Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 24th, 2008, 05:22 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
What are the chances on another figure like the hive? A soulborg factory or something?

WotC: Interesting.
A Deathwalker Factory! Of course!

If I was a gambling man, I'd put money on this one.

We've all had our fill of Deathwalker moments, right?
DW9000 collects dust while Q9 and Q10 get all the play.

So it makes a great deal of sense to create something that regenerates the Deathwalkers.
Perhaps in Master Set III, "The Blasted Wasteland." (hint, hint)
Old January 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM

MacG Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
So it makes a great deal of sense to create something that regenerates the Deathwalkers.
Perhaps in Master Set III, "The Blasted Wasteland." (hint, hint)
Hear Hear! I'll pre-order that tomorrow as long as it comes with more heroes and fewer common squads than SotM!
Old January 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Pygon knows what's in an order marker Pygon knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Well. We showed off a giant terrain setup, which got people pretty excited, and were able to talk to all of our distributors about Heroscape. Some of them already carry it, and they were pointing out to the others that it's a great product.
Good to hear HeroScape is still getting support from multiple sources!

Blasted Wasteland, huh? Perhaps it will have lots of sand!
Old January 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sounds great glad the conference went well. Again I cant show my appreciation enough for all you've done.

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Re: Paul:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
To Paul:

1. Comment: Thanks again for the interaction.

3. Comment & Suggestion: The reason buying multiple copies of RotV has been important to my group of friends are as follows 1.LOTS of hexes. 2. Lots of figures to modify. 3. Extra dice n' ruins. The only reason why we'd ever buy an extra RotV was if we wanted more stingers. A new master set that we would buy over and over would have to have 1. LOTS of hexes, 2. Lots of COMMON figures. 3. Extra objects n' junk.
1.Thanks.

3. Reading you loud and clear.
1. I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks again for all the responses.

3. We don't all agree on this point. Some people buy a new MS for hexes. Some buy it as an introduction to the game. Some (like me) just want to get up to date rules and new figures. I prefer for master sets to just contain unique units and perhaps some new terrain and LoS blockers, and some of those large figures that you're not sure where to release- Grimnak in particular was a figure that hooked me on the game. Great concept, and he hinted at the release of future figures. I think Sujoah and Zelrig would be right at home in a future Master Set.

When I want more common figures, I prefer for it not to come along with extra plastic hexes, order markers, rulebooks, etc. I don't want to spend 40 bucks just to get my 3rd and 4th Squad of Marro Stingers, and a bunch of stuff I won't use. I'd rather have a new Master set that gets me excited for/synergizes with the upcoming common figure waves.

MS 1 was 10 times more popular than MS 2 in our unofficial poll that we put up recently, and that's because people like the variety. The more commons (especially if doubled) that you put in an MS, the less variety that we'd see in the figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I would like to know what WotC and Hasbro think of the Nakita problem. Do you guys feel that a) the packaging didn't seem impressive enough on the shelf or b) the female figures and half-naked male figures just isn't what the average 12-year-old-boy was looking for or c) the pack was intended, but failed, to attract female players or d) the Nakitas visual design itself was the problem?
My feeling is that (e) the pack and the wave weren't built optimally. A unique Soulborg hero in that pack would have made it sell much better, IMO, and I think having two Soulborg boosters hurt it a little. I think the sculpts/paint could be better, but that's not the major issue.
Hi Paul! I gotta disagree partly with you. What made me not buy multiples of that pack (and almost not one) was that I was almost embarassed to bring home to my kids something with big cartoonish boobs. Second to that is the fact that everything was unique (no point in buying multiple uniques) and Sparticus' band is just to expensive to draft.

Side note. I had a bunch of kids playing one day. A friend's daughter picked up one fig and said "she has big boobs". Like, great what am I promoting? That's one gripe I always had about WotC products as well. Not all that family friendly.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was originally a fan of the commons in SotM, but Jexik has definitely won me over with his all unique Master sets argument. I think that, as he said, Master sets could be a great place for terrain mixed with large figures, unique heroes and squads, and some interesting terrain features. Then extra terrain could be sold in the terrain packs mentioned in this thread, and common squads and heroes could be in all boosters to make it easier to buy multiples of the ones you wanted (as long as distribution improved, anyway).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Quote:
Quote:
To Paul:

3. Comment & Suggestion: The reason buying multiple copies of RotV has been important to my group of friends are as follows 1.LOTS of hexes. 2. Lots of figures to modify. 3. Extra dice n' ruins. The only reason why we'd ever buy an extra RotV was if we wanted more stingers. A new master set that we would buy over and over would have to have 1. LOTS of hexes, 2. Lots of COMMON figures. 3. Extra objects n' junk.
1.Thanks.

