Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old December 31st, 2016, 12:38 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G CityScape

Just something I put together out of the back of a legal pad. All cardboard and paint with tape to make the lids hinge until I find a better solution.

Added a slip of cardboard to the bottom that fits the gap between two hexes perfectly to hold it in place. These dumpsters are two hexes in length. They are the large construction site ones. I plan on adding a Damage Control sticker to them...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 31st, 2016, 12:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Those came out nice japes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So @Tornado , I've had a new thought. I picked up 2 $5 sets of the AotP mainly for the boards. We thought they would make great travel map packs. Then I heard that the newer release had a two sided map so I had the idea of creating an urban map for the back of the AotP boards. I've come up with a layout that is fairly modular. I'm hunting for a scan of one of the two sided tiles so I can make sure my template works. The way I figure it I only need to make three tiles for the base set and print two of each and that gives me the option of a city block with roads around the perimeter, and intersection with four corners, and a street down the middle. That's just in the base 2x3 configuration. As an expansion I'm going to create two more tiles (the other straight, and a now road piece) and that will be enough to create several unique 3x3 boards to make a lager city block.

Just keeping you posted. I'm going to use my current work just shaped to the tiles. 11x17 prints work great for the tiles so 2x8.5x11 versions can be made as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 30th, 2017, 07:44 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not quite following you.

You want to use the current maps or want to create new ones to overlay on the old or new ones inspired by the original?

I think the maps are too big to scan with a standard scanner but I am fairly certain I have unopened maps since I have two of each set. I can probably let you have them or I can try to get some pics.

Let me know.

My crew is planning a fairly epic Gen Con trip this year and I am thinking about going all out and creating an awesome city map to take with me. Good chance I will be working on buildings over the next half year or so.

Plus I always get a little more excited and motivated when I see what Grish has done.
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am not quite following you.

You want to use the current maps or want to create new ones to overlay on the old or new ones inspired by the original?

I think the maps are too big to scan with a standard scanner but I am fairly certain I have unopened maps since I have two of each set. I can probably let you have them or I can try to get some pics.

Let me know.

My crew is planning a fairly epic Gen Con trip this year and I am thinking about going all out and creating an awesome city map to take with me. Good chance I will be working on buildings over the next half year or so.

Plus I always get a little more excited and motivated when I see what Grish has done.
I'm creating new overlays based off of my previous work to put on the back of the Base set of AotP boards. The original base game only had a map on one side but the expansion game had maps on both sides. Of course you couldn't mix and match sides because they wouldn't interlock. Someone on here scanned in the base set tiles but I haven't found any scans of the other set that has the inverse pattern. If someone has a 11x17 scanner they can scan both sides of a tile and I can use that to align my templates. I have a scanner at work that does 11x17 but I don't have those maps. The main problem I had with my existing city maps is that the tiles don't interlock so they basically just sit tight until someone bumps it. My thoughts are that if I print them out and stick them to the back of the AotP boards a little trimming of the print out and I can use the interlocking aspect of the tiles to hold the streets together.

P.S. If you have no use for the boards then I'd gladly take them.

Old November 30th, 2017, 09:49 AM
A Man of Taste

Quick mock-Up to show you what I mean...these are approximately the same proportions of the base tiles. Imagine that the blue colored areas are asphalt roads and the blank area is concrete slab that could be left open or have a building sitting on it...This is with 2 copies of 3 different tiles.

City Block...

Cross Street...

Intersection...

Offset intersection...This one could have starting zones in opposite corners.

Four of the many layouts that could be created quickly...the tiles are approximately 9ish" by 14ish" so the whole 2x3 map is 27"x28" with just the six tiles. pretty good size but can be expanded or made long and narrow for variety. Adding a tile with no asphalt and two tiles with Straights along the long size would make a 3x3 tile map 27"x42" with a larger city block or multiple cross streets. The long straight and blank tile are part of the "expansion" I was talking about since the base set comes with 6 tiles I thought it would be a great starting point.

Old November 30th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:20 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Looks like a great idea!
Yeah the quick and easy map changes means I'm one step closer to releasing a campaign.

Old November 30th, 2017, 01:28 PM

PM me your address again and I will send them to you.

Do you need Innistrad (master set) or the expansion set or both?
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Me likey!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
A Man of Taste

yeah in a closer to perfect world I'd own a laser cutter and I'd just make my own boards with a less intricate locking edge and crank these suckers out. But I think reusing the AotP tiles will be a good substitute. I do worry about the trimming of the edges around all those tabs.

Old December 15th, 2017, 12:26 AM
A Man of Taste

So I was busy tonight and stayed up way to late for a weekday but here's where I am...

2 of each of the above is what I'm calling the Master Set...Download PDF

The expansion will consist of 2 of these...

One each of a solid concrete...

and solid asphalt (parking lot)...

and 1 of these

for the final tile I'll probabbly just end up doubling the Grass so you can have a park at one end of a 2x3 map.

I have two sets of tile from the base game which is why there are 12 tiles planned. These go on the backs of those tiles.

Last edited by japes; January 4th, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers