Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Ok. I understand. I'll review them but I welcome and encourage you to bring them back after testing and modifications.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:40 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Would,

When a Varac Avenger attacks or defends against an attack, if you roll more symbols, place a vengeance marker on this card.

Work? It feels like less text.
Where is "symbol" defined?

Heroscape has always spelled out skulls and shields.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Would,

When a Varac Avenger attacks or defends against an attack, if you roll more symbols, place a vengeance marker on this card.

OK. Then it wouldn't.

Your suggestion is much better.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 14th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Would,

OK. Then it wouldn't.

Your suggestion is much better.
@SirGalahad .

Symbol is defined on figures such as Sir Gilbert and Laglor when you roll their respective General dice.
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

As is, most figures are completely incapable of actually harming these guys when they have 3 triumph counters. You *must* have at least 4 attack (and get very lucky), or have an auto destroy power, or one that deals at least 4 wounds at once (the only two units who can being Cyprien and DW7K). Those prevent quite a few armies from even being playable.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:41 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

FS, it sounds like Maklar is preparing to test and to workshop these guys elsewhere. I am sure he will engage with you when the time is right.

= =
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
FS, it sounds like Maklar is preparing to test and to workshop these guys elsewhere. I am sure he will engage with you when the time is right.
Whoops must've missed that. Bad FS, posting while grocery shopping :

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:51 PM

It's fine, of course. I just didn't want you to think people were ignoring you.

= =
Old December 14th, 2014, 09:07 PM

Just to be clear, my intention is only to clarify what's going on here for the purpose of entering the playtesting / workshopping stage. If this is really going to the SoV, you are welcome (and encouraged) to bring it back once you are prepared to submit it. I anticipate changes between now & then, but that's not a bad thing. That's healthy growth.

Quote:
Could I get some help with the wording for these guys' abilities?

Varac Avengers

Varac
Unique Squad (of 2)
Savages
Vengeful
Medium 5? Once again, I don't have the figures, so any help here from anyone who does is great.

Life - 1
Move - 7
Range - 1
Attack - 5
Defense - 5
Points - ???

Howl of Triumph - Whenever a Varac Avenger destroys a figure or defends against a figure's attack, place one triumph marker on this card. There can be no more than 3 triumph markers on this card.

Deadset Resilience - If a Varac Avenger receives one or more wounds, you may ignore one wound for each triumph marker on this card.

Last Stand of the Varac - After taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. Roll one additional attack die for each triumph marker removed from this card for the remainder of that turn.
Howl of Triumph - Whenever a Varac Avenger destroys a figure or defends against a figure's attack, place one triumph marker on this card. There can be no more than 3 triumph markers on this card.
I'm changing the name (a bit) and the operation of the power (a bit) in order to get you to a point where (a) it's more clear and (b) it's something that won't invite quite so many questions.
Triumphant Howl - If a Varac Avenger attacks a figure and destroys it, place one Triumph Marker on this card. If a Varac Avenger is attacked by an opponent's figure with a normal attack and takes no wounds, place one Triumph Marker on this card.
The "by an opponent's figure" is critical because of the interplay with this, more troublesome power:
Deadset Resilience - If a Varac Avenger receives one or more wounds, you may ignore one wound for each triumph marker on this card.
This power, mechanically, is going to give you trouble in the testing and workshopping phases. That's ok, I'm just going to try to get it ready to enter the gauntlet. Also "deadset" is not a word, which is why it doesn't look right on the page. And the way you appear to be using it, is somewhat redundant with "resilience," anyway.
Resilient - When rolling defense dice, a Varac Avenger adds one automatic shield for each Triumph Marker on this Army Card.
That's what you wrote. I anticipate it will be intolerable as you move through the process; I offer this thematic variation:
Resilient - After rolling defense dice, a Varac Avenger may remove a Triumph Marker from this Army Card to add one automatic shield to its roll.
It's still strong - much stronger than if you removed markers *before* you rolled - but the unit is not going to be rolling with three auto-shields, which would be silly.
Last Stand of the Varac - After taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. Roll one additional attack die for each triumph marker removed from this card for the remainder of that turn.
I like the theme here. Not much to add.
Last Stand of the Varac - If you have at least one Triumph Marker on this Army Card, after taking a turn with the Varac Avengers, you may remove all Triumph Markers from this Army Card and take one additional turn with the Varac Avengers. During that turn, the Varac Avengers roll one additional attack die for each Triumph Marker removed from this Army Card. At the end of that turn, destroy the Varac Avengers.
Thematically, I think that last bit is important. It also disposes neatly of the problem you will have that, with additional attack dice, your Avengers may otherwise be adding a bunch of markers. I also recommend you consider the option of giving them only one additional attack die with Last Stand.

These guys are very strong. Very, very strong. Giving them 5 defense and the possibility of earning 3 auto-shields is . . . *ahem* generous. If you are attached to this power set, I recommend starting them with 3/4 base stats. Even then, the potential for 3 auto-shields will be a lot.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 21st, 2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old December 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oops, I must have missed this. Bleh, stupid sickness. Thanks for looking them over, @Dad_Scaper ! I'll make sure to come back when I have a finished design.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

Just a random question for the workshop.

I read the first page and it looks like this is for editing the text of the card, making sure it all flows with heroscape wording, and helping people to make sure their grammar is correct. If I submit cards will people help a little with the balance of the card too?

Just wondering, I've not made cards/figures for Heroscape before and thought I'd ask.
Old December 29th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I could go

Well, if you make a thread people will generally try to help, but of course there is always the RL type of deal to worry about.

But, if there is something glaringly overpowered someone will probably say it. :whistles:

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards