Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old November 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Just tried World of Tanks. I really don't know what to say about this one. I would draw a comparison to another game I've played, but there's not really any other game like it.

It's now free-to-play, so it's definitely worth a try.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Skyrim - One of the best looking games I've ever played at least as good as Fallout 3/ New Vegas.

Is it fair to compare the games. Yes, Bethesda has made the game play very similar. Open map, fast travel, non linear and quest driven. But the game map is easily twice the size in skyrim and has way more customization and item variability.
Plus you can ride horses. No more foot slogging unless you want too.

Skyrim is a coming of age story but so was Fallout 3. After all you are chasing your father down after leaving you childhood home (Vault). You can also affect the world by being bad or good in both games drastically changing the outcome of the fallout games and presumably with skyrim as well.

I think of skyrim as more of an evolution of the Elder scroll / Fallout games. I think Fallout 4 will look and play more like skyrim.

JMO

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

One of my friends confused Skyrim with Skylanders.

I have one less friend.
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
One of my friends confused Skyrim with Skylanders.

I have one less friend.
Every time I go to type "Skyward Sword" I accidentally say Skyrim...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Too many darn "Sky" games, right?
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

This isn't the typical question for this, but I'm currently playing Oblivion (can't afford Skyrim right now). I like it, but it's "meh".

What awesome older games for the 360 would people recommend? I need something good, and just finished Deus Ex recently (it's the only game I've bought new in months).

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
This isn't the typical question for this, but I'm currently playing Oblivion (can't afford Skyrim right now). I like it, but it's "meh".

What awesome older games for the 360 would people recommend? I need something good, and just finished Deus Ex recently (it's the only game I've bought new in months).
Need more info. What kinds of games do you like? Want heavy story RPG shooter? Try the Mass Effect series.

Want open world? Try Red Dead Redemption, more story to it than Oblivion and better overall gameplay mechanics, but still very wide open.

Need an idea though really, of what types of games you like.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

Need more info. What kinds of games do you like? Want heavy story RPG shooter? Try the Mass Effect series.

Want open world? Try Red Dead Redemption, more story to it than Oblivion and better overall gameplay mechanics, but still very wide open.

I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. Red Dead is good, but not totally my style. Loved Deus Ex. I loved the Assassin's Creed series. Can't stand 1st person shooters with the exception of Deus Ex and Bioshock. I love RPG's, but I didn't like the linearity of Final Fantasy 13.

I guess I'm more of the action/RPG kind of guy.

The cake is a lie.

Old November 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. Red Dead is good, but not totally my style. Loved Deus Ex. I loved the Assassin's Creed series. Can't stand 1st person shooters with the exception of Deus Ex and Bioshock. I love RPG's, but I didn't like the linearity of Final Fantasy 13.

Have you tried the Dead Space series? I highly recommend both of them, light RPG/3rd person shooter.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Have you tried the Dead Space series? I highly recommend both of them, light RPG/3rd person shooter.
I haven't. I might look into it then

The cake is a lie.

Old November 19th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't. I might look into it then
Both have interesting stories (ala Bioshock) - the first game is much more survival horror while the second is a bit more intense. Wonderful games with interesting RPG lite mechanics and combat where "where" you shoot is vitally important (and it's not headshots). First game is scarier, with more a Half-Life 2 feel (in that your character doesn't speak), while in the sequel, he's given a voice and the narrative is much stronger.

Old November 19th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:

as I just got Fallout 3 with all the dlc(game of the year edition) I'd highly recommend it, and if ye look around ye can pick it up for about 20-25(will all the dlc!)

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games