punches from your average >300 C3G bruiser.

I’m glad to hear from someone who enjoyed Captain Marvel, because I’ve seen some really mediocre reviews online.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post

I’m glad to hear from someone who enjoyed Captain Marvel, because I’ve seen some really mediocre reviews online.
I don't pay attention to reviews for the most part and especially for Captain Marvel.

There have been a lot of dudes with their panties in a bunch about a couple things. They don't like a woman having top billing, and be so ubber powerful as to steal their man crush hereos in Avengers End Game. And/or they don't like Brie Larson speaking up for equality and diversity.

Some losers were going nuts in making the Rotten Tomato score for Captain Marvel so low before it even came out. Rotten Tomatoes had to adjust some things to compensate.

Do I expect this movie to be Captain America Civil War, Black Panther or Infinity War? No. But I expect it to be a fun movie to watch. Heck, my daughters and I love the heck out of Ant-Man, as well as Ant-Man and Wasp. We don't care what critics say, we like what we like.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 7th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can’t wait to see it!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Man, I missed a lot.

I understand and mostly agree with where Spidey is coming from from the stand point of where C3G was during it's first 100 designs or so. However, C3G has slowly evolved and sprawl has occurred to such an extend that we are where we are now and so I try to embrace not what I once saw as what the project was but what it has now become.

I was also not at all excited about Street Fighter when it first joined the C3G ranks, but I've slowly warmed up to the idea of video game characters from fighting games being included. This is a game about fighting and video game combatants all have super natural skills and abilities just like superheroes do. That combined with the Predator and Alien cross over comic books are what lead to that slippery slope for me.

Sci-fi is one of my passions and I really enjoyed the Batman vs. Alien graphic novel I picked up when it was made. The joining of two of my favorite things made me happy then and joining them together on a C3G board made me happy all over again. So while I'm not a huge Who fan, I can understand the joy it might bring to others who are big Who fans to include them in C3G and Who is in the sci-fi wheelhouse.

That being said, I still think their should be guidelines and limits to where the project expands into. Archie is a comic book, but I don't see what he could do for someone in a combat strategy game. If someone really started pushing to include Sabrina the teenage witch though, I could see it happening.
That's pretty much my barometer - if I can see a character having a place in a wargame/fighting game/strategy game/adventure game, I have no issues. My meter for that might be a bit lower as well - I like the idea of implementing sleuths and detectives into the game even if they don't do much fighting - but, based on the very little I know of Archie, doesn't sound like that would fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Well said YK.

My first instinct to everything said today is to write a big paragraph defending my precious Who designs, but I think I’ve really said all I need to say. I stand by thinking it’s a good fit because it shares many tonal similarities with superhero media. But clearly it’s a sticking point for a lot of people on here, more than I originally realized. I am sorry if anyone has felt I barged in and made such a big move with my first design, because that was really never my intention. The Daleks are already done and wrapped, but if the scope of Doctor Who’s inclusion in the project going forward is something that needs to be discussed, I’ll be ready to listen.

I’ve always felt like HoSS has that universe on lock and that C3G versions would just be redundant. The few mixed games I’ve played with both have gone down pretty well. But on the other hand I get that it might feel unsatisfying to have Luke knocked out after 2 punches from your average >300 C3G bruiser.

Fwiw, I actively dislike Doctor Who and think you've done nothing wrong. Break the mold! Expand this great game into exciting new directions!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:24 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Modern Archie has gone in some interesting directions. His inclusion wouldn't be as odd as folks think:

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I mean you don't even have to go that modern...

Old March 7th, 2019, 10:04 AM

There truly is plenty of justification if you want to go there:

Old March 7th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Although I echo Spideys points, nobody has ever made me playtest or use any figure that I didn't want to. There are some ideas out there that I'm not into, so I just don't use them. It's like country music, I think it's awful, but I'm not going to stop you from listening to it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape