Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Please check the first two posts for some details on what is expected in a nomination.

No to reviewing samuelfrost4's Bogdan Esenwein.

No rule against nominating several in the same day. I'd appreciate you checking out the first couple posts & making an effort to do it the right way before nominating a 3d, though.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

At a glance, Bogdan looks priced way too high. His stats are only a little better than Iskra's, his keystone power (Summon enhancement) is significantly weaker than Iskra's (the ability to do the actual summoning), but he is 140% more expensive? I don't think that many players would be able to justify him.

I vote NO to review Bogdan Esenwein by samuelfrost4.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Once again:

Quote:
I'll vote against reviewing any unit that's submitted without a playtest summary. I want to know the good strategies, army combinations and game formats for each unit up front, along with notable weaknesses or blind spots the unit has. They're all supposed to have been playtested before submission, and it makes my job easier if I know ahead of time some specifics to look for.
And I agree, the unit looks too expensive. But I like what gap you're trying to fill here, though. Rechets need a boost of some sort. And he's like a more durable Marcu.

I vote NO to reviewing Bogdan Esenwein
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Bogdan Esenwein by samuelfrost4 has received 3 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Elginb, Killometer), and is removed from the process

Old August 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I think I might have run into a snag with the Beakface Sneaks. Flocking doesn't specify which other Sneak to move. In others words with the current wording I could move Sneak 1 & 2 6 spaces, attack with Sneak 1, move Sneak 2 6 more spaces, attack with Sneak 2, and then move Sneak 1 6 more spaces. I think this could be an issue, but I am struggling with how to word it, so that this is not an option.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:10 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
So I think I might have run into a snag with the Beakface Sneaks. Flocking doesn't specify which other Sneak to move. In others words with the current wording I could move Sneak 1 & 2 6 spaces, attack with Sneak 1, move Sneak 2 6 more spaces, attack with Sneak 2, and then move Sneak 1 6 more spaces. I think this could be an issue, but I am struggling with how to word it, so that this is not an option.
And why is that a problem? Assuming the first was engaged (in order to attack) and it failed to kill its target, it would be risking a disengagement strike if you moved it with the second one's Flocking.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; August 10th, 2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Flocking: I just can't avoid the image of a bird covered with white powder.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You could specify that the figure moved by Flocking cannot be a figure that moved this turn.

As I said to you privately, I'm also a bit concerned about the interaction with scatter. It's not clear who moves first.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:58 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
You could specify that the figure moved by Flocking cannot be a figure that moved this turn.

As I said to you privately, I'm also a bit concerned about the interaction with scatter. It's not clear who moves first.
The Beak Sneaks move after rolling attack dice and the Deathreavers move after rolling defense dice. Since roll rolling attack dice is before rolling defense dice, wouldn't the Beak Sneaks move first?

BTW, I don't care if the Beak Sneak moved is one that's already been moved before-- it's not an immediately obvious problem to me. But I do want to know which version we're judging.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I didn't get to vote on whether we would review the Beakface Sneaks but I'll cast my vote here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
I think Super Bogue's concern is a reasonable one.

As written these guys, or one of them at least, has a threat range of 12, and I don't think he intended to price them that way.

Indeed, with several squads of them it could get complicated and very nasty. Move with two, attack with two, move another a total of 12 hexes... I like these figures as a two man squad and I like Glide and other things about what's going on here, but I don't think they were priced with this type of maneuvering in mind.

So I'll vote no to accepting Super Bogue's Beakface Sneaks into the SoV.

I will add that this nomination was thorough and it seems to me a lot of thought went into this design. Super Bogue's customs are always a pleasure to review and these in particular can, I think, be made to work, but I suspect it will be without Flocking, which may present other problems beyond the one I've discussed here.

Surely there is another thematic power, maybe similar, maybe not, that can be substituted.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the feedback and kind words everybody. Dok pointed out something that I need to change with the language on Glide. I aslo think use Dok's suggestion about Flocking to fine tune that power to solve the issue where 2 Sneaks could move 12 spaces. I will update the card and repost it when I get home tonight.

Edit: I have updated the card again. The issues with Flocking and Glide should be fixed now.

Last edited by Super Bogue; August 11th, 2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM

After a little behind-the-scene's discussion we think that the Beakface Sneak's updates are enough to warrant a revote for review (good news is that it strikes DS's NO to induct vote ). Since the updated card was posted here, I'll consider that a renomination.

Before I vote, though, I have a question regarding their mechanics.

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Excellent question, ZB, thanks for asking. And my bad for missing the internal linking of Flocking--glad we have a panel and great observers as well. I think the new unit is much closer and is a clear improvement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs