Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

View Poll Results: Which forum style are you using?
Heroscapers Default 9 18.00%
Heroscapers Wide Page 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16th, 2008, 02:06 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
New Site: Expand your horizons aka: Heroscapers Wide Style

In an effort to get the wide style up and running for people asap I'm starting this thread for people to post their comments, ideas, or issues into. This is only for comments that are specific to the wide style. Please check the Default style/skin to see if the same issue or request you are looking for exists there.

As things progress, you will see the graphics that give the narrow style its lovely appeal join us here in the wide style. There are some restrictions but I like to see this as a challenge, so toss your ideas at me.

Remember to let me know what operating system and web browser you are using. If the answer is "I don't know" you better find out before you post here! I enjoy handing out positive rep points like candy, so make my life happier by being a helpful poster!

How to find your browser version:
In your browser, go to the Help menu, select About <browser name>

It should say in there what version you are using.

Bugs/broken stuff:
Header and Footer graphics don't flow with the page at all
Resolved: Some browsers seem to be tweaking the avatar display size.

Requests:
Addressed (please provide feedback on look): Make the distinction between message body and signature area more distinct. Green bar added above the signature. Has now been two sizes, 5 pixels and 3 pixels. If you have an opinion on the thickness, please provide feedback.

Last edited by bunjee; April 21st, 2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: New Site: Expand your horizons aka: Heroscapers Wide Sty

I think it looks good now in either format...the avatar on top does work better on the narrow default and the avatar on the left looks better on the wide.

No real issues discovered in the wide format but i will let you know if i notice anything.

Question Can the system auto resize everyones avatar view to be uniform? That would probably be my only "issue" with the wide format

I prefer to walk on the Wide Side...

...and the colored girls sing...doo de doo de doo doo doo doo...

Last edited by Onacara; April 16th, 2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added question.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:18 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

I like the immersive experience of widescreen.

Being poor, I do rather enjoy having bars around the image when watching widescreen dvds. When online, widescreen means no bars. So, I guess I just learned what I already knew...I don't like the bars, just the view. Thanks for the confirmation.

Glad our avatars are alongside our posts now. I'm too attached to mine to replace it with a widescreen one.

Last edited by soberman; April 16th, 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:20 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Question Can the system auto resize everyones avatar view to be uniform? That would probably be my only "issue" with the wide format
I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you want all the avatars to be the same width? I think it is the phrase "avatar view" that is unclear to me here.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:23 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you want all the avatars to be the same width? I think it is the phrase "avatar view" that is unclear to me here.
Ok do you see how yours and mine are both square but mine is smaller than yours? I was wondering if they could auto size them so they all appear the same size on screen. I didn't change the size of mine yet it looks alot smaller here than it did on the old forum. Maybe I just need to do that.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:24 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

The attempt at resizing just made my avatar all low res and yucky. Thanks for the restoration!
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:26 AM

That's odd, when I post it appears all low-res and yucky, but if I naviagate away from the thread and come back...presto!, it is fine again.
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could we do something to make the sig separation line stand out a little more? Like maybe make it the same tan as the avatar block?
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Maybe I'm the oddball here, but I like the default. The wide doesn't add that much horizontal space to the posting portion of the page. Maybe I'm just ready for something a little different and the site upgrade was as good a time as any to make the change. It is nice to have the option of wide available if/when I change my mind.

One comment about the wide style is the page header pics look a little funny in wide. I don't know if there is an easy way to "fix" that "problem", or if it would even be worth it to make a change purely for appearance.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Ok do you see how yours and mine are both square but mine is smaller than yours? I was wondering if they could auto size them so they all appear the same size on screen. I didn't change the size of mine yet it looks alot smaller here than it did on the old forum. Maybe I just need to do that.
Well, I'm not sure why yours is smaller now, are you sure it is the same file you uploaded? And, if so, when did you upload it because the limits on avatar sizes changed recently, so it may have been reduced by the system on upload. There are some automation things we can do, autosizing is one of them but we won't make them all exactly the same size. About all we'll do is make it automatically resize the height on the Default layout, and resize the width on the Wide layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Could we do something to make the sig separation line stand out a little more? Like maybe make it the same tan as the avatar block?
I will be putting a better divider in, I'm not sure about shifting the color too much, but will keep it under advisement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Maybe I'm the oddball here, but I like the default. The wide doesn't add that much horizontal space to the posting portion of the page. Maybe I'm just ready for something a little different and the site upgrade was as good a time as any to make the change. It is nice to have the option of wide available if/when I change my mind.
The main reason I wanted to get the wide layout setup was to address the amount of page scrolling to get from post to post. In the Wide layout, the horizontal isn't much different as you say, but more posts can appear vertically because they aren't separated by the user info section. One of the very nice things about the new forum is the options we have for customization. We aren't going to go all hog wild, but we can have a couple of browsing preferences addressed and keep people happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
One comment about the wide style is the page header pics look a little funny in wide. I don't know if there is an easy way to "fix" that "problem", or if it would even be worth it to make a change purely for appearance.
Getting the graphics to properly complement the wide style is extremely important for me, it was only second to the re-arrangement of the userinfo section. Believe me, I know wide ain't pretty to look at right now when you are at the top and bottom.
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
has been BANNED

This is odd...at home on My Mac my avatar is the same size for both formats..but at work on my Dell it is that size in narrow and bigger and lower res in the wide.

Is this a Safari vs Explorer thing?
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah my avatar looks big, low res and really ugly. They looked fine yesterday.

Thanks for everything Bunjee.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online