Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 21st, 2021, 10:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Destroyer

And its a very nice mini! For photos, see SD's illustration of the game by clicking on my signature!

Last edited by chas; October 23rd, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2021, 08:37 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, what a beast.
That's what Thor said.

For the playtest games, I tried to build a couple of armies with the Destroyer that could "break" him, one teaming him with my Loki custom to grant him an extra X Marker, and the second teaming him with Talingul and a couple of Iron Golems for the Construct bonding.

I played the Loki army and used the Destroyer too aggressively, overextending him pretty much right up to the enemy start zone where he had no support and got tag teamed by Thor and the Thing. They took the Destroyer down fairly early in the game, but the Destroyer did enough damage to Thor that it almost served as a queen swap.

Chas used the Destroyer in the Talingul army but didn't really get to try out the bonding much, since his Talingul was taken out in the game's first round by some lucky Tarn Viking Warriors exploiting a map with a lot of road spaces. Somehow, the Destroyer and the Iron Golems managed to win that game even without the bonding, due in part to some less than stellar tactics from yours truly.
Old April 5th, 2022, 09:29 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs

I spent part of the weekend updating the index and fixing outdated links in this thread's OP when something I wrote there 13 (!) years ago caught my eye:

Quote:
I've been designing customs for Marvel characters that are unlikely to get official Marvelscape figures even if the game continues production. That is, characters who aren't A- or even B-list heroes and villains, poor souls who will never in a million years get their own cartoons or movie franchises.
Meanwhile, here in 2022, Moon Knight of all characters now has a television show and Guardians of the Galaxy is a household name. Shows what I know.
Old April 7th, 2022, 07:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ha ha! Things certainly have changed for Superheroes over the years. A nonScaping Jewish pal recently wrote to tell me about Sabra, and I mentioned that I already had your custom figure for her and had played with her! And that was a while ago. If Gal Gadot ever wants to change comic franchises...
Old April 7th, 2022, 07:40 PM

Despite what I said above, I feel pretty confident that Sabra will never be a part of the MCU. I doubt either Disney or Marvel would ever be eager to play with that political hot potato.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; April 19th, 2022 at 01:59 PM.
Old August 17th, 2022, 07:20 PM

Made revisions to a couple of old cards, Invisible Woman and the Street Thugs common squad:

I decided to streamline my Invisible Woman custom by dropping her prior movement powers and simply giving her Stealth Flying. My old version tried to capture her unique way of using her force fields to walk through the air, but doing so necessitated a four-power card, something I usually try to avoid, not to mention a crowded card with small text. In the end I decided the tradeoff wasn't worth it and that Stealth Flying was an adequate representation of her ability.

As for the Street Thugs, I eliminated a figure from the squad to make it a three-figure squad. The previous version was a bit more capable than I wanted it to be, given the inherent strengths of any four-figure common squad, and I was never happy with the fact that one of the minis in the squad wasn't armed with a gun, so I killed two birds with one stone. (I'm planning on re-using the bases from those minis for some other new customs, so I guess I killed three birds with one stone.)
Old August 17th, 2022, 07:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I dig those. That is a powerhouse Sue. I like that you simply grayed out her hit zone for Invisibility. I want to design an invisible character at some point with just a base for the figure.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:13 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I dig those. That is a powerhouse Sue. I like that you simply grayed out her hit zone for Invisibility.

Why do you think The Varja exists?

Old August 17th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. Not a huge fan of OM removal powers though.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:22 PM

I agree that OM removal should be scarce. Thankfully, I don't think we overdid the mechanic in C3V. As for the Shermanverse, I'd be surprised if there are more than, say, 10 cards with OM removal.
Old August 24th, 2022, 07:17 PM

Made a revision to an old card of mine, Emma Frost:

My old version of the character squeezed all three versions onto one card because having two cards for a single unique hero seemed too out-of-the-box to me back then. It was a compromise I was never fully happy with because having two pictures and two hitzones on a unique hero's card was out-of-the-box in its own way. Since my goal with all of my customs, particularly my superhero customs, is to try to design them the way I think Hasbro might have if Marvelscape had continued, I decided separating Emma's different forms into their own cards was actually the more orthodox solution.
Old August 24th, 2022, 11:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

With so many Adventurers in Shermanscape I have to ask if there is some kind of OM hub or other synergy for Adventurers.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations