Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old July 17th, 2021, 10:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
See you next year!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 19th, 2021, 11:30 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
One small correction

Quote:
Sunday:
Breakfast 7:45 -- 8:45
3 Headed Hydra 9:00 -- 2:00
Map Breakdown 2:00 -- 2:30
Load Walt's wife's Van
See you next year!
Also, for the "dinner on your own" Wednesday night. The restaurant in the hotel had pretty good food the last time I ate there, but that was several years ago. There aren't many fast food places near the hotel (Subway is all that I remember). There are multiple options at the IN-267 exit (one exit west of hotel), but then you have the issue of the closed exit ramp to get back to the hotel.
Dinner at the hotel is probably going to make the most sense, particularly after being in the car for 14 hours the day before. I have been assured that the hotel food is very good (of course that's from the sales director....)
Old July 19th, 2021, 12:38 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Announcements:

1. Schedule Change -- The Hotel has agreed to extend the ballroom hours for gaming until 1am providing that there are no noise complaints from any guests.
The ballroom will be locked from 1am until 8am so that no-one disturbs our maps, pitch car, etc.
2. Early Check In on Wednesday -- The hotel will try to accommodate early check-ins on Wednesday for our group. They expect 100% occupancy on Tuesday night, so rooms may not be ready, but they have asked for a list of names of anyone who would like early check in on Wed. Please pm me by Thursday if you would like early check-in and I will send the list to the sales director on Friday when we finalize meals.

Last edited by Dragon Ruler; July 19th, 2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old July 22nd, 2021, 12:30 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The ScapeCon Championship Fantasy Draft is live!

Quote:
Announcements:

1. Schedule Change -- The Hotel has agreed to extend the ballroom hours for gaming until 1am providing that there are no noise complaints from any guests.
The ballroom will be locked from 1am until 8am so that no-one disturbs our maps, pitch car, etc.
2. Early Check In on Wednesday -- The hotel will try to accommodate early check-ins on Wednesday for our group. They expect 100% occupancy on Tuesday night, so rooms may not be ready, but they have asked for a list of names of anyone who would like early check in on Wed. Please pm me by Thursday if you would like early check-in and I will send the list to the sales director on Friday when we finalize meals.
Awesome news! I always look forward to late night gaming.
Old July 22nd, 2021, 01:01 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
The ScapeCon Championship Fantasy Draft is live!

Quote:
Announcements:

Awesome news! I always look forward to late night gaming.
Woot! This just means I'll have to bring more games!
Old July 22nd, 2021, 02:28 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

We lost wifi for about 4-5 days, hence the lack of communication these past few days (data at our house is very spotty). A few quick things:

1. Multiplayer maps will go up tomorrow with a thread for signups. We're going to need 8 4-player and 3 3-player maps- 11 in total. The Heroscapers terrain can cover 2-3, my terrain can cover a few more, but I will ask for some help! If you are driving and can bring a couple maps, that would be much appreciated! Again, the thread will go up tomorrow.
2. Reminder that tomorrow is the last day for signups! Signups at this point will not receive a t-shirt, as they have already been ordered. The price is $335 for all your meals from Thursday morning-Sunday morning and a weekend of great gaming with awesome prizes!
3. If you have any last-minute questions, post or PM me or my dad.

We'll see you all in Indy! I'm looking forward to a great weekend of HeroScape!
Mike

Edit: 4. There will be a ScapeCon betting podcast and form going up tomorrow as well- it's just another fun little contest! There may be a prize, but idk yet.

Last edited by OEAO; July 22nd, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2021, 06:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

One other quick thing: we can only have one stream going due to bandwidth constraints; I believe ISB3/Filthe will be streaming, but Dysole will if not.

I encourage anyone else who can bring a setup to record games! I would if I had had more time to figure it all out; I plan on doing it in the future.
Old July 23rd, 2021, 07:43 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I plan on doing it in the future.

Spoiler Alert!

If you're still tagged it's because you're not signed up for events! Don't forget to sign +1s up as well!

Attention ScapeCon attendees: we're only a few weeks days away, so it's high time we had accurate counts of who's playing in what and who's interested in what other games.

Please post most importantly in the Event Sign-Up thread if you haven't already. There are a lot of great events. Only like 50% 65% of you have signed up so far. Don't forget 3-Headed Hydra has a thread as well, as does the new VC event on Wednesday night if you'll be there.

Also post in the Other Games thread if anything suits your fancy, or if you have something you're thinking of bringing. I'm sure no one wants to bring along more than they have to, and the sooner we know what we can leave behind the better. See also good news below:

Quote:
Announcements:

Responses are also needed to the Hotel Rooms in case anyone still needs to share; figures and games you're willing to Trade (and save on shipping!) while at ScapeCon; if you'll be there early, help Building Maps; and if you need to borrow figures, here's the place to ask.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 23rd, 2021, 06:42 PM

ScapeCon Menu Choice -- Saturday dinner

We have ordered the "plated dinner" option for Saturday dinner (this is the only meal that is not a buffet.) We have selected Tuscan Chicken (Grilled chicken breast topped with a creamy white wine sauce, sauteed spinich, tomatoes and mushrooms served over a bed of wild rice) and Teriyaki Atlantic Salmon (Teriyaki Glazed Atlantic Salmon served with rice pilaf and asperagus). The hotel needs to know by Monday 4:30pm eastern time, how many of each meal we need. The default is chicken. If I do not have a pm from you by 4:00 pm eastern time this Monday, your meal will be chicken. If you want salmon, please pm me before 4. Thanks.

Last edited by Dragon Ruler; July 23rd, 2021 at 06:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Old July 25th, 2021, 09:26 AM

FINAL MENU (subject to minor changes due to potential supply issues):

We have eliminated the afternoon snack break in order to keep the tournaments flowing. We will still have plenty of sugar with dessert at dinner and pastry at breakfast. We have expanded the breakfasts to include enhanced scrambled egg dishes as well as either waffles, french toast or pancakes every day (a fine suggestion by @MegaSilver .) We also have a coffee refresh at 10am daily.
See post above regarding Saturday dinner.

Thursday:
Breakfast – Country Buffet
Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese, Home Fried Potatoes, Waffles, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon, Coffee.

Lunch – The Corner Deli Lunch Buffet
Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Cheeses, Bread, Rolls, Toppings, Salad, Iced Tea, Water.

Dinner - On the Boarder Buffet
Southwest Style Salad, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Spicy Nacho Cheese Dip, Seasoned Taco Beef, Fajita Chicken, Warm Flour Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Toppings, Dessert, Iced Tea, Water.

Friday:
Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Swiss Cheese, Home Fried Potatoes, French Toast, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon, Coffee.

Lunch – Tailgate Buffet
Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Salad, Cole Slaw, Macaroni and Cheese, Iced Tea, Water.

Dinner – Taste of Italy Buffet
Soup du Jour, Italian Inspired Garden Salad, Chicken Parmesan, Cheese Manicotti, Sauteed Vegetables, Breadsticks, Dessert, Iced Tea, Water

Saturday:
Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Red Onion, Mozzarella, and Fresh Basil, Home Fried Potatoes, Waffles, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon, Coffee.

Lunch – The Corner Deli Lunch Buffet
Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Cheeses, Bread, Rolls, Salad, Toppings, Iced Tea, Water.

Dinner – Plated Dinner
Garden Salad, Rolls and Butter
Choice of: Tuscan Chicken or Teriyaki Salmon; Dessert, Iced Tea, Water

Sunday:
Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese, Home Fried Potatoes, Pancakes, Sliced Fresh Fruit, Assorted Pastries, Bacon, Coffee.

Water Stations set up during the entire Con in both the gaming ballroom and the dining ballroom.
Old July 25th, 2021, 12:29 PM

Here is the updated schedule. We will have copies available at the Con. Just a heads up that you may want a sweatshirt with you as sometimes the AC in these ballrooms can be pretty chilly.

SCAPECON 2021 SCHEDULE
JULY 28, 2021 – AUGUST 1, 2021

Wednesday:
Map Setup 3pm
Dinner on your own
Tourney 7pm
Open Gaming After Map Setup – 1am

Thursday:
Tourneys 9:00 -- 1:15pm (4 rounds)
Lunch 1:15 -- 2:00pm
Tourneys 2:00 -- 6:15pm (4 rounds)
Dinner 6:15 -- 7:00pm
Prize Table Open 7:00pm – 7:15pm
Multi-Player Tourney: 7:15pm -- Midnight (4 rounds)
Open Gaming 7:00 – 1am

Friday:
Tourneys 9:00 -- 1:15 (4 rounds)
Lunch 1:15 -- 2:00
Main Event 2:00 -- 6:15 (4 rounds)
Dinner 6:15 -- 7:00
Main Event 7:00 -- 9:00 (2 rounds)
Prize Table Open 9:00pm – 9:15pm
Open Gaming 9:00pm – 1am
Bracketology 9:00pm

Saturday:
Main Event 9:00 -- 1:30 (Day 2 three rounds)
4 x 4 10:30 -- 1:30 (First 3 rounds)
Lunch 1:30 -- 2:15
Championship and 3 vs. 4 Game 2:15 -- 4:00
4 x 4 2:30 -- 3:30 (Final round)
General Wars -- 4:00 -- 6:00 (First two rounds)
Dinner 6:00 -- 7:00
General Wars 7:00 -- 9:00 (Final two rounds)
Prize Table Open 9:00pm – 9:15pm
Open Gaming 9:00pm – 1am
Team Trivia Night

Sunday:
3 Headed Hydra 9:00 -- 2:00pm
Prize Table Open 2:00 – 2:15pm
Map Breakdown 2:00 -- 2:30pm
Load Walt's Wife’s Van
See you next year! Dates TBD

Open Gaming allowed in ballrooms at any time from 8am -- 1am

Last edited by Dragon Ruler; July 25th, 2021 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old July 25th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

To spare the awkwardness…just so people know, I’ll be shaking hands. Haha, it’s weird being in public again as people don’t know if it’s acceptable, but I’ll be excited to see and meet you all and would appreciate a handshake. Just saying it now since I’ll be offering a hand out

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon