Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 21st, 2016, 03:04 PM

TechToaster Woo who?
Need to get in contact with Gen-Con tourny team!

Hey guys, so if you guys don't already know, in addition to the GenCon tourny (which obviously is going to overshadow AnimeFest, tis the nature of the beast), there is one other convention that is adopting AotP and Heroscape for a tournament scene, and that convention is Anime Fest which is held on August 17-20 in 2017... ironically the same exact dates as GenCon 50.

Anyways, to the meat of this topic, does anyone know how I can reach out to the folks who run (or ran) the AotP tournament at GenCon? I'd like to know what rules they used (or plan on using) and so on so that I can tailor the tournaments that I run in the same manner, that way people who play up in Indiana and those who play in Texas can safely say that they played under the same rules and as such carry the same prestige of being champion.
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:58 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!
Re: Need to get in contact with Gen-Con tourny team!

@TechToaster : @fomox ran both the Heroscape and AotP tourneys last year, not sure who is the main GM this year, but it is always a collaborative effort on event creation. However, I would really like to help organize and run the AotP tourneys this year. If I have any say, this is the preferred format I would like to do, posted on GenCon - 2017 ideas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
For Magic:AotP events, I think we should have two events, based off Gencon 2016 Feedback:
  • 600 point kill-em-all - standard pre-build tournament
  • 500 point kill the planeswalker - "mirror mirror" (Magic name for "reverse-the-whip"), where the last two games you swap armies/decks with your opponent and then swap back after the game before going to the next match and doing again.
Also, last year both Magic:Arena events were at bad times and I thought this hurt attendance. We should have one Friday and one Saturday, neither of them too late or conflicting the the Heroscape main event.
P.S. I posted a thread Magic:AotP at Gencon And Origins 2017 on Heroscapers and Planeswalkers-arena

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 11th, 2017 at 12:28 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion