Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MechScape - mac122

For Pulse Lasers, here is the text from the MechWarrior Special Equipment Card
Quote:
PULSE (optional) Once per turn, when this unit resolves a successful ranged combat attack against a single opposing target figure, make a second ranged combat attack against that target, which gets +2 to its defense value against the second attack. If this unit is a ’Mech, it gains 1 heat after resolving the second attack in addition to any other heat generated by the order. The second attack does not cost an order.
So, I'm thinking something like this may be more appropriate, subbing damage for heat.

PULSE LASERS
If this unit inflicts damage with this attack, you may place one damage marker on this card and attack the same opponent one additional time.

Since heat would be vent-able and the damage is permanent (at least until repair vehicles are added), I am going to leave off the increase to the opponent's defense.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 14th, 2017, 10:53 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Added some more cards to the Stormhammers Faction. Two Assault Mechs, Michaela Freeman's Atlas and Ken Roos' Warhammer, a Heavy Mech, Latonya Lyons' Vulture, a Medium Targe Mech, and three additional Light Mechs, Mikhail Thacker's Uziel, an Uller, and a Cougar.

Before I convert any more units, I'm going to try to carve out some time to play some games and check for balance. I'd rather find the tweaks I need to make to the conversion process before I run dozens more through.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old October 16th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looking forward to your playtesting results.

My theoryscape is not always the strongest, so it makes it hard for me to comment on designs sometimes and this has some new mechanics going.
I would love to play some Battletech again. We were supposed to get into some sort of mass mech Battletech at GC but we ended up in a card game (Dragonfire, I think).
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
For Pulse Lasers, here is the text from the MechWarrior Special Equipment Card
Quote:
PULSE (optional) Once per turn, when this unit resolves a successful ranged combat attack against a single opposing target figure, make a second ranged combat attack against that target, which gets +2 to its defense value against the second attack. If this unit is a ’Mech, it gains 1 heat after resolving the second attack in addition to any other heat generated by the order. The second attack does not cost an order.
So, I'm thinking something like this may be more appropriate, subbing damage for heat.

PULSE LASERS
If this unit inflicts damage with this attack, you may place one damage marker on this card and attack the same opponent one additional time.

Since heat would be vent-able and the damage is permanent (at least until repair vehicles are added), I am going to leave off the increase to the opponent's defense.
Didn't do a full-blown test, but ran a short skirmish to test out the newer version of Pulse Lasers. Two things popped up that made me rethink the power. First, I just didn't care for the auto-damage. It's replacing a heat increase. Heat can cause trouble, but it can also be vented. So instead of automatic damage, I a going with a 50-50 chance of damage. Second, the power got a little wonky when the Mech using it could target more than one unit. After re-reading the original MechWarrior Pulse power, I saw that you had to limit the attack to a single target. So, all that being said, here is the version of Pulse Lasers I will be using:

PULSE LASERS
If this unit targets and inflicts damage on a single opposing unit, it may attack that unit one additional time. Add 2 to the opposing unit's defense for the second attack. After the second attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as 1 damage against this unit.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 4th, 2019, 08:16 PM

MechScape update.

I've been working through this off and on over the last few months. I have Mech, Vehicle, and Infantry units ported over from the MechWarrior Clix game for Clan Nova Cat, Clan Sea Fox, Clan Wolf, Highlanders, House Davion, House Steiner, Rasalhague Dominion (Ghost Bear), Republic of the Sphere, Stormhammers, and many Mercenary units. I've played several games with these and am pretty happy with how the system works. I've updated the rules in the second post. Unfortunately, my Mk II update card designs, I found lacking. I've just completed the redesign to the Mk III standard, as seen in the new samples in the OP. I've simplified the naming and traits, removing bits that didn't really serve a purpose in my system. Also increased the size of the ability text boxes to better accommodate some of the wordier powers. Now, I need to recreate the card blanks for each faction. I'll start posting them as I do.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 6th, 2019, 12:08 AM

CLAN NOVA CAT

From Sarna.net - the BattleTech Wiki
"Clan Nova Cat was one of the original twenty Clans founded by Nicholas Kerensky. Named for the Nova Cat of Dagda due to its alert readiness towards danger, the Clan was known for its unconventional practices, including the use of mystical visions to guide their decisions. Originally the Clan fell in with the Crusader cause and joined in the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere, but after their defeat they not only switched to the Warden philosophy but joined the Inner Sphere in creating a Second Star League. For their actions the Clan was Abjured by the other Clans and they were forced to settle on worlds inside the Draconis Combine with the blessing of the Combine leadership. The Clan was eventually wiped out by Draconis Combine forces after supporting a rebellion against the Dragon Throne. A splinter group, the Spirit Cats, is now all that remains of the once-mighty Nova Cats."

MECHS
Spoiler Alert!

VEHICLES
Spoiler Alert!

INFANTRY
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; January 23rd, 2024 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Note: need newer versions of cards with correct point values
Old May 6th, 2019, 06:50 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
Old May 6th, 2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool.
Thanks, T! I appreciate all your comments on this project!

This has been a lot of fun to work on. I've got to remember to take some photos the next time I run a battle.

Inspired by the C3G Sortable Index (which also inspired the HoSS Sortable Index), I'm compiling a spreadsheet with all the units, their stats and powers. It has already been invaluable in keeping the cards consistent when I've tweaked powers.

Edit: Added the Clan Nova Cat Vehicles and Infantry cards.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 6th, 2019, 02:28 PM

Yes, it helps to see the numbers. I had all that memorized for original Battletech.
Old May 6th, 2019, 04:07 PM

HOUSE DAVION/FEDERATED SUNS

From Sarna.net - The BattleTech Wiki
"The Federated Suns has traditionally been the most powerful and largest of the Successor States to occupy the Inner Sphere. From their ancestral home of New Avalon, the scions of House Davion have ruled the Federated Suns since its founding by Lucien Davion in 2317. While tracing their family line to French and English nobility of ancient Terra and ruling as constitutional monarchs, the Davions have always positioned themselves and the Federated Suns as champions of liberty, democracy and personal freedoms in the Inner Sphere. This view has bred a sense of righteousness in the Davion cause, serving as both a source of strength and weakness during their history."

MECHS
Spoiler Alert!

VEHICLES
Spoiler Alert!

INFANTRY
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; January 23rd, 2024 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Note: need newer versions of cards with correct point values
Old May 6th, 2019, 04:13 PM

REPUBLIC OF THE SPHERE

From Sarna.net - The BattleTech Wiki
"The Republic of the Sphere rose from the ashes of the Word of Blake Jihad. It was founded by Devlin Stone in 3081.[1] Its capital is the city of Geneva on Terra. Part of Stone's vision was to create a time of peace and The Republic helped fulfill that vision by occupying many of the planets that the Successor States had fought over for centuries. Stone also acknowledged that power came from the people, not the government, so he sought to weaken the power of the nobility."

MECHS
Spoiler Alert!

VEHICLES
Spoiler Alert!

INFANTRY
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Last edited by mac122; January 23rd, 2024 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Note: need newer versions of cards with correct point values
Old May 6th, 2019, 04:26 PM

HIGHLANDERS

From Sarna.net - the BattleTech Wiki
"The Northwind Highlanders are a storied unit, with the roots of their history in the ancient Terran nation of Scotland. Led by Clan Stuart, a group of Scots that included the last vestiges of Scotland's military, the Highlanders colonized the planet of Northwind, largely due to its agreeable climate. Throughout the centuries, the Highlanders earned a reputation as an elite unit with high standards and morals that were not for sale."

MECHS
Spoiler Alert!

VEHICLES
Spoiler Alert!

INFANTRY
Spoiler Alert!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards