Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
A TOAST to Understanding Wives!

Out shopping tonight, my wife and I went into a Wal-Mart.

Always on the hunt, I perused the poorly kept toy section. I think it may have been hit by a nuclear strike. Nothing was where it belonged. I found two ROTV with red clearance stickers that said 39.00 on them. PASS.

Then my wife happened upon some expansions. Four packs, all different. She said "I haven't seen these before, have you got these? It was all four wave 2 (Utgar's Rage) packs, of which I have none of. She saw my pulse quicken. I didn't even have to ask.

With a smile: "You can get them if you want."

YAY! As someone who is very slowly building a collection, such a find is a rare treat. I've NEVER seen these packs in any store around me. Woohoo!

So this thread is a TOAST to understanding wives everywhere! I raise my glass to my wonderful wife, who's not only gives me love, good food, and a happy home, but also understands the Heroscape habit, and still decides to live with me.

And hopefully this thread will send the seesaw of wifely karma over to the understanding side for the many of us who need it from time to time.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:02 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm glad my wife and I keep our own money.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckel's wife
"You can get them if you want."
I guess she gave you permission then? :P My wife and I don't tell each other what is ok to buy. We just get what we want and are trusting that the other would never put our family's budget in jeopardy.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
My lovely 8.3 month pregnant wife agreed to play me in a match tonight, despite having to reach for everything and being tired. She's awesome, also. It didn't hurt that she whupped me, either. Grrrr....

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
My lovely 8.3 month pregnant wife agreed to play me in a match tonight, despite having to reach for everything and being tired. She's awesome, also. It didn't hurt that she whupped me, either. Grrrr....

Wytefang, your wife truly is lovely. What she sees in you we'll never know, but hey! It's all good :P . Pregnancy times were my least favorite.

~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Awesome wife Eckles. I don't have a wife seeing as I'm a kid. But my mom always checks when she's in a store. So does my dad.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
I guess she gave you permission then? :P My wife and I don't tell each other what is ok to buy. We just get what we want and are trusting that the other would never put our family's budget in jeopardy.
Well, our financial situation is not at all in a position where we can simply "get what we want". It's a major treat to buy anything for ourselves, lately. Money has been really tight. If she hadn't been standing there, and said that, I wouldn't have gotten them at all, because I simply wouldn't have even considered it. Since she opened her mouth... I'm HOME FREE

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
Quote:
Quote:
Well, our financial situation is not at all in a position where we can simply "get what we want". It's a major treat to buy anything for ourselves, lately. Money has been really tight. If she hadn't been standing there, and said that, I wouldn't have gotten them at all, because I simply wouldn't have even considered it. Since she opened her mouth... I'm HOME FREE
She rocks!! Wave 2 rocks also!

~Clancampbell
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great, first she finally allows you to get more HeroScape and what's the first thing you do? You run off to 'Scapers and start making toasts. Next thing you know you're falling down drunk and never even allowed to play the game any more!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang

Wytefang, your wife truly is lovely. What she sees in you we'll never know, but hey! It's all good :P . Pregnancy times were my least favorite.
The first part of this cracked me up! I agree with the 2nd part, it's rough seeing her go through a lot of miserable stuff and the mood swings can be crazy sometimes.

Eckels, she sounds awesome. Enjoy Wave 2.
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
Awesome wife Eckles. I don't have a wife seeing as I'm a kid. But my mom always checks when she's in a store. So does my dad.
A toast to understanding cool parents?

It feels good to read about wives, girlfriends, and parents who understand the addiction. I raise my Pirate mug for a toast to them.

Old January 24th, 2008, 03:19 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I toast to that as well UC. Cheers!

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion