Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Thanks for the picture R˙chean.

They look really cool, but not that much like Marro--too human in too many features.
Well, we got the Havechs, so thing's changed...
Old April 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Looks like the minis are unpainted and require some assembly. That's a no-go.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old April 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

I have them... Only partially assembled and unpainted.

They're nice, and the kickstarter price was good for what it is (lower level hobby miniatures) but the material (Mantic's "restic") has a reputation for taking a lot of effort to clean mold lines and glue together.
Definitely a different category of product than 'scape figures IMHO.

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:42 PM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just throwing this out there for you custom figure/card authors... Any thoughts about making a unique hero with a "warrior's spirit" power that would allow a unique card it was placed on to ignore wounds?

I'm thinking of something akin to the mezzos/incendiborgs ignore damage markers, where this unique hero's figure (once he is killed) would be placed on a unique figure's card, and used in that fashion; when a figure receives wounds, you would remove the hero figure from the card to ignore them!

I haven't put much thought into if/how this could break figures or anything... just an idea. I feel like it could be a nice thing for low life units like dw9k, or maybe even zettian guards?

Also, forgive me if this has come up before, I wasn't going to read through 200+ pages of suggestions, not enough time, lol.
Old April 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

This figure of TYR from Heroclix Thor: the Dark World is a common, going for about $1.00.

Troll and Toad has 20 in stock for 60-cents each.
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1045639.html

Tyr #006 Thor: The Dark World Gravity Feed Marvel Heroclix

There are other suppliers on eBay selling him for about $1.00.

I have this figure and he lines up well with other Heroscape Knights and medium humans.

Arch-vile had some ideas for a figure for General-wide synergy for Aquilla and this figure fits the color scheme well.

I have ideas for stats, and I could round up the stock at Troll & Toad and other suppliers. If I can get 40+ units in stock, is that enough for C3V?
Old April 17th, 2014, 03:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
This figure of TYR from Heroclix Thor: the Dark World is a common, going for about $1.00.

I have this figure and he lines up well with other Heroscape Knights and medium humans.

Arch-vile had some ideas for a figure for General-wide synergy for Aquilla and this figure fits the color scheme well.

I have ideas for stats, and I could round up the stock at Troll & Toad and other suppliers. If I can get 40+ units in stock, is that enough for C3V?
Rule of thumb is about 75 figures available for a unique hero like this. I think they'd prefer to see a few more, but that price does seem good.
Old April 17th, 2014, 03:49 PM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

Do you mean SoV?

--

--
Maps Customs Trades
Old April 17th, 2014, 03:54 PM

SoV or C3V ... either way.

I am not on the C3V team but if they'll take my recommendations, that's fine.

I am already using this figure in a custom squad that the NW Customs team has designed - but more low-cost 'Scape for the overall community the better.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:43 PM

If you can find availability for 75+ miniatures that will be useful information, but nothing more than that can be guaranteed at that time. You are always welcome, like everyone else, to submit a design to SoV.

--

--
Maps Customs Trades
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:20 PM

Fine, I will go make my own design and submit to SoV.
Old April 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but I tend to trawl through figures on Miniature Market and THIS GUY has either flown way under my radar or just got a sudden spike of availability.

Looks like he'd fit pretty fair on a double-base and on top of that there are 139 FIGURES IN STOCK at Miniature Market alone! Considering how scarce a lot of Confrontation units are, I think this guy is a hidden gem. Might be worth looking into!
Just an update here - availability dropped for a while but it's recently back up to 56 units. I suspect it's a lot like the Starter Set where they have a few cases of them that they break open at different times and add to stock - big opportunity here! Make him a mutant from Arctorus or something...
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:30 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Pathfinder's Reign of Winter set comes out in a week, so it's probably a good time to start watching the secondary market to see which commons/uncommons are available in suitable quantities.

My personal favorites among the commons/uncommons:

Crone Queen (uncommon) - Use her as an ice witch, perhaps?
Drakelands Barbarian (common) - I'd love to see him as an albino orc champion.
Maftet (common)
Pale Tower Guard (common) - He might be a good candidate for a "spirit"-type power that was mentioned a few pages back.
Winter Guard Falconer (uncommon) - I think it'd be cool to see another Sonlen-like hero.
Zombie Panther (common) - I have no idea what to do with this mini, I just like it.
Winter Wolf (uncommon) - I don't know if it'll fit on a double base, and I don't know it it'll even be available in sufficient numbers, but it would be an awesome pack leader/alpha for the wolves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs