Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old August 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Who's your favorite superhero?

In celebration of Marvel's 70th birthday and because I'm curious, who is your favorite superhero and why? Mine is Spider-Man. The first memory I have of getting a superhero comic is when my dad brought home The Amazing Spider-Man #76 for me because I was sick with the mumps. He brought me others that day and even before that time I had gotten some, but the first one I can remember clearly is that one. I've been collecting ever since. Thanks Dad.

Old August 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Who's your favorite superhero?

I don't read comics or anything, but Batman has always been my favorite. Joker's my favorite villain, too. (I liked him before Dark Knight, in case anyone was wondering... )
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hulk, when written by Peter David.

X-Men by Chris Claremont

Those are easily my fav's

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I don't read comics or anything, but Batman has always been my favorite. Joker's my favorite villain, too. (I liked him before Dark Knight, in case anyone was wondering... )
Cool. Villain wise for me it would have to be Kang the Conqueror. I like the idea of a leader/general that can pluck different soldiers and creatures out of different periods of time and space to use as his personal army. (That sounds like a good idea for some kind of board game.)

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, Villain is easy for me. Easily 2 of the most complex baddies ever (when written properly).

Magneto - When wrote correctly is easily the deepest and most sympathetic bad guy in the Marvel universe.

Doctor Doom - Again, only when written correctly, is just a force of nature. Completely truthful, a ruler of a nation, and a man of his word (just make sure you listen to his words carefully )
How can you not root for a bad guy who once took over the world, eliminated poverty, war, and decided to let the good guys win because there was no challenge anymore.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Hulk. Favorite Hulk writer: Bill Mantlo. Favorite Hulk artist: Sal Buscema.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Armageddon has disabled reputation

Doomsday; he was the first one I saw beat up Superman and ruin that image of the "perfect hero" that was invincible. (I'm not into comics, so there may have been others before him that beat up Superman.)

As for heroes, I prefer the X-men as a grouping, with all their coolness, but humanity mixed in, to bring them back down to earth.

Great Traders: Hilo-scaper, Dicemaster, InfinityMax, Rodriquez, Tmac2200
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I've never been into non-comic strip comics too much, but I've always been a fan of the Silver Surfer, then Iron Man. (Before the movies).
Other than that, I've always like Ignatz Mouse (I consider him a comic hero because he layed the basis for many modern day cartoons). Okay, Hijacking over, sorry, back to superheroes!

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
I've never been into non-comic strip comics too much, but I've always been a fan of Iron Man. (Before the movie).
Demon in a Bottle, love that and Iron Wars (Was that what it was called, 2 of them but only the first is any good) are among my favorite Iron Man runs.

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Demon in a Bottle
Nothing like being drunk in a flying suit of armor in a city full of glass. Those are some great issues.

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

Indeed - I'll take my superhero's flawed, thank you very much.

Single biggest reason I cannot stand to read 90% of DC's comics growing up. They were all just too good at everything. Probably also why I hated Batman comics but love "The Dark Knight Returns".

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Indeed - I'll take my superhero's flawed, thank you very much.

Single biggest reason I cannot stand to read 90% of DC's comics growing up. They were all just too good at everything. Probably also why I hated Batman comics but love "The Dark Knight Returns".
Yeah, as a kid I read everything, but on some level even then I knew that Marvel as a whole was better at humanizing their characters . Even though as a child I didn't know what to call it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics