Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Aug-2014 HSers Upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
And now the 'wide' layout option has suddenly changed to the same size as the default layout, is that just me? It wasn't like that like 2 minutes ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The "wide" and "discreet and fast-loading" display formats seem to no longer be scaling to the width of the window. This just happened recently as this had been working this morning post-upgrade.
I was just about to report this same issue.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quoting a message with a quote block no longer nests the previous quote block in the new one. I have seen this behavior on other forums and I find it intensely annoying, as it makes conversation threads hard to maintain. At the very least, quote-nesting should be an option.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quoting a message with a quote block no longer nests the previous quote block in the new one. I have seen this behavior on other forums and I find it intensely annoying, as it makes conversation threads hard to maintain. At the very least, quote-nesting should be an option.
It's on purpose. Sometimes it will be nice, and sometimes it will not. Some sort of option would be nice.

--
--
--

--
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:11 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It's on purpose. Sometimes it will be nice, and sometimes it will not. Some sort of option would be nice.
What's on purpose?

~HS2010, wondering if he'll get his minor point across.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:14 PM

If you scroll up, you'll see what your post (and this one ) is in response to.

~caps, getting another minor point across

--
--
--

--
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:

I'm lazy, remember?

An what if it's from the last page?

...I think it's alright, as someone could always click on the "arrow" if the post is on the previous page (continually until he gets to the original post) but like dok said, I think it should be an option.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The 'you have posted in this thread (but there are no new posts)' icon appears to have switched to what I assume is the default vBulletin option (an orange or blue envelope), at least for me.

EDIT: the 'Forum contains no new posts' icon has changed as well

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I notice too that there's just a thin line to separate a post from a sig. Makes it look like a a giant post. That's something I'll have to get used to.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:

What if the response is only in response to one part of the post, which was cut out of a much larger post?

Some of us (I'm an extreme example but not the only one) manage our nested quotes to try to maximize the readability of a long conversation thread. The new settings make that harder. That's bad.

I don't mind too much if this is the default "quote" setting, although I'll find that annoying as I'm sure people responding to me will often lose the previous context and I'll have to choose between restoring that context or letting it die. But as long as there's an option to get the whole quote history I'll be satisfied.
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The location of the Rep button has changed (to below the user's avatar). I like that it doesn't take you to a new screen.

Also, when you read a PM, you can type a reply without having to click "reply". Plus the original PM is already there in quote boxes for you. Little things like that are great.
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Dysole @The Grim Reaper's Friend @heroscaper2010 @Viegon @Soundwarp SG-1 @capsocrates @dok @MegaSilver

I added your issues, starting at #9 in the OP. Rather than multi-quote and reply, I'll just copy them here. Please have a look and please respond if appropriate (not necessary for most of them).
  • [BUG] In narrow themes, badges don't wrap. FIXED.
  • [BUG] Poor wrapping of user info in narrow themes. FIXED.
  • [BUG] Wide themes are no longer wide. FIXED. The previous two fixes broke this temporarily.
  • [REQUEST]Add ability to turn off @ notifications I can turn this on/off globally, not per user. Thoughts on whether this should be on by default? A paid option exists (~$50) that lets each user turn this on/off.
  • [BUG] Upper content area of profile page hard to read. Will fix. Affects non fast-loading themes.
  • [BUG] Missing images in top-right of two boxes on profile page. FIXED. Was a bug in the jungle theme.
  • [BUG] Profile page Group Membership needs better formatting for those with a lot of memberships Will fix.
  • [BUG] Details of mentions in private forums truncated if you don't have access to the forum. Can't change this. The author of the mentions system indicates how it displays is intended behavior.
  • [BUG] Unexpected space after username in a mention. Can't change this.
  • [BUG] Would like nested quotes to return. I can put a hack in to re-enable this. I think I'll put a poll up to see what is preferred behavior. (I may need to do that for a few things on this list).
  • [BUG] The 'you have posted in this thread (but there are no new posts)' and 'Forum contains no new posts' icons are not using a 'scapey theme. I'm not see this. Can anyone confirm this? Screenshot?
  • [BUG] The signature separator line seems kinda insubstantial. Will fix.

Thanks for the reports.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:56 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Are you not seeing the "Mentioned" feature, TGRF? It seems that your screenshot doesn't depict it.
I'm seeing it. Not sure why it didn't show up in the screenshot, that's weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
  • [BUG] The 'you have posted in this thread (but there are no new posts)' and 'Forum contains no new posts' icons are not using a 'scapey theme. I'm not see this. Can anyone confirm this? Screenshot?

Thanks for the reports.
The icons next to the threads look the same as they did before the update. (Still colored hexes) I am seeing no difference.
~TGRF.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online