3. We don't all agree on this point. Some people buy a new MS for hexes. Some buy it as an introduction to the game. Some (like me) just want to get up to date rules and new figures. I prefer for master sets to just contain unique units and perhaps some new terrain and LoS blockers, and some of those large figures that you're not sure where to release- Grimnak in particular was a figure that hooked me on the game. Great concept, and he hinted at the release of future figures. I think Sujoah and Zelrig would be right at home in a future Master Set.

When I want more common figures, I prefer for it not to come along with extra plastic hexes, order markers, rulebooks, etc. I don't want to spend 40 bucks just to get my 3rd and 4th Squad of Marro Stingers, and a bunch of stuff I won't use. I'd rather have a new Master set that gets me excited for/synergizes with the upcoming common figure waves.
MS 1 was 10 times more popular than MS 2 in our unofficial poll that we put up recently, and that's because people like the variety. The more commons (especially if doubled) that you put in an MS, the less variety that we'd see in the figures.
That's what I want! Not the multiples in SotM.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I was originally a fan of the commons in SotM, but Jexik has definitely won me over with his all unique Master sets argument. I think that, as he said, Master sets could be a great place for terrain mixed with large figures, unique heroes and squads, and some interesting terrain features. Then extra terrain could be sold in the terrain packs mentioned in this thread, and common squads and heroes could be in all boosters to make it easier to buy multiples of the ones you wanted (as long as distribution improved, anyway).
I have to disagree. In my house we have three Rise of the Valkyrie master sets, because we wanted extra terrain and ruins, and it's sad that the only thing we can do with the extra sets of figures is sell them on eBay. (No, I don't do repaints; probably never will have the time or talent.) On the other hand, we have only one Swarm of the Marro -- but I look forward to the day that I can afford another one, because of the terrain and mroe common squads. It gives me more reasons to want it, and less "leftover" stuff to purge via eBay.

Granted, there's a balance to be struck here. But it seems to me that, all other things being equal, a master set full of common squads has more repeat-purchase incentive than one that's full of unique squads, and for the health of the product line I think they will want each SKU to be as viable as possible, and we should want that too.
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Quote:
Quote:
To Paul:

1.Thanks.

That's what I want! Not the multiples in SotM.
Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I agree that a big variety of new uniques would be cooler than commons. But still, the reason I did not like SotM was mainly the terrain. Just didn't ahve the bang for the buck aspect of the original.. and I love long expanses of hex. And if you want the guys who are really into it to buy multiple copies you have to give them a reason. Like lots of hexes.
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM

AnakinOU has disabled reputation
[quote="DrRansom"]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I would like to know what WotC and Hasbro think of the Nakita problem. ...

My feeling is that (e) the pack and the wave weren't built optimally. A unique Soulborg hero in that pack would have made it sell much better, IMO, and I think having two Soulborg boosters hurt it a little. I think the sculpts/paint could be better, but that's not the major issue.
Hi Paul! I gotta disagree partly with you. What made me not buy multiples of that pack (and almost not one) was that I was almost embarassed to bring home to my kids something with big cartoonish boobs....

Side note. I had a bunch of kids playing one day. A friend's daughter picked up one fig and said "she has big boobs". Like, great what am I promoting? That's one gripe I always had about WotC products as well. Not all that family friendly.
Wow. I never thought anything along those lines. Are the Nakita agents shapely? Yeah. But not extremely so, and they are fully covered up (to the neck). I'ts pretty likely that you'd see much larger mammaries in any shopping mall/magazine/newspaper/TV show/movie in America, with more revealing outfits as well.

My problem with the Nakitas was the poor/nonexistant paint job. The little plastic "Homie" toys sold in vending machines have better paint jobs than the Nakitas, and they cost $0.25.
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill
Granted, there's a balance to be struck here. But it seems to me that, all other things being equal, a master set full of common squads has more repeat-purchase incentive than one that's full of unique squads, and for the health of the product line I think they will want each SKU to be as viable as possible, and we should want that too.
The less money I spend on repeat Master sets, the more money I'm spending on common boosters. And if the Master set is a "loss leader" (which it probably should be in order to have enough goodies to entice new buyers) is getting people to buy multiples really the goal? I would think the goal would be to sell enough Master sets, and many, many boosters. But, then, I'm not a marketing guy, so those decisions are best left in other hands.
All I know is that I'll be happier as a consumer if I don't have to get a lot of redundant plastic.
As to your ruins problem, that decision was probably a lot easier to make with RotV because you also wanted more terrain back then. If they make terrain only sets with, perhaps, some LOS blockers, I think that would alleviate this problem.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News