Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old October 10th, 2014, 01:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 16 - ROUND 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If we run this format again, we will probably tweak it somewhat to reduce the incentive to get your own figures killed once you have an Escaped figure lead. Options would include (but are not limited to):
  • You are not allowed to target your own figures for attacks in this format.
  • If you destroy one of your own figures with an attack, that figure counts against your escaped point total.
  • Once one player's army is gone, the remaining figures in the other player's army score, but at 50% of their card value.
Please note that these are discussion points are are NOT rules that apply in this event.

That said, that particular game (vegie/belgarath) was more a function of a deeply unbalanced matchup and one player who didn't quite understand the implications of the format. (Ironically, belgarath put together almost a perfect build for the Escape format without understanding what he had done!) No other game has gone down that way and I wouldn't expect it to happen often.
My game with MegaSilver almost worked out that way (with the help of Wannok). I did start killing my own figures, and if I had done it right, it was almost a guaranteed win.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old October 10th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Well, belgarath and I just finished one of the wackiest games I have ever played. I had Cyprien, Nicholas, Deathstrike Thralls x4, Sonya, and Isamu, while he had Shurrak, Marcu, and Fire Elementals x8. I opened with Cyprien, and a bad Eternal Hatred roll forced Marcu into a corner of the map. Cyprien swooped in on his second turn and escaped. After I lost a turn on Cyprien, Nicholas went coast to coast with an overextend and fled from the same place his brother did. My next two turns were on the Deathstrikes, and I used Return to the Grave on the rest of my army to end the game while I had a lead on points. Strangely enough, this is the first game I have ever won where I never attacked an enemy and only my own figures.
Looking over your chat log, it seems you choose not to roll for Vanish at one point, but isn't Vanish a mandatory power?
Vanish doesn't say may or must, so it's kind of a gray area. I talked to Kevindola before the game and he told me that the organizers ruled that Vanish was optional, but if you roll for it you have to use your roll. I went with that ruling.

As for my thoughts on the format, I will wait until the week is over to say anything since I want to see how other people play their games. My opinion of it may be extreme.
Old October 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Online Season 16 - SIGN UP UNTIL 10/8

I'll be back next season. I was a little to busy to do this one. Have fun guys!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
The Dysole v. dok pool of half-armies is:
* Zombies of Morindan x5, Quorik Warwitch, Kursus
* Marro Dividers x4, Jarek Guy, Elaria the Pale, Van Nessing
* Microcorp Troopers x3, Agent Skahen, Heirloom, Otonashi
* Zettian Infantry x3, Deathcommander Mark 3, Warden 816, Marro Warriors
Dysole chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.
Planning on playing Tuesday.

... but go ahead and take a look at the game when you get a chance. Dysole, seeking to capture the magic of his Rygarn/Microcorp army from S15, declared that he would have Rygarn on the sideline to cheer the Microcorp on. Not wanting to give Dysole a monopoly on Rygarn mojo, I enlisted Soundwarp-SG1, who kindly provided me with a zombie Rygarn and a zombie invasion TARDIS for my sideline.
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:52 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Personally gonna have to say that this is an extremely poor format. Combat wise I decimated Vegie's dad (who also agreed the format is silly) and he suicided his B-11s at Kaemon Awa. He killed most of his army once he had the lead, it is just not HEROSCAPE to me.

Straight up Deathmatch for me please, no more of these silly objectives.

I almost didn't do this tournament due to the objective based matches. I hope this is taken into consideration into the future.

And please. Whatever you do. Do not run this "kill your own guys" format or one similar to it again. please...

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:

... but go ahead and take a look at the game when you get a chance. Dysole, seeking to capture the magic of his Rygarn/Microcorp army from S15, declared that he would have Rygarn on the sideline to cheer the Microcorp on. Not wanting to give Dysole a monopoly on Rygarn mojo, I enlisted Soundwarp-SG1, who kindly provided me with a zombie Rygarn and a zombie invasion TARDIS for my sideline.
That's epic! Again, those epic figures must be saved for future use!
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death! vegietarian18 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
Personally gonna have to say that this is an extremely poor format. Combat wise I decimated Vegie's dad (who also agreed the format is silly) and he suicided his B-11s at Kaemon Awa. He killed most of his army once he had the lead, it is just not HEROSCAPE to me.

Straight up Deathmatch for me please, no more of these silly objectives.

I almost didn't do this tournament due to the objective based matches. I hope this is taken into consideration into the future.

And please. Whatever you do. Do not run this "kill your own guys" format or one similar to it again. please...
Vegie Dad here
My opponent and I were playing two different games. I don't usually mind alternate formats, but everyone needs to understand the game objectives and how to achieve them. I felt like I was cheating at the end.
Old October 11th, 2014, 12:11 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Its not cheating. It was a stab at a new format. Some like it, others don't. That is how it goes. The key is understanding the objectives and reaching them. Treasure quest never felt like heroscape to me either....but its a fun twist every now and then. It is bringing more armies that aren't seen very often that can compete not only in an escape format, but also other formats as well.

The "killing your own guys" will definitely be taken into account for the future seasons per a few requests. Understanding the objectives and possibilities is key for winning each of the rounds of this tournament. Some players have had a better idea than others at how to accomplish the objectives (which is what happens in every new format).
Old October 11th, 2014, 05:05 AM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

That's epic! Again, those epic figures must be saved for future use!
I've thought about getting a set of 'player 2' alternate color schemes for every figure up in a doc somewhere, figured it's easier to tell apart than using discs or numbers or whatever. I've already got a few (Jolly Green Jotun, Commie Airborne and company, Jandar infiltration Isamu, Burt and Ernie Zombie Hulks), I might try to put something together if anyone thinks they'll actually use it.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 11th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

The templates are now updated with all official VC figures, for those who brought the new guys.

Old October 12th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Dr. Goo and I just finished up:

Who needs Raelin as we both decided to pass on the two armies that used her:

kevindola v. Dr.Goomonkey
* Shaolin Monks x3, Master Win Chiu Woo, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Fyorlag Spiders x4, Sujoah, Wyvern, Otonashi
* Hoplitron x3, Marrden Nagrubs x2, Tor-Kul-Na, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Grok Riders x2, Johnny ""Shotgun"" Sullivan, Me-Burq-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa

I won initiative and claimed Valda which I held the entire game. Dr. G put all his OMs on Sullivan who was talon grabbed and surrounded. He survived one barrage to shotgun 2 spiders and a 1 wound on the Wyvern, but not the 2nd round of attacks.

I won an initiative and was able to get a Poison attack on MBS that did 2 wounds, but didn't kill him. Dr. G got a few mark of the warlord attack on Sujoah but only managed 3 wounds at which time I escaped with her.

It came down to Ne-Gok-Sa and a squad of Groks against about 7 spiders, Oto, and 1 wound Wyvern. Dr. Goo was able to escape with Ne-Gok-Sa and put another couple of wounds on the Wyvern, but his 3 Grok Riders didn't survive to make it across the board. I won with a final score of 211-90. I had 4 spiders, 1 life Wyvern, and Oto still on the board.

kevindola
Attack rolls: 29 out of 52 (55.77%)
Defense rolls: 11 out of 50 (22%)
Time used: 0h, 12m, 44s

Dr.Goomonkey
Attack rolls: 32 out of 51 (62.75%)
Defense rolls: 13 out of 44 (29.55%)
Time used: 0h, 18m, 3s
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:43 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Totally crazy game against Infectedsloth. I'm beginning to think I am cursed to end all my games with very stressful endgames !

My spiders/wyvern army got totally destroyed by IS' hounds, who was rolling really hot attack dice the whole game (65%). However, I managed to escape a 1-life Wyvern through a tiny little gap in IS defense and then boom, I was suddenly winning 100-0.

It was a big turnover ! I only had 1 spider, Estivara and Marcu left. I suicided the spider, Estivara died, and then I hoped I could escape Marcu before IS could take the lead...

IS escaped a full squad of Marrden Hounds : no worries, that's only 90 points, I'm still winning. I grab the angry vampire and get close to IS... Then next thing I know I roll a 20 with eternal hatred. NOOOO! IS gently puts Marcu in my start zone, he only needs to roll higher than 6 with Wild Pack Movement to get one more hound into my zone and take the win.

He rolls a 5.

Yessss.

I take the last turn of the round, replace right Marcu right were he was and we're at it again. I win the initiative (big win, if IS had won he could have slipped just passed Marcu and win) and I tell myself ''ok get the height on this one, kill it, then you fly to his start zone and you win''.
And then I roll ANOTHER 20 !

IS puts me to the back of my start zone again and rolls for Wild Pack Movement... 3. This is crazy !!
On my turn I go back to my place and hope for another whiff, but then IS rolls well for Wild Pack, slips right past Marcu and wins it 120-100.

Congratulations Infectedsloth ! That was a great game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events