Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
I read A Universe from Nothing: Why There is Something Rather than Nothing by Lawrence Krauss. It was a really interesting read about the more recent findings of cosmology. I really enjoyed it.

Also finished off The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It is a book about a cell line grown from cancerous cells taken without consent. It goes on an interesting story of the life of Henrietta and then here cells and family, as well as gets a bit into the changing world of ethics in medicine and science, and about where we now are with informed consent and who owns our cells when they are out of our body. An interesting read as well.
I've been using Marro cells without consent for years. All they seem to do is divide...well about 20% of the time anyway....
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:28 AM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I finally have time to read again, I love it. I've read Star Wars: Annihilation and Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian. Both were good but not excellent like other novels by Karpyshyn and Colfer. I'm halfway through Star Wars: X-Wing: Mercy Kill and once that's done I'm going to read First Blood by David Morell. Winter break is treating me well.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:47 AM

Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Bought Sun Tzu's Art of War today. Already on the third "chapter." I find it informtive.
It was quite the interesting read, I have read once before.

I recently finished the Hobbit (again) and I'm now about to start on the Silmarillion (for the third time). I've been listening to Corey Olson's podcasts and it's definitely getting me back into Middle Earth.

100% Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished World War Z by Max Brooks. I'm not necessarily a big zombie fan, but I realy enjoyed the way he portrayed this pretty realistically through interviews with "survivors." I definitely makes it seem like something that could happen. I'd recommend it.

I've also preordered A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan. I've been reading the series since 1991, so I've been waiting on this one for a long time.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I've also preordered A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan. I've been reading the series since 1991, so I've been waiting on this one for a long time.
I only started reading the series this year, and I've been tearing through it, not-so eagerly awaiting the conclusion (I don't want it to end). Now I've got to find a bookstore that has a copy of A Crown of Swords before I collapse from boredom.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Rently finished reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for myself at about e same time I finished reading The Hobbit to my son in utero. Now I'm reading him LotR (slowly) and for myself I'm reading The Rook, which I believe someone here recommended recently.

Also, Two Years Before the Mast. I started it a few months ago and I'm still going through it.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM

Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker Garenex knows what's in an order marker

Well, I changed my mind and instead of the Silmarillion again I'm starting Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, by Corey Olson (as I received it for Christmas). It's pretty fascinating how in depth he goes into the Hobbit. This book and his podcasts are both highly recommended.

100% Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Well, I changed my mind and instead of the Silmarillion again I'm starting Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, by Corey Olson (as I received it for Christmas). It's pretty fascinating how in depth he goes into the Hobbit. This book and his podcasts are both highly recommended.
Do you have a link to the podcasts (non itunes preferably)? I listen to 5-6 hours of audio drama, audiobooks, and podcasts a day, and this sounds like its right up my alley.
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Just finished up A Storm of Swords and moving on to book 4 in the Song of Fire and Ice series. I can't get enough of these.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Do you have a link to the podcasts (non itunes preferably)? I listen to 5-6 hours of audio drama, audiobooks, and podcasts a day, and this sounds like its right up my alley.
http://www.tolkienprofessor.com/wp/a...ofessor-olsen/
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
http://www.tolkienprofessor.com/wp/a...ofessor-olsen/
I listened to some of these on the drive for my anniversary trip and really enjoyd them. Thanks for mentioning them!

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

A fun Star Trek based satire with an amusing twist.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books