Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Red Wyrmling

The Book of Red Wyrmling
Warriors of Eberron – Collection D2 – "Golem & the Wyrmlings"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio : TBA

A. No. The minimum is zero. Any figure with a 2 Defense going up against a Red Wyrmling had better have a really good plan.

Synergy Benefits Received
WYRMLINGS : WYRMLING BONDING : As a wyrmling, the Red Wyrmling may benefit from WYRMLING BONDING Activation Synergy, listed on each wyrmling's card:
Synergy Benefits Offered
- SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
Having a Disciplined personality, Red Wyrmling may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.

Terrain Benefits Received
N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Red Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Early Wyrmling Strategy Musings - More than meets the eye?

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA
(Thanks for the shot, Guru)

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 21st, 2024 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Sacred Band synergy added
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Red Wyrmling

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:47 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think a Gold Wyrmling should have gone to Einar. Sure Zelrig is red, but Mimring needs a Wyrmling too.

Regardless, I like the general concept of the Wyrmlings. I'm also glad they don't bond with their 'parent' dragons, an ability like that would be gamebreaking.
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I think a Gold Wyrmling should have gone to Einar. Sure Zelrig is red, but Mimring needs a Wyrmling too.

Regardless, I like the general concept of the Wyrmlings. I'm also glad they don't bond with their 'parent' dragons, an ability like that would be gamebreaking.

Rhogar got the mini-fireline.

Edit:Sorry Spite. You could always use IG as a screen for Rhogar. Run IG up and as he is engaged, bring Rhogar up, heal Iggy and shoot through him getting a couple of enemy figures with little chance of hurting Iggy.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; July 19th, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added something pertaining to the thread ;)
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post

Rhogar got the mini-fireline.
It's like Mimring and Kelda had a kid!
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Please don't do this, guys. The Book is intended for clarification questions and serious strategy talk, and the image of Kelda and Mimring you've inflicted on me absolutely does not count as strategy.

Although, admittedly, strategy would have to be involved.

Thanks guys.

~Spite
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:18 PM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I find these little guys can be a good alternative to Zelrig if you've got a smart opponent. Everyone pictures flying zelrig to the crowded start zone and wreaking havok, but a smart player will usually position his starting troops into anti-zelrig formations. The wyrmlings give you some versatility with the bonding and also allow for late game squad busting after they've all moved out of the start zone and spread out.

This I believe is also my first post on these boards! Yay!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:31 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

I'm tempted to try these guys out in a disciplined army build, mainly because I'm curious to see if they can make the Sacred Band viable. The SB can spread out and engage the enemy, leaving the RW's to flit around and make attacks of opportunity. Or you could use the RW's to distract your opponent as you maneuver the rest of your army.

Marcus Build:
Marcus 100
SB x3 150
10th x2 150
RW x3 90
Isamu 10

Valguard Build: (yeah, I know )
Parmenio 90
Valguard 110
SB x2 100
RA x2 or AE 110
RW x3 90

In the Valguard army I was thinking of trying to use a RW or two as bodyguards to prevent as many disengagement attacks as possible so he'd have a better chance to reach my opponent's range/cheerleaders/heroes.

I don't know how competitive either army would be (well, I have an inkling about the 2nd one ) but I think it's a more interesting way to try and use the RW instead of RW x16 + Marcu, or something like that.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:54 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

With big start zones, this one could be pretty powerful:

SB x5
Marcus
RW x5

Otherwise, you could always use Romans and swap out one squad for MBS. That actually sounds like a pretty powerful army...

In other news, these guys work great with melee bonding squads:

Knights x4
Gilbert
RW x4 505

Dwarves x4
Mogrimm
RW x4 520
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:57 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabastianBludd View Post
Marcus Build:
Marcus 100
SB x3 150
10th x2 150
RW x3 90
Isamu 10
I think you might be on to something with this one, I just don't like SB without Parmenio.

100 Marcus
90 Parmenio
110 Airborne Elite
100 Sacred Band x2
90 Red Wyrmling x3
10 Isamu

At 540 you can drop Isamu and go up to SBx3 and I think you have a much more substantial army. Great outside the box thinking SebastianBludd!

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:32 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I've played against the Wyrmlings, and I personally think they work better with duplicates. The Black Wyrmlings are complete Hero ravagers, whereas the Red Wyrmling works amazing in a pair, or even a trio, as they can massacre a squad in two turns.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:06 AM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I've played against the Wyrmlings, and I personally think they work better with duplicates.
I agree. I worry about order marker management with a Wyrmling horde army, though. I got thinking about the RW because it's the only one of the 4 whose personality has any sort of army-building effect.

The Disciplined synergy notwithstanding, RW's seemed to be a natural fit in a SB build because SB armies are hamstrung by the sheer number of points that need to be sunk into synergy-boosting units (Marcus, Parmenio) to make them playable. Once you get some range there isn't much left over to spend on units with special attacks. The RW's are a cheap and powerful solution.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units