Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: Brandis Skyhunter Pre-Release Discussion

Yup. He should make a great clean up figure against a hero heavy army. When they have all been wounded he comes in and can get the multiple attacks although it's not quite that simple. But it is still a nice figure to do so.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

At first I was thinking he would also own the vampires, since stealth flying counts, but I'm not sure he could actually hang with Cyprien 1v1. He certainly might get an attack of 5 if he had the initiative, but after that, it should be adjacent and all Cyprien. Perhaps he'd be willing to take disengagement rolls to keep attacking bigger? I'm not sure on the math here.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I think the best thing about Brandis, from a tourney prospective, is his price tag. I can see some armies wanting a cleanup figure or a bit of ranged support at 90 points, when they can't reach the Krav at 100.
I'd rather have Atlaga in that scenario. Brandis has 1 more Life, 5 Attack against non-adjacent flying figs, and a slim chance at multiple attacks, but Atlaga has 4 Attack against everyone, better mobility AND a 1 in 4 chance at hitting the win-button.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
I think the best thing about Brandis, from a tourney prospective, is his price tag. I can see some armies wanting a cleanup figure or a bit of ranged support at 90 points, when they can't reach the Krav at 100.
I'd rather have Atlaga in that scenario. Brandis has 1 more Life, 5 Attack against non-adjacent flying figs, and a slim chance at multiple attacks, but Atlaga has 4 Attack against everyone, better mobility AND a 1 in 4 chance at hitting the win-button.
Maybe, but I think the extra life and threat range go a long way for Brandis. Remember that Kyrie Leadership is built into Atlaga's 90 Points and, if you have no Kyrie, you're not using it.

(Of course, Brandis' abilities are built into the 90 Points, too, and they aren't used all that often).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:57 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe, but I think the extra life and threat range go a long way for Brandis. Remember that Kyrie Leadership is built into Atlaga's 90 Points and, if you have no Kyrie, you're not using it.

(Of course, Brandis' abilities are built into the 90 Points, too, and they aren't used all that often).
?? They are both Range 5, Move 5, so their threat range is the same (assuming that means what I think it means). I'd even say that Atlaga has a better threat range, since Flying means that he can ignore elevation gains and move a full 5 hexes in any direction. Unless you're refering to Brandis' chance at taking another turn, in which case I concede that that does expand his threat range beyond what Atlaga can attain in a single turn.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus

?? They are both Range 5, Move 5, so their threat range is the same (assuming that means what I think it means). I'd even say that Atlaga has a better threat range, since Flying means that he can ignore elevation gains and move a full 5 hexes in any direction. Unless you're refering to Brandis' chance at taking another turn, in which case I concede that that does expand his threat range beyond what Atlaga can attain in a single turn.
Brandis definitely has 6 Move. I know Atlaga flies, but he can only ever strike at max 10 range hexes away. Brandis can get 11 on flat/descending ground.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

Skyhunter has 6 move.

Last edited by Dysole; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: My post is useless due to ninja cacti.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus

Brandis definitely has 6 Move. I know Atlaga flies, but he can only ever strike at max 10 range hexes away. Brandis can get 11 on flat/descending ground.
I stand corrected. I'd still take Atlaga, though that's largely because I'm a BotWW junkie.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

I think he looks so cool, and is probably my fav so far this wave.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 23rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
I think he looks so cool, and is probably my fav so far this wave.
Eh, what do you know? You're from San Francico.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; February 23rd, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: . . . according to your listed "Location," anyway.
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Lets think about units that Brandis will absouloutly destroy.
Charos
Raelin
Atlaga
Air elementals (I know they are common)
other flying units

that seems like some pretty powerful units in that list and I would not mind having an anti Raelin in a tournament army.
Oh, I definitely see the usefulness of 5+ Attack dice against flying figures, but let's face it: if he's too effective, there are usually ways for an opponent to avoid Brandis's best-case or second-best-case scenario. I'm just worried that the limitations on him outweigh the benefits.

And Raelin? I dunno, killer. If Brandis's 5-Range Attack can hit Raelin, LOTS of figures could do that job. The question is "What does Brandis do better than any of them?" Kill dragons, maybe...
At his cost? Lay down attack dice on flyers behind a screen. He's also decently more durable than syv. Sure he's bad when engaged...so don't let him. He seems like a unit that requires some careful planning, but greatly rewards you.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenmeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Lets think about units that Brandis will absouloutly destroy.
Charos
Raelin
Atlaga
Air elementals (I know they are common)
other flying units

that seems like some pretty powerful units in that list and I would not mind having an anti Raelin in a tournament army.
Oh, I definitely see the usefulness of 5+ Attack dice against flying figures, but let's face it: if he's too effective, there are usually ways for an opponent to avoid Brandis's best-case or second-best-case scenario. I'm just worried that the limitations on him outweigh the benefits.

And Raelin? I dunno, killer. If Brandis's 5-Range Attack can hit Raelin, LOTS of figures could do that job. The question is "What does Brandis do better than any of them?" Kill dragons, maybe...
At his cost? Lay down attack dice on flyers behind a screen. He's also decently more durable than syv. Sure he's bad when engaged...so don't let him. He seems like a unit that requires some careful planning, but greatly rewards you.
That power goes with the rules in DnD where if you are engaged with a bow your attack is worse. Nice job designers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units