Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 11th, 2010, 02:20 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Re: I'm new. A little advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockaroundGuy View Post
One last, stupid question:

What exactly (figure-wise) do you get in the RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET? The product description I have is: 30 painted figures, 8 24 -hex tiles, 10 7-hex tiles, 10 3 hex-tiles, 10 2-hex tiles, 26 1-hex tiles, 21 water tiles, 2 ruins, 16 army cards, 10 glyphs, 24 wound markers, grenade marker, 16 order markers, round marker, 12 combat dice, 20-sided die and 2nd edition rules. But it doesn't actually have what monsters the figs are.
Mimring - large coppery red dragon with a fire breath attack
Deathwalker 9000 - large killer robot with explosive attack
Zettian Guards - pair of smaller killer robots
Grimnak - an orc riding a T-rex that can chomp his enemies whole
Tarn Viking Warriors - squad of 4 Viking warriors
Finn the Viking Champion - viking hero that can boost an ally's attack
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - viking hero that can boost an ally's defense
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior - winged hottie that boosts defense of allies
Izumi Samurai - squad of 3 feudal Japanese samurai
Krav Maga Agents - squad of 3 Men In Black looking agents
Sgt. Drake Alexander - WWII soldier with grapple gun and katana
Agent Carr - futuristic agent that can move through other figures, also has a katana
Airborne Elite - squad of 4 WWII paratroopers
Syvarris - elf archer
Marro Warriors - squad of 4 alien creatures with cloning abilities
Ne-Gok-Sa - a marro hero that can gain mental control of his enemies

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:21 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

What exactly (figure-wise) do you get in the RISE OF THE VALKYRIE MASTER SET? The product description I have is: 30 painted figures, 8 24 -hex tiles, 10 7-hex tiles, 10 3 hex-tiles, 10 2-hex tiles, 26 1-hex tiles, 21 water tiles, 2 ruins, 16 army cards, 10 glyphs, 24 wound markers, grenade marker, 16 order markers, round marker, 12 combat dice, 20-sided die and 2nd edition rules. But it doesn't actually have what monsters the figs are.
Go to this page. It's the Books of Heroscape which has everything you need to know about each unit. Also, in the first post units are sorted, and you can look in the "Wave and Pack" area to see which units are in each set. Just look for Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, it's the first list.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.

EDIT: Crap! My first ninja
That's alright, your link is better, it lets him look at everything where as mine needed 2 sites. I forgot about the various orginization list in the Books of thread. I normally search by A-Z order since I know pretty much what figure goes where. Another instance of us longer users taking something for granted)
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:23 AM

KnockaroundGuy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks guys.

You've all been so helpful.
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:23 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
Quote:

Mimring - large coppery red dragon with a fire breath attack
Deathwalker 9000 - large killer robot with explosive attack
Zettian Guards - pair of smaller killer robots
Grimnak - an orc riding a T-rex that can chomp his enemies whole
Tarn Viking Warriors - squad of 4 Viking warriors
Finn the Viking Champion - viking hero that can boost an ally's attack
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - viking hero that can boost an ally's defense
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior - winged hottie that boosts defense of allies
Izumi Samurai - squad of 3 feudal Japanese samurai
Krav Maga Agents - squad of 3 Men In Black looking agents
Sgt. Drake Alexander - WWII soldier with grapple gun and katana
Agent Carr - futuristic agent that can move through other figures, also has a katana
Airborne Elite - squad of 4 WWII paratroopers
Syvarris - elf archer
Marro Warriors - squad of 4 alien creatures with cloning abilities
Ne-Gok-Sa - a marro hero that can gain mental control of his enemies
Then of cours there are the over ambitous members that will actully look the information up for you Nice work Megadev, I'm sure he will appreciate not hunting it down himself. +rep for taking the time.

Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Dang for the first time I'm empty, someone hit this guy with some rep for me.
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:29 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We jumped into Heroscape in April with the Swarm of the Marro. Had lots of fun. Then we bought the D&D set for the extra terrain. Then I scored a set of Marvel Heroscape figures on Ebay rather inexpensively-- the superheroes frequently show up in our games. They're great fun! Especially the Hulk! One thing that I've noticed is that the superheroes are really powerful compared to most other HS figures, so be careful when building armies-- things can get one-sided pretty easily if you don't take care to balance the opposing armies.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:52 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site/sight. Anyways, go for Rise of the Valkyrie. It's by FAR the best one out there in terms of not only figures but terrain as well. Then go for some of the expansions. Wave 1 is a must in my book with the romans and gruts to have something to go with your T-rex riding orc. That's how I'd start out.
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Then of cours there are the over ambitous members that will actully look the information up for you Nice work Megadev, I'm sure he will appreciate not hunting it down himself. +rep for taking the time.
Any self-respecting long-time 'scaper should not have to look up this information. It should be firmly implanted in your brain by now.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Quote:
Any self-respecting long-time 'scaper should not have to look up this information. It should be firmly implanted in your brain by now.
I got my first set, which was Marvel, in december so I'm not a long term Scaper Also I don't have a RotV set yet, thus I have the need to look it up. I did find everything except for the figures at a swap meet though for $7, so I have all the terrain, version1 dice and water, all the glyphs, ruins and mimring minus the card. So now I'm just biding my time until I can find a RotV I can afford.
Old October 31st, 2010, 10:22 AM

Syrass Woo who?

Tagging this post as the OP is from my home town (apparently).

Mindgames in civic has a b it of newer stock in atm - might be worth checking out. I have also been doing a bit of internet buying, but if you have any other local sources, I would love for you to share.

(sorry for ressurecting an old post)
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:39 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I'm also quite new with HS, just about 3 months. Got my D&D set 2 month ago along with the Wave D1 boosters and then my RotV last month. My advise would be to play with it for some time and try to assess what you like better. Personally, I kind'a regret getting the D&D set. Not that it was bad or I didn't enjoy playing it but rather I find myself leaning toward 'squadscape'. I find that my RotV + Castle terrain-tiles was sufficient for most of my games but am lacking with common squads. So if you feel that you're a hero-base gamer, go for the RotV+D&D combo. But if you find yourself in the same boat as I am, then RotV plus SotM or booster packs are the way to go.
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:41 PM

AceofShadows is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got my first set, which was Marvel, in december so I'm not a long term Scaper Also I don't have a RotV set yet, thus I have the need to look it up. I did find everything except for the figures at a swap meet though for $7, so I have all the terrain, version1 dice and water, all the glyphs, ruins and mimring minus the card. So now I'm just biding my time until I can find a RotV I can afford.
If you're only interested in the figures, I'm sure you can find them on Auggies for dirt cheep. I'm not exactly sure of the prices, but all of them together shouldn't be more than $10.

Back on topic. I'd say that Wave One has some of the coolest looking figures in the game, not to mention easy to get thanks to the reprint. I would definitely reccomend it with the ROTV, though it is abit harder to find. I would suggest the Trade Thread, where you can also buy instead of trade. The terrain expansions are abit harder to get now, except for the castle expansion, but they really make the battlefield so much awesomer (if that's a word). Welcome to the Plastic Addiction!

Ace
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

ROTV is far and away the best. If you have any one Master Set, you'll have all of the general stuff you need to play--order markers, casualty markers, dice, and some terrain.

Marvel is fun and compatible for play, but not "Officially" allowed in many group tournaments--you may not care about this, but it has the least terrain as well.

This site has everything you'll need to know, but it may take you a while to find it. There is a Question Dump in the Official Section, where you can post any type of question without anyone telling you you are posting in the wrong place!

WELCOME!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion