Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 26th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazack View Post
Also, does anyone have deathwalker 7000, Beorn Boltcutter, and 3 squads of zettian infantry, that I could borrow?
Only 2 squads but I have the others...you might have to numb a 3rd squad from someone

Also, any maps you can help with?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
For maps, I'll bring Lush Dark, Slush, Mud Puddle, and Crumble.

Also, turns out those of us up here in Logan like to use units that we don't personally own. Would anyone be willing to provide Fyorlag Spiders x3, Marro Dividers x2, and Myrddin for us?
I got you.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:52 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

I am really curious to know how this last tournament went!!! I’m on pins and needles!
Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Apologies for the wait, my computer decided to bust a cable (again) so I’m stuck to what my iPod allows right now, which isn’t much. I can tell you there were 5 people (almost 6) at the top who went 6-2. It was a wild time.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:26 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We have delayed too long!! Sorry for making everyone wait! Standings from our previous super-fun Scraps Monthly have been posted here, and we're ready to announce the next format!! We had some difficulties with the one we were planning, but @Leaf_It was able to whip up a really fun scenario format: Capture the Flag!! See details in the OP or below:

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:27 AM

UTAH MONTHLY MAY 2019

When: May 25th, 11 AM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Capture the Flag
We're going to capture all the flags this month! Grab your opponent's Command Glyph and bring it to your Start Zone before they capture yours.
- Each player will have a Command Glyph outside of their start zone (each glyph placement will be predetermined for each map). The Command Glyph is always on the battlefield and cannot be removed.
- When a figure is on a Command Glyph it gets +1 Defense.
- At the beginning of each round, if you control a figure that is on a Command Glyph and that figure is engaged, you may add 8 to your initiative roll.
- You may stand on, but cannot move, your own Command Glyph.
- When any figure starts their turn on an opponent's Command Glyph, after moving (normally and/or by special power) you may place the Command Glyph under that figure.
- Special powers that can move Treasure Glyphs can also move Command Glyphs (ala Heirloom)
- If you bring your opponent's Command Glyph to your start zone, you win.
  • 455 Point Armies
  • 24 Figure Limit
  • C3V & SoV allowed, but Official Marvel NOT allowed this time
  • You must have at least 1 Unique Hero worth 100 Points or more in your army
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • Four 50-minute Rounds

Unique Army Raffle: If you have an army that doesn't share any units with any other army, you'll be entered into a raffle for an extra prize!!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

Pictures:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
IMPORTANT

I have been in communication with an anonymous sponsor and this is unlike any other announcement you'll ever hear!

Quote:
"I'll send 1 heroscape booster pack for every 2 people who have RSVP'ed for the May gathering by next Friday (5/17). That way there is plenty of time to get it to you before the 25th."
This is an incredible opportunity Utah/Idaho tourney goers! Let's make this the greatest tournament yet, cause this is the greatest prize opportunity you'll ever see! All you have to do is RSVP and show up and there'll be a mountain of prizes to choose from!!!!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, etc. for all attendees.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; May 29th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 8th, 2019, 01:21 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

My apologies gents! I will be leaving the country this day! Once again, this format sounds awesome and I hope to see it again!!!

I know you will be posting some maps to this thread soon. However, what are some of y’alls favorite Capture the Flag maps??
Old May 8th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
My apologies gents! I will be leaving the country this day! Once again, this format sounds awesome and I hope to see it again!!!

I know you will be posting some maps to this thread soon. However, what are some of y’alls favorite Capture the Flag maps??
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) a capture the flag format has never been done at a tournament. I'm sure someone has made their own rules for it at some point, but it isn't a standardized format. Because of that, I have no idea which maps work best for the format. Honestly I don't think it will be too different than usual. We're just going to be looking for maps that won't give either player any kind of inherent advantage. The format will favor high mobility, and bonding armies, as well as units that are good at not dying easily so they can just sit on the Flag. None of that is going to be drastically different than normal Heroscape. Killing all your opponent's units is still an option; if they don't have anyone left to defend the flag, then they don't have anyone left to steal yours.

The true way to win is to run a Frenzy army with a fire D20, and win by never letting your opponent take a turn.
Old May 8th, 2019, 06:32 PM

shmet Woo who?

How similar is the flag to a treasure glyph? Like, can squad figures pick it up and sit on it? Do we need to successfully roll a D20 to pick it up?

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.
Old May 8th, 2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post

Boooo.... Though I guess I can't argue with out of country. Where are you headed to?

Aside from the scenario that comes with the RotV set and one of my own maps I designed, I actually haven't done much glyph capturing madness. Like Leafy said, it changes depending on which variant you're running (some have a glyph in the start zone and just landing on it wins, some have a glyph in the middle you take back to your start zone, some have multiple glyphs you collect). I've had a few maps come to mind like Quasatch Playground and Rocky Mounds that I think would be fun to do this specific one on, but Leafy and I will talk it over a bit more and probably do a couple tests to be sure how big we want the maps for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
How similar is the flag to a treasure glyph? Like, can squad figures pick it up and sit on it? Do we need to successfully roll a D20 to pick it up?
Great questions! Any figure can move the glyph. The only requirement is that the figure has to start its turn on the glyph, so Heroes will be better due to higher survivability, but Commons can do it as well. No D20 roll is needed.

The main difference between the Command Glyph and a normal Treasure Glyph is that the Command Glyph doesn't go onto the figure's card when it's picked up. It always stays under the figure that is carrying it. That way Commons and Squads can move the glyph without it being confusing who has it.

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 8th, 2019, 11:14 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Monthly time is sneaking up on us! I hope you're all getting ready! How about some maps to get you pumped:

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!
Ohmigosh, this may be the first time that anyone has ever played on Arachne! Hope it wasn't too terrible for you folks.
Old May 9th, 2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Monthly time is sneaking up on us! I hope you're all getting ready! How about some maps to get you pumped:

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!
Ohmigosh, this may be the first time that anyone has ever played on Arachne! Hope it wasn't too terrible for you folks.
I really like it! The only problem I was aware of was that the guy bringing it tried to build it first and then transport it in his car and it fell apart , but other than that it was great!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